Hondo's Bar

Drunken Video Games

Benz

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.0 added FIU levels, even the new president's house. Im told more board members made cameos, andn an improved party member switching program got in too. Again, its not quite finished, but the source code's supposed to make it pretty easy to work with.

Remind me when youre back here, ill show ya 1.0 (its on my drive, but installed files to windows so i dont think we can copy it).

Feel free to PM bomb Yahven all ya like, maybe he'll pay attention to you.

Good work people, he responded, hold back the molotov cocktails. I doubt he'll post here but i got a reply anyway; seems his CD dont work either (argh Benny why such cheap discs?), im waitin to hear back bout he source code to 2.0 but it dont seem like he has it, and since im told Benny got rid of his PC this semester im not quite sure where this goes.

However...our resident TopDawg540, as he said before, is eager to do somethin along these lines. Didnt get a chance to show 'im 1.0 (maybe tomorrow) but he says he's up for lookin into other design programs and creating another RPG from sractch. He's both persistant and good with these things, so im thinking its a fair idea; ill see what he has to say on it tomorrow on this thread.

Drunken RPG has been taken on anew. I am putting myself in charge of either getting the source code and Completing Version 2.0 for general release or Finding my own Editor and starting fresh with my own code.

I've got Lots of Ideas. Good things are a comin.

Look for a new thread Shortly.

There's nothing wrong with cheap CDs, if everyone's haven't problems it's obviously the source code.

Yes and no...remember, the CD's worked long enough for me to install it to my drive, and havent worked since. I dont know if Eeyore's worked at all, but Yahven & KOS say theirs are flukes too. Could be either problem.

TD - Glad to have ya at the helm.

***Official Topic Shift****

Drunken Rampage: - Duck and Cover.

You are one of the FIU... The Proud... The Drunken Deities. After an all night drinking binge and hardcore Smash bro's ass handing, you awaken to an eerie red light filtering in through the blinds. Everyone seems to be gone and the doors wide open. There's sirens in the distance and you can make out choppers in the distance. The rooms a slight mess, Someone must have cleaned up before they ran. You grab your trusty Katana and down a shot of whiskey to dull your hangover and head for the door. Something ain't right and seems like your the only one around to fix it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok Time to get input. This will be a 1st person shooter. Hero(you) is currently set to Nick(IC) and you will start off with a Katana in his Dorm Room. I plan on Including Panther Hall, GC, some parking lots the Circular style road that surrounds FIU and possibly extend out into tamiami park.

Let me know what kinda things you want to see, (I.e. weapons, beer as health, random cameos, map ideas, ect...) I'll try to include as much as i can and keep the story on track so that everything makes sense... Kinda.

And dont forget to vote the Drunken rampage poll. I want EVERYONE'S input.

Oh, IC! Can you do me a favor and change the heading of this Thread to:

Drunken Games

If I make it? Will you come?

Thankya

Consider it done.

Sounds cool - still allows for cool weapons, cameos and such, i guess? Can other board members show up as anyhin but enemies? Lemme know what design program/map editor you have in mind. The ability to select your character/route would be badass for different dorms and such.

Doom has some limited Skin ability, in a Multi Player mode i can probably get several "characters" so to speak. In a quake 1 or 2 setting it would be relatively easy to choose your character.

I think i might have an idea or two to get maybe an automated Co-Op cameo. (i.e. run into a room where yavhen is fighting off an band of piggies. You help him kill them and he hits a hidden switch revealing a weapon. but if you let him die you miss that secret.)

Havent decided on the software i'm using yet but I'll take a look today when i get home. So far all i'me planning out is the Panther hall portion. not sure where its going from there yet.

Ok, I did some checking, RTPe.exe is a file that's needed to play any games, I'm downloading it now. Apparently:

"You MUST download this rather large file or else you won't be able to make RPGs or play any of mine that you can download from this site. It basically contains all of the sound effects, music, character animations, tilesets, etc."

GM-O, you can download it, and the RPG maker from http://rpgpalace.gamersuplink.com/rm2k/download.htm (I hope, I'm downloading the RTP from another link I found), that's if you want to use the same RPG maker. The RTP is 11.4MB but the other files you need are a lot smaller, the rest come to less than 6MB in total and you may not need them all.

PS: If it works I'll burn MLB a copy too.

I tell you what. If I wasn't so booked with work right now, I'd love to lend a hand in making that DD:FPS game with you. We could have alot of fun with that! We could have a level where the player has to help IC clear HONDO's of a mob of trolls... we could bring all the great ones back, Madman, Hitler, Mega Man X, God, Zeus, all of them.