Hondo's Bar

Funniest SNL Comedy Skit

Acalis

This post was inspired by MusicManiac's "Funniest SNL Male Comedian" poll. What would you pick as your choice for the funniest SNL skit of the show? Since there are so many, I won't list them in a poll. Instead I will just ask you to post about it, and if you could link a video clip of the skit or post pictures it would be even better. I'll start out with listing my favorite SNL skit. I love when Robert DeNiro hosts SNL. Almost always he does a skit where he plays the role of some CIA guy who gives a press conference about wanted terrorists with very suggestive names. Here's a clip of one of these funny skits:

Robert DeNiro SNL skit

• 11 months later...

I agree with Celebrity Jeopardy. I'm hoping they didn't put any on the Will Ferrell dvds because they're planning on releasing them all on one disc (like they recently did with the TV Funhouse cartoons) The Continental was also always good, but honestly, it's just Chris Walken, it's almost hard to call it a real SNL sketch.

I also always laughed when Jim Breuer guest-hosted The Weekend Update as Heavy Metal Guy. Probably one of the few times I laughed at Jim Breuer.

Does anyone remember the episode where Justin Timberlake was the host? He did a skit where he and someone else played Nick and Jessica, and Justin was in a dress and a wig playing Jessica Simpson, and that skit just made me laugh!

"But let me tell you this!" *starts filing his/her nails*

"Yes?"

"What?"

"You were about to make a point?"

"I was???"

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I always liked those Roxbury Guys skits with Will Ferrell and Chris Kataan. The skits themselves were meh, but the song is very cool!

They even had a Super Bowl ad based off that skit this year, complete with a cameo by Chris Kataan himself! (wait till the end)

...wait. so you're saying, you like "what is love?" by haddaway, but not the SNL skit? im lost. why like the skit at all? you know you can hear that song outside of the skit, yes?

heh, you're a weird guy al. that's like saying i hate the cowbell skit, but boy do i like the song the blue oyster people are playing.

...wait. so you're saying, you like "what is love?" by haddaway, but not the SNL skit? im lost. why like the skit at all? you know you can hear that song outside of the skit, yes?

heh, you're a weird guy al. that's like saying i hate the cowbell skit, but boy do i like the song the blue oyster people are playing.

Well first of all that skit is pretty much the old "Wild and Crazy" guys skit done with less funny people. And nobody actually like it for what it was, they liked it because the song is as addictive as chocolate laced with nicotine and crack. It has the opposite affect as Come Sail Away has on Cartman, you here some of it and you must hear it until it stops playing.

And the Cowbell Skit was good when it first came out, but it's one of those things that got annoying because people just kept bringing it up over and over again. In 2 years it will be funny to mention again because it's so unfunny to mention (as Numa Numa and All Your Base are now), and in ten years it will be hilarious all over again (like the Church Lady)

Archived