Hondo's Bar

Concert/Band Information

JunkerSeed

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to get tickets for Love with Arthur Lee in Glasgow a month ago, but it was sold out! But then it's announced last week he's doing a 2nd show in my native Edinburgh, a mere 20 minutes walk from where i stay, and i got tickets for it yesterday!!! Woohoo!

"This is the type of life that i am living, and i'll face each day with a smile"

:D

I like Love. I wouldn't say I love Love, but I think I might love Like. I have a strange attraction to Admiration and I respect Infatuation, thought I have mixed feelings about Crush. It's all so confusing  ??? Seriously though, 'Alone Again Or' is a sweet song. I wish I know more of their songs than I do. I only know about three of their songs.

Scored a ticket to the first evening of Witnness, The Prodigy, Foo Fighters, Chemical Brothers, Green Day, Air, Ian Brown, Sonic Youth, Mercury Rev, Bluetones, Beta Band, Electric Soft Parade, The Coral, Cornelius, some line-up huh?!

SoF is going to the Sunday too, Oasis, Basement Jaxx, Gomez, No Doubt, Starsailor, Badly Drawn Boy, Groove Armada, Morcheeba, A, Less than Jake, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Tricky, Lemon Jelly, The Devlins....a few acts I'd like to see but not enough for the expense.

And I'm going to see Rocket From The Crypt tomorrow night in Dublin, been listening to some of their stuff my brother got, they kick ass!!

Didn't think of the A & J reference. You mean the Vinyl Police?

They were too funny. God I hope they come out with a new series, since Black Books finished, channel 4 could do with some perking up on Friday nights. Perfect for watching on tape when you get back from the pub.  :D

Don't know when/if the A & J Show is back, E4 on digital has repeats of Shock Video, been using that like a nicotine patch so far.

Black Books finished? The series or was it cancelled? Saw a few of em, Dylan Moran's from the same two-sheep town as me and Bill Bailey as usual is godlike (mostly cos of the beard). Thinking of which, though you can't deny them a break, I'm dying for series 3 of Spaced, it's gonna be a while though.

Spaced 3 is gonna be the dogs bollocks. Black Books finished its 2nd series, don't know whether its coming back for a third.

Also, there's some show called 'Alan Partridge Story' starting next Monday. Not sure whether its a new series or what but look out for details.

A&J are like Gods, they are like heroes to me.  :D

"To help you find your vehicles most of the cars have been colour-coded. For example, this ones red. Back to you Lindsay..."

"People Place. A place with people.....in iot."

• 4 weeks later...

My sister went to HFStival last weekend in Washington DC/ It's a big music festival. this years line-up was: Papa Roach, Our Lady Peace, X-Ecutioners, Good Charlotte, POD, Hoobastank, Trik Turner, Unwritten Law, Sum 41, Dashboard Confessional on the day she went ot see it. Not a bad line-up. She said it rocked. I'm not jealous, though. I went last year and she couldn't, the line-up was better last year, with: Fatboy Slim, Live, Green Day, Incubus, Tenacious D, 3 Doors Down, The Cult, Fuel, Lifehouse, Sevendust, Coldplay, SR-71, and New Found Glory. And that was just the mainstage.

Damn, we've got a billion fucking concerts coming up now in miami all of a sudden.  Tom petty is coming to mars amphitheatre, Oasis is coming to pompano beach, Kmfdm and the Julianna Theory are coming to the culture room on seperate dates, The Get up kids and Danzig are going to Boyton beach on seperate dates.... and ozzfest is coming.... thats fucking insane!  This is all in a fairly small amount of time, so after this film festival business, I know where my money is going...

Well I've got my ticket for Reading Festival. I've done Glastonbury for the last few years (except last year obviously) so thought I'd try something different this year.

Some great bands. Think I'm most looking forward to Weezer, The Vines, Aphex Twin, Foo Fighters, The Hives, Less Than Jake, Rival Schools, Goldfinger, Prodigy, NOFX, Hundred Reasons, And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, and many many more.

Woohoo :D

"Sheena is, Sheena is a punk rocker...."