Hondo's Bar

Drunken Video Games

Benz

Dunno how I can fit my guy into the story. It depends on what direction you're going to take with the game but I'd like him maybe to be an NPC (the character description makes him a bit much to be a playable character) that features in the second half of the game. I'll pm you ideas so as to not spoil it if it goes that way...

Hope I can still get in at this late stage. ???

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duck enemies are a great idea! Another is Freshman Orientation tours blockign your way as obstacles, as demonstrated in my ASCII model below:

ASCII.jpg

U=You

F=Freshman

G=Peer Advisor (Tour Guide)

They would be an obstacle and you would have to do something to make them go else where.

And in one mission, you would have to get something done at one of the FIU bureaucracys, and you would get caught in a literal web or red tape. Any other idea you fellow FIUers.

Editor's note: 1) This forum dont like .bmp files, theyre hard to load for modem folk. 2) Geocities sucks, host your stuff at the forum FTP. This has been a public service, blah blah blah.

Well, so far so good. I made the outside of PC, DM, the Library, His royal hiney's mansion, the traffic circle, and the main entrance to FIU. I plan to include also, ECS, GC, and the dorms. Let me know what you guys think.

Great job Benny..!!! ok...get ready for this one P-chan says that she wants to be in the game except that she wants to be like a wandering mog where outta nowhere she pops up looks at you and asks wanna save.. like in the weirdest moments where you wouldn't expect anyone. or a save point.. she says she wants to be the annoying pig that runs around and squeeks.. whatever that is what she said...  :D  :fuming:

ooohh do you need a pic of eeyore and my character for the game you know I am just asking out of curiosity...  :fuming:

like I said before let me know when you need help I can be very useful...

Eeyore - Sounds cool. I really could use a pic/ pics of Eeyore. Need waliking animations. Now if only a certain Big Chief would start posting here, cause he's the graphics department.  :hmph:

PS. ECS is almost completely done!  :D

Oh yeah! I just finished a crucial part of the game! Okay, you guys with betas have the old Call system, which is used with numbers, and that can get complicated. I've made a new and improved "Call" system!

Here's how it works:

You get a special item (don't wanna give too much away), that transports you to a "selection room". In the selection room, you can see all the characters you currently have. The ones in your party are at the bottom of the room, and the ones that are "in waiting" are at the top. To switch them around simply walk up to them and press a key. Well, more on this in the tutorial...

:approve:

ECS is finished! Here's what I've got in mind for FIU:

Except for 2 or 3 buildings, the rest of FIU will be mini-dungeons. Each one conatining a piece of the puzzle. Each mini-dungeon at the end will have a power up for a character, and they all have to be completed in order to enter the main dungeon....

Madique's Mansion!

:D

Let me know what you all think!

I think the FIU idea's badass, Benny. That oughta be fun.

Yahven once had a Quake mission in mind, around the GC.  One of his many unifinished projects...we thought a Panther Hell mission'd be cool too, with a rail gun under the front desk.  

Anyway, us PSA's got full access to anythin on campus so if ya need schematics, lemme know, be glad to help.

YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY FOR ME!!!! I finished it... yeah I know it took me a while but that last part was a doozey... hehehe thanks for the tips Benny...I can't wait for beta 2 to come out.. hehehe if there is going to be a beta 2..  :D  :D  :D and the idea that JMT has is great I love the hole hey here have some food take some party favors all of a sudden there's a fight..

p.s.

Benny where do you want me to send the pics to ?? or do you want me to just post them??

well the character that I want to be is Kasumi cause my OBO nick name is Mommy dearest and I know that they have a nintendo game and I know that Kasumi is in it...much thanks to Mau (aka Mulan) for the idea..but the issue is is that all I can find are pictures of Japaneese people named Kasumi or a City in Japan called Kasumi..sooo I will keep looking.. on the other hand I have several eeyore's you can use I even got one for when he talks...

:D  :D

eeyore.gifEeyore%202.jpgEeyore%201.gif

Editor's note: Please use our FTP for images, as many links go dead - other servers dont appreciate us usin their bandwith.

1 copy over here; we can install it at my place, Junker's, Dinghy's & Yahven.  On a side note, Junker couldnt get the disc to load last time on his system, and it didnt always work on mine, so if ya need different blanks, lemme know ill pitch in or somethin.  Also, Eeyore will prolly copy from mine too - figured it easier on you to just pass around 1 copy here and fully install it, its usually only 100 megs or so.  Lemme know who else should get it, like Spiffy maybe.

Yeah, Spiffy's gotta get a copy, cause he's in it this time.

Side note: I couldn't do everyone's graphics. If the graphics you wanted weren't already in the game-maker's database, then I've given you some temporary graphics for your character until the graphics get done...   :D

I dont have it yet either, but when i do, ill pass it on. Also, Benny make an extra if ya can, i gotta mail stuff off overseas in the next few weeks anyway, ill send one your way, KOS. Benny, let us know bout the images & if KOS makes the cut...id really like to see some Preacher/UK folk: him, SOF, MLB, DA JUDGE, Varley & such, even if just as cameos in the bar. Ill try to get em to post here too.

There's been no word on this for a couple of weeks so I thought I'd check again. My new found unemployment has led to me figuring out how to burn CDs easily, mostly mp3s (cos I have an mp3 CD walkman, over 20 albums on one disc! :D ).

You see months ago I promised to burn some mp3s for MLB (his absence let me off the hook) and I just got to thinking if I was sent a copy of the game I could put that on a CD for him too, give SoF, Judge, etc copies too.

What do you reckon?