Hondo's Bar

Firefly

also possibly up for seeing it twice on friday with a couple of groups if need be,

Might not be a bad idea. A History of Violence, The Greatest Game Ever Played, Oliver Twist and Into the Blue are opening against it. I see Serenity as a word of mouth movie, but opening weekends are so critical, and damnit, I want sequel!

Hondo's Firefly theme?  i wanna hear bout this...

I just meant my personal theme - the banner, the icon, the member title, etc. Though wouldn't that be shiny if there was an actual board theme out there?? Hmm...

Edited by Rubys Angel

That's what Serenity if for now.

I was reading a review of Serenity that started out saying

Once upon a time, there was a sci-fi TV show that was canceled before its time.

It hadn't been on very long. But its fans grew legion as years passed and the reruns indoctrinated millions of new recruits into its universe.

And then it came back as a movie.

But enough about Star Trek. Let's talk about Serenity.

And it got me thinking, what if Serenity becomes like Star Trek. This cast will make a bunch of movies, then there will be a Serenity: The Next Generation, and eventually the Next Generation csat will start making movies, then there will be like 8 different incarnations each lastign about 4 years cause none of them are as good as the first two. And there will be Serenity conventions. And fans will be called Serenies.

*gasps* Blasphemy!

lol really, though... it requires that you watch all the episodes before then... a friend of mine put it best, this isn't a very good stand-alone movie. meh... perhaps i'll appreciate it more if i see firefly... but... egads... that's a bit much for me. lol even then, there's plot holes that left some of us who had seen firefly scratching their heads.

eh.. cult film. it caters to a very specific audience, of which i'm not. lol so what reaction was i supposed to have? :bananaman: