Hondo's Bar

Drunken Video Games

Benz

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

ok FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WISH TO GET A COPY OF THE DD GAME...

I am going home next weekend to Miami so I am going to send the game to one of you fuckers but I need an Address. Let me know who to send it to. I will make copies for those of you that want one but I am going to send it to one person and that person has to distribute the CD's

( I am only making my life easier)

:D

so let me know guys...

• 3 months later...

Eh...dont feel bad, it was in general, then stonehenge, then lost in here for a long long time.

The Drunken RPG Benny did was really cool, not horribly long but cool and you could see all the directinos it could take - it featured Link, Benny, me, JMT, and others...

When he had more time, Benny hooked it up & burned some CD's of it; first batch didnt work, but he gave me a 2nd batch of 3, right? I took one, SuperEeyore took one, Yahven took one...i figured one of us could burn more & send em to KOS and such.

My copy...let me install it to my drive and never properly worked again (i have no idea what CD's benny bought), the others, i cant speak for.

Id love to burn my copy off my drive and distrubte it buti think it tossed files into windows, not sure...

Anyway, the project has evolved from a King's Quest RPG to a more Final Fantasy-esque one, TopDawg wants to do a FPS, Chief was talking about a fighting game with that other program...

I still say these projects are some of the coolest things to come from the board, hopin to hear more on them later.

Yeah I'm still up for either an FPS or RPG or both. Just havent had the time to get anything decent going as far as a mod and don't have any base code to start from scratch either. Eventually when I have more time to commit I'll try to get something going even if its a real basic Drunken pac man where yahven eats code and runs from the vengeful chief in 4 different forms or something.

B)

Seriously: if Benny or anyone else makes another one, id like to include senate members as well as our frequenters of Bob, Heartless, Tulip, all of our deities that can be squeezed in. Not everyone need be a party member, but yeah, shopkeeps & such are cool. Hell even being an enemy boss would be fun.

So lets take suggestions of said project, however far off it may be: what role would you like to play in our RPG? Bear in mind, were talkin SNES final fantasy graphics...youre a tiny set of sprites, with a more detailed face appearing by your text as you talk, thats it. Its more of your position - what you say & do - that will come to light.

• 1 month later...

Okay, update...

This summer, I'll have some free time, so I'll work more on the Drunken RPG, until it's finished to satisfaction, or the summer ends. I'll also work on a drunken fighting game, and first person shooter. I'm also getting myself another computer, so when there's free time, I'll work on it during school too, but it will be slow going during then. Start posting your ideas, and characters for newbies. Changes too if you're already in it. I'll see if I still have the source for the last one...

Again, sounds really good man, ill try to extract the working version from my drive if not - at the least, ill have most of the files to the game where i can burn em, should make it easier on you.

Oh, and next time, we can either use midi's or looping wav's...was cool having "Cowboy" play on my intro but shouldnt take so long & so much room..your call tho. I just wanna see more of it, it was really good work!

• 3 weeks later...

Good news, I luckily was able to download a copy of the RPG Maker 2000 (The program I use to make the RPG). Apparently a new company owns it or something and it's being taken off all websites. Anyways, I have a copy. Now should I start from scratch or add on to the old one?