Hondo's Bar

Drunken Video Games

Benz

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've given it some more thought and wanted your opinions... What do you guys think of:

Drunken Deities: Omega

Omega is the last letter of the Greek alphabet, and would also be the final version of the game. Also different versions of software have alpha versions before beta versions, them gama versions... Etc.

Anyways, just let me know what you all think...

Sounds cool, but i want expansion quests down the road when we can get em together...this 1-2 hour quest here left me wantin! Omega sounds so...final.  Then again, weve had almost 11 "final" fantasies so i guess i cant object. :dcecil:

Fear not! I'm workin on making an expansion for yas. Almost through with the 2nd dungeon (really!). After that, I'm working on the 2nd town, and then moving on th the 3rd town/dungeon...

Hmm.. perhaps a poll would be good to decide the title.  :D

YEAH YEAH OMEGA IS COOL I like OMEGA...well for more than one reason it means eternal in greek so we can keep making the games and its a letter in from my organization....  :D yay  ok so last night I went over to nicks place and picked up the game...I LIKEY~!!! but I do have a few suggestions... Battles: I would like to see the characters in action like make them jump, and have the sword in their hand and attack or something like that it reminds me of Lufia the battle modes. If that is what your going for then it looks good (if you need help I don't mind) I really like the the sound and the background music for nick I craked up when I heard that.. also if you need help with the script let me Know I have a bunch of Ideas.. oohh I want to know if we can have Finfantasybaseballplayer to be a villan have him chasing a baseball player or something like that, and his attacks would be baseball bats flying at you or baseballs being thrown at you something like that... that would be really cool. There were other things but I can't remember cause I am fighting with uhaul people aaaaaaaarrrrrggg bbl

Oh, and um.. everyone that's beta testing right now... Once you finish (Unless you're really bent on beating them witches), ya might not wanna keep leveling up. For some reason, when I run test (now maybe its diffrent since you guys are playing from just the game and not from the creation program) I have to start over for the updates to take effect sometimes. Just thought I'd warn yas before ya got to level 50 (which is the max that the game creator will allow... 'cept there's a way around that one.. he he he)

Anyways, I've also gone back and edited the monsters... made 'em 10 - 25% harder, made 'em pop up less often (tho it is random, but still less chance of them going at you one right after the other...) and also added some stuff, also taken away some stuff, or atleast made it harder to get to/ achieve. I'm making my final adjustments now to the second dungeon, then it's on to the town, then time for town and dungeon #3!!!

PS... One of the towns might just turn out to be FIU... :D

Finally!!! Okay, I just finished the 2nd dungeon. I added a lot of stuff to it (well, compared to what was there anyways). Now... Onto the town. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! I don't wanna just copy and paste the first town. I want every town to be original.

Also.. he he, you're right about saving your game before um, the skull and crossbones. Forgot that was in there..  :blush:

Good Job Benny... ok So I wanted to tell you that I am having a little trouble reading the game as I go playing I can't tell the difference between the F's and the T's and some of the letters come out all retarted and I have to figure out what the HELL it says but I still like the game... ok so Nick and I were talking last night and I want to know something Benny am I and Alita going to finally be sisters in the game or not cause if we are then I need to be a human cause eeyore is a Donkey or I can have the hole Ranma 1/2 thing going for me I am a human one moment and then I become eeyore the next. eeehh who knows that we can figure out later.. OOHH benny I don't think you turned on in the first town one of the stores I believe it was the one with the mirror looking thing on top..well just to let you know... well I am off to play the game.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HELPPPPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I AM LOSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT!!!!! Jesus It had to be me... I need to get to the ice cave thing magiger... HELP ME!!!

BTW...HOW DO YOU GET OFF THE BOAT!!!!

P.s. Thanks Benny if you need help let me know..

Okay, Town #2 is basically done. (Only 2 houses incomplete. If anyone has ideas, feel free...)

On to town #3, and dungeon #3. JMT, Junker, this will be your guys' town. Should I make it FIU, or do you guys have other ideas?

:D

Sounds good so far...any chance of some preacher mentionin in my town, maybe even as a rankin for my guy?  

Also, more cameos are cool.  Lets have Sonic & Mario arguin in a bar or other easy ones for ya, but after we get more members involved.  Are Dinghy, Eeyore & them lookin to make the cut for DRPG 2.0?

Dinghy - Not sure as of yet. If not in this one, then the next one at latest.

Eeyore and Alita - Will be in town #4 That's the one next to the ice caves.

First I gotta make town and Dungeon #3, JMT and Junker will be here.

Also, M'lady will be in town #2, and should be joining the party.... soon!

I also gotta come up with a better system for switching the party around...  :D

Ok, some thoughts for that:

In this old genesis RPG/strategy game, youd have this massive party of around 30 people, maybe half of which could actually go with you.  The rest would wait in your headquarters, which was assumed to be an abandoned warehouse, tavern etc conveniently found in each town - itd be set up as ya came in, there'd be your party logo on the door to distinguish it from inns, shops etc.  

Dont know how many playable characters ya had in mind but it sounds like a few of em, so its a thought.  Other RPG's have featured ideas similar to your "Call" spell, involvin flutes & such, or even ideas such as teleportation, cheezy party member delivery services, etc.  

Dont forget, amongst s'more of us, i'm a huge fan of old school RPG's and have tons of ideas from em, ask away if there's a system you wanna improve on.

PS BigChiefSlapaho, get your ass in this thread & into the game, dammit.