Hondo's Bar

Firefly

When yer midters are done, watch, you will enjoy. I mean come on, if Jacks and I can agree on something it has to be good, or possibly the spawn of the devil, one of the two.

As for lines, me and gunsmith tend to use the special hell a whole lot.

Hah! I brought that one out a couple days ago at work, about people who abuse/neglect animals. It was beautiful.

And there's a religion sub forum in philosophy. It's dead though since Father Benny left the forum to either a) join a church in the Alps with no internet access or b) descend into MMORPG permanently as a complete and total substitute for reality. Either way, it's dead. It could be alive in the "In God We Trust" thread were moved there, but honestly, it fits better were it currently is.

You are not the man I married a year ago!

I was thinking of making this thread a favorite character poll, but I was creating thew poll not knowing if ANYONE had heard of it (lots of people haven't) or if anyone was going to see it based on my recommendation. Turns out we have a few fans (mostly the Republicans it seems, but that's cool, I dig common ground) and I turns SB and RA into uberfans. So I'm going to make this poll and ask the Nick to merge it into this thread to keep the conversation all here.

Three issue run, trade comes out in January, has been selling like mad, the first issue alone is up to its third printing. Third issue just came out. The story is supposed to bridge the TV series and the movie. As I said pretty good stuff, I own issues 2 and 3, (1 is a bitch to find) and dled it from Zcultfm.

'S called Serenity. Jess and I found #2 and #3 at the comic shop, and ordered #1 on Amazon. So i haven't read #1 yet but I said what-the-hell and read 2 and 3 and yes it's quite good. Short, but good. I love the artist they got to do it, and the covers (there are three different ones for each issue, so 9 in total) are by the likes of Bradstreet, Cassaday, Quesada, Hitch. etc. Great stuff.

10755.jpg

(Good to see Laura Martin gettin' a cover credit. She deserves it.)

Edited by Silent Bob

Torrented it, read it. It was alright. Nowhere near the quality of the show, but I was thristing for Firefly, so it was satisfied. This book proved to be how much the actors' performances carry the show. I mean, the writing is good, but the cast makes it work. Also, the Chinese is annoying with being spoken. When it's spoken, the annunciation gives it context and emotion. In the comic it was just annoying. All in all, I'm just eager for the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, you whores, ive watched the first 2 ("Serenity"), and despite a slow start, its pretty cool so far. Looking forward to seeing where it goes from here...so far, Jax has something with the Space Cowboy Bebop thing, which is nothing but good.

If i wasnt sold before, i think RA's graphic fanaticism mightve done it. Anyway, since tomorrow is tropical storm day off, ill be watching more then too.

i think RA's graphic fanaticism mightve done it

*takes a bow*

Seriously? I've *NEVER* been so into a show as I am with Firefly. I don't know what it is about it, but I'm glad that my "graphic fanatacism" helped to convert another soul to a highly underappreciated series.

Mal definitely knows how to hold his own. He's a lot smarter than he is strong and he uses that to his advantage. Like in the "Train Job" episode, the guy in the bar starts talking shit about the Browncoats being a bunch of no good cowardly pisspots who all deserve to die. Mal says "Say that to my face" and puffs all up like he's gonna stir things up, and instead of Mal getting his ass handed to him, Zoe sneaks up and plants the butt of her sidearm in the guy's forehead. "I just wanted you to face me so she could get behind you. *SMACK*. Classic.

Yeah, stunts like that. I also had to pause after the line "..that's why i never kiss 'em on the lips."

...holy shit, "Ariel" was the best episdoe yet. That was intense! I can mebbe get 1 more, 2 tops in before i gotta get some sleep. If i bomb this test tomorrow afternoon, its all bishop & Joss Whedon's fault.

"two by two, hands of blue..." :ill:

Yeah, the entire 3rd disc was great....1 was a good intro, 2 was fun, but 3 was pretty solid the whole way through.

War Stories was awesome, few scenes in there that really did it for me...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
And yeah, "Out of Gas"s narrative was a great way to tell that story: if i was watching this week to week, there's times id be conivnced Mal & others might not make it to the next episode.

Still, having seen the trailer for Serenity, im thinking River plays a big part, as the uber-evil feds havent nearly been dealt with, and im kinda hoping that's revisited in the last 3 episodes somewhere....so, if this movie does well, there's a chance for others, or perhaps more from the show? Either'd be awesome.

ps Im obviously down for a group meetup for the movie. Wonder if its enough to get SB & RA down our way...?