Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

The NZA

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed this post. Why would you seriously want all those characters? For the most part power-types are similar(Iceman, Storm, Sunfire/ Juggernaut, Colossus, etc) & it simply comes down to personal preference. What I'm saying is maybe upgrades, maybe purchase, but the disk space being used to put a different skin on Bishop to create Deadpool not only betrays a lack of innovation & is inherently a slight on our intelligence, but that's maybe a little more map or a few more morlocks we can brutally murder.

And NFL SuperPro?! That's gonna be tops!

I got MUA earlier. I'm not that far in but I'm diggin' it. Sucks that we get a white Fury though. I wanted the Ultimate-ized Sam Jackson one.

If you like X-Men Legends you'll like this.

It also sounds like Mark Hamil is doing the Wolvie voice again (I could be wrong, either way it's pretty cool). There's a cast-list in the instructions but I don't want to ruin any of the surprise characters so I don't wanna look at it (I saw

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
on it when trying to skim :2T: . Let's hope that
! version)

Lego Star Wars II: It cuts like a knife....you're out of my life...

Also on the back of the instruction manual there's an ad for "Ultimate Weapon" (?) with Wolvie shredding his way through the picture. Anyone have any idea what the fuck that is...Nicholas....Nicholas.....?

Also on the back of the instruction manual there's an ad for "Ultimate Weapon" (?) with Wolvie shredding his way through the picture. Anyone have any idea what the fuck that is...Nicholas....Nicholas.....?

Sure it's an ad for something? The "Ultimate..." was the tagline for one of MUA's ad campaigns. They'd show a character and then have "Ultimate...whatever". Like Spidey was "Ultimate Agility", Wolvy was "Ultimate Weapon", Cap was "Ultimate Soldier" etc...

goddammit! I got Bully and Phantasy Star Universe this week from Gamefly, despite this game being in my # 1 spot.

Shit. well, at least ill have somethin to play over the holidays. :???:

Be sure to let us know what you think of the games after you've played 'em a bit.

(HforH) Cage, (Ashtonishing) Wolvie, (Ultimate) Thor and (Classic) Cap are my dream team.

God bless 'em.

(Symbiote) Spidey gets some love too along with Dr. Strange, just for the cool factor, but my main stable are them whores above. What's up with DD though? Do you have to find the 4 action figures to get him? If so I'm pissed. I'd rather him than Elektra or Ms. Marvel. Stupid Ms. Marvel.

Yeah you gotta get all the action figures to unlock DD or Black Panther. ...or you can just look up the cheat code for it, like I did.

I'm probably a bit more than halfway through now (I just got told I gotta go kick Galactus's butt) and it's a blast. I never thought I'd enjoy playing Captain America so much, but his shield kicks so much ass. The only real complaint that I have so far is that they didn't let DD's billy club work the same way as that shield. Maybe in the sequel.

Well I bought the game yesterday, and I finally made it to Dr. Doom tonight, but then the tv was taken over by the rents so maybe I'll get to finish it tomorrow.

Deadpool friggen ROCKS in this game! Made it through the first couple of levels and it's been pretty sweet so far. Online coop FTW. So far all the characters seem fairly distinct from one another. I have yet to try most of them. I want to use some of the codes to try out DD and Silver Surfer, but I hear I may not be able to gain achievements if I do. Damnit.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

This. Game. Poot. I just shat myself tring to find the words. It's everything I wished for when I finished Xmen Legends & then some. Cap's my leader obviously, I've gone through most of my current roster(no unlockables yet) & have settled on Iron Man(suprisingly quick & wicked powerful), Deadpool(it's good to have an offensive teleporter) & from there it's between Spiderwoman & Thor. More than anything else I'm loving the fact that they've dona away with those insipid Dangerroom missions & replaced them with AWESOME side missions involving Cap & others.

So Arch, you're on live now too?

My usual team is Cap (I really do just love that shield...in levels with tight corridors, like Mandarin's Palace, it's almost like having a fifth character), Iron Man, Spider-man and then either a level specific character (Thor for Asgard, Dr. Strange for Mephisto's Realm) or Wolvy. Some characters I like to put in just for the fun of it (DD, Deadpool) and others, I've honestly never used (Luke Cage, most of the Fantastic Four).

Now that I've unlocked stuff, I do get a kick out of teaming up Ultimate versions of Cap, Iron Man, Thor and Nick Fury, though.

I beat the game on Friday. Man, some of those endings are brutal.

:D You guys have Moon Knight? I've got all the characters unlocked and I don't have Moon Knight...

No, I'm not on Live.

Wait, I just looked it up... Moon Knight's one of the extra characters for the next gen versions of the game. Damn. I've just got the regular XBox version. Apparently next gen versions of the game also include Colossus and Moon Knight. The PSP version has Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, and Ronin. Damn. Ronin woulda been cool

Archived