Hondo's Bar

Drunken Video Games

Benz

Glad to help, im up for this.  

Must save $ for bottle....one day maybe....

Hey people cmon lets get s'more ideas/details! Benny, didja see the ones KOS had? Theyre pretty cool, if you havent i can copy em over from Preacher's, lemme know.  

PS I gots the triforce first you monkeys.

Link%20&%20Triforce.gifLink%20&%20Triforce.gifLink%20&%20Triforce.gif

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, its very specific & heavily religous/mythological overtones but Im sure somethin can be done with it, ill get him to post here next time i see 'im for a more 16-bit character...sounds like a good villian right now tho!

Were I to be a hero, I'd be the King of Snake, first-born angel, scapegoat for original sin, origin to the legends of Quetzalcoatl, Pegasus, Chaos, dragon mythos, the Vampyre and many more, who quite possibly may be the God of Destruction juxtaposed to God himself, who would be the God of Creation.

6'4" tall normally, about 6'9" with his feet the right way (see later), reptilian of skin and eye, human of shape bar velociraptor-type feet, and with a 12' jet-black wingspan, carrying a 4' long straight oriental sword hilted on his back between his wings. The wings and feet don't really allow for a costume so the nearest thing would be trews like Jin Kazama's (who was KoS-inspired) in Tekken with the flames and all. As for a secret identity, he can alter the perception of weak-minded beings (i.e. humans) so he can appear as normal as he wants.

He would protect humanity from first a vain, bloodthirsty God, who toyed with humans for his own amusement, and then the angels (inspirations for the Greek, Norse, Aztec, etc Pantheons) lead by the 4 Horsemen who killed God and who are trying to steer humanity to an even more sinister end.

PS Dinghy says her boat should have (or imply havin) "Killer Instincs" on the side of it; ill explain later.

PPS Nick is cool, but could i just be Irish Cowboy or would that fit? Shame icant have a graphic to imply a shotgun shot or somethin, looks like im cuttin for now....i know i asked for no magic but maybe i could have a special attack of some kind?

Correction:

Maximum map size: 250% of the World map's current size. But who's to say that we can't have more than one World map...   :sly:

Also we could just make it so that when you walked off the edge of one world map, you get moved onto the next world map. Sorta like this:

1 | 2

-    -

3 | 4

Bottom edge of 1 goes to 3, right edge of 1 goes to 2, etc. Therefore, nothing's really changed so we can still literally make an INFINITELY LARGE map!!!  :approve:

Okay, I just made a decision...

IC, since you're the first to find the first piece of the Triforce, I'll put somethin special in for your character.

Each Beta test (2 more at least) is gonna have a contest. Be the first to find the next piece of Triforce (or some other hidden item) and in the following consecutive releases, your char gets something special.

So, congrats, Nick! Well done!  :approve:

Right now I'm re-working the second dungeon, making it more like the first (walls, level keys, doors, treasure chests, etc.) if anyone's got ides for it, now's the time to put them in, because once it's finished, I wanna just move on with things unless I really have to come back...

Well I've considered this and decided that it would still be pretty cool if I came in at a pivotal point in the game , big rescue and all. I would be their saviour with some personality I'm hoping. In the way of powers, all I was thinking was some cool ability to maybe control the waterways and, this is pushing it but also controlling the rain would be nice. :D

No, actually, he's the best mage in the game; some helpful spells to attack all enemies at once, has very lil dialogue so far, high MP & such, its just you vs Link is all...ya understand. ; )  

I shall spoil this game no more! You people must play it soon!

:link: vs :monkey:

I understand. You don't what just an unfair fight. Link deserves a weaker character to go up against to keep it interesting. I pity all those who have to go against me, for they have not a chance...AHHH, oh no! My head! It's about to exploded. Must save myself! You're worthless you stupid scumbag! Ahhh...that's better!

Instructions on how to swap characters:

1) Use the Call function under Special.

2) The first set of numbers is the character you'll be removing from the party.

3) The second set of numbers is the character you'll be adding back into the party.

Numbers:

001 = Link

002 = Irish Cowboy

003 = JMT

004 = Benny

006 = King Yahven

Also any number used past 008 might boot ya from the game...

In case you were wondering...

005 = Andrea's char.

007 + 008 = Random chars included.

Enjoy!

:ssj:

Anything can be changed at any point in time, however...

1) Anything that invloves changing another character must meet the character owner's approval. IE changing King Yahven's character would require Yahve's approval.

2) I think King Yahve is good the way he is set up now. Yeah, he is kinda "mayor of Townsville-ish".

How about a subtitle on that? Like "Drunken Fatasy I: The Search for Yahven's Gold". Obviously, I don't know the storyline, so I don't know if Yahven has gold or if anyone's looking for it. A better one would be "Drunken Fantasy I: The Legend Continues". Or "Drunken Fantasy I: Back by Popular Request!" Something like that, ala History of the World Part 1 and Loaded Weapon 1.

I thought subtitles & #'s were for sequels...? I dont wanna see "Drunken Fantasy: A New Hope", tho Yahven'd recommend "Drunken Fantasy 1.1" or somethin. I think the final name comes down to Benny's decision, but i guess id go with the standard "Drunken Fantasy: Alpha" or somethin.

I thought subtitles & #'s were for sequels...?

That's the joke, IC. Even with movies like Spider-Man and Daredevil were they might as well put the "1" there cause at least one sequel is a given, they don't. They only time you see a "1" or "part 1" is when it's a joke, and this game, thought it's sound pretty cool and Benny's putting in hard work and long hours, is pretty much a joke. That's why "Part 1, the legend continues" is so funny. That's just one man's opinion (and Mel Brooks' and the people and National Lampoons...), we'll see what Benny thinks.

Benny's hard work is a joke.

A joke? A joke!?  You sir should be bitchslapped! It's riveting!  Just you wait till you hear the pleas of the piano woman, the desperate drunken cry of King Yahven, the amazing tutorial, the constant DBZ references, the...its not even a game! It's an experience! A way of life! Oh, but to mr funnyman, its all a joke!

You see? This is why you get traded for Link! :link:

PS those of you who wanna be in the game, it'd be really helpful if you supplied us some kinda visual - ie, if you wanted to be some Zelda-type adventurer, find a good pic of Link to be your in-game avatar or somethin.  That'd be helpful - try Google.com

PS Now at level 15

PPS Link%20&%20Triforce.gif

this game, thought it's sound pretty cool and Benny's putting in hard work and long hours, is pretty much a joke.

:D Bad monkey! That's okay, I'm creator of the game where your precious little character resides. I'll fix your wagon! :D