Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

The NZA

Announce_screen_current_gen_t.jpg

Announce_screen_next-gen_t.jpg

Announce_screen_psp.jpg

ACTIVISION SHOWS MARVEL: ULTIMATE ALLIANCE SCREENS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over 140 Marvel characters come together in Activision, Inc’s. (Nasdaq: ATVI) Marvel™: Ultimate Alliance, an all-new action/RPG that features the largest roster of comic book characters ever seen in a video game. Players assume the roles of more than 20 Marvel Super Heroes including Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade and Captain America, and through their actions determine the fate of both planet Earth and the Marvel universe – revealed in one of multiple epilogues.

“Marvel: Ultimate Alliance delivers a new twist on action/RPGs where players’ actions and choices ultimately determine what happens to the Marvel universe,” states Will Kassoy, Vice President of Global Brand Management for Activision. “This coupled with the game’s enormous character roster will deliver an action-packed experience that comic book fans have been waiting for.”

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance features a deep, rich gameplay experience by offering total team customization, where players create their own team name, icon and vehicle, as well as establish their team reputation as they play throughout the story. Gamers also have the option to level up each character individually to their liking, or all team members at the same time to keep their heroes balanced. With the game’s new combat system, players battle against the world’s most notorious Marvel Super Villains in the air, underwater, and on the ground, using grappling, blocking and dodging moves, by charging up their Super Hero powers before unleashing them, and using environmental objects as one and two-handed weapons.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance features a unique storyline where the missions players accept, the objectives they complete, and their interactions with other characters throughout the game directly impact how the story plays out. The game also features a robust multiplayer component where fans can band together with friends as their favorite Marvel Super Heroes, and fight evil in both on and offline cooperative story modes. There’s also a Competitive Mode where the game tracks various in-game stats so players can see how well they stack up against one another – affecting the amount of experience points earned and how equipment is distributed.

Created by Raven Software and C.B. Cebulski, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance will be the first Super Hero game out for all next-gen gaming systems, and will also be available on current-gen, handheld and PC platforms. The game is currently rated RP (Rating Pending) by the ESRB and is planned to ship this fall.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sho nuff. Baytor knows the score.

Few things to note here:

1) Anyone who's played X-Men Legends series knows "140 characters" doesnt mean theyre all playable, it means a shit-ton of cameos. Im with SN on wanting DD, Punisher and some other heavy hitters as playables (Ghost Rider's been confirmed!), but im not holdin my breath on Moon Knight.

2) Its said to be a different engine than XML, though it does look similar.

3) Anyone else see Doom in shot # 2...? :yup:

The Punisher and Ghost Rider as playable characters? And I thought Deadpool in X-Men legends 2 was as awesome as it could get! I don't know if I can wait for this one... excitement rising to a new level... Spider-Man, Punisher, Ghost Rider... it would be awesome if just for kicks they threw in Devil Dinosaur and Moon Boy, even as a cameo.

Ghost Rider's confirmed, no official word on Punisher - i really hope so though, cause i can see them making him a cameo if not and that'd be a shame.

Im hopin for Deadpool again too, but some folks (unofficial) are estimating upwards of 20 playable characters, so you gotta figure on seeing the most popular there.

Since were just speculating at this point, who would ya'll like to see? Id be happy with DD, Punisher, black variant costume Spidey, mebbe Ultimates or Golden Age variant Cap, Doom, and cameos from Luke Cage, Sentry, and Doop, if not playables.

Ghost Rider?! Tell me you're not joking. SWEEEEET! Now we just need to confirm Hulk and my favorite dream team can be formed (Spider-Man, Wolverine, Hulk, and Ghost Rider the New Fantastic Four) XD

fuckin speedball doomed us all...

Still holdin out for DD and Punisher. And details.

ps if that New FF team makes it here, id bet on alternate costumes too, cause this series is really good about that (based on XML).

Yeah, Punisher wouldn't work too well seeing as he probably wouldn't have any guns, so that limits him to hand-to-hand combat and knives more or less. Also I would like Wolverine to slowly regain health over time so that his mutant powers acutually come to play.

Hulk is probably a given, as are Spidey, Wolverine, the entire Fantastic Four, Captain America, Thor, and Iron-Man.

I'd love to see Daredevil, Punisher, Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange, Blade, Black Widow, Cable, Deadpool, Elektra, Nick Fury, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Sentry, Man-Thing (Yeah right, but I can dream), Shatterstar (Once again, I can dream), Venom, Juggernaut, Thanos (Infinity Gauntlet anyone?), Galactus, Bullseye, Dormammu, Black Tom Cassidy, and Taskmaster.

It's a shame Marvel doesn't have the rights to Transformers and GI Joe anymore. Cause who wouldn't want Grimlock and Snakeyes with Ghost Rider and The Punisher.

I noticed the game's title and then looked closely at Cap's costume again...those big red gloves, the large brown utility belt, the stars on the shoulders...are we positive this is a standard Marvel U game?

By the way, anybody else hear about this? DC's got their own multi-character action RPG coming out.

again, were talkin 100+ characters, its safe to say were within the regular Marvel U. if you see Ultimate costumes, that's cause variant costumes are part of the fun of this series (again, at least with XML).

1) Ultimate Spidey'd beat your arse sideways talkin' Jew alla way.

2) Punisher's tired, Bishop or Old School Cable've big guns covered & at least have extra abilties.

3) I swear to god heads're gonna roll if this a. doesn't get past post-production(like the 100 bullets game) or b. doesn't make it into Oz.

Fucking brilliant...

Yeah, DD game got canned too, sad shit.

Ultimate Puniser in marvel team-up book was cool, he was the sin city version i thought. anyway, frank'd work, but DD's a must.

no more pics yet? really? ...SB?

Haven't found anymore yet, but it's E3 so there's a good chance more will be coming out in the next few days.

I'm still pissed the DD game got canned. They were already advertising it in the comics and everything before they pulled the plug.

official site is up

http://www.marvelultimatealliance.com/

Confirmed heroes are: Spider-Man, Wolverine, The Thing, Captain America, Thor, Ghost Rider (It's not the Dan Ketch one but I'll live), Dr. Strange, Blade, Elektra (so Daredevil is inevitable), and Silver Surfer.

Doom is the only confirmed villian (though screenshots showed Galactus too)

:D god bless you, baytor. And yeah, ill keep an eye on E3, bound to be more...

ps SB - that was such shit, after the ads and all...like a free-roaming, GTA enginge DD game woudlnt be fucking awesome. Dammit.

site says:

Marvel™: Ultimate Alliance is coming out of the gates stronger than ever! With a whopping 14 characters revealed at E3, Marvel™: Ultimate Alliance launches with a clear demonstration of the game’s largest alliance of Super Hero characters EVER. 9 out of the 20 plus playable characters in the game have been revealed: fan favorites Spider-Man, Wolverine, Captain America, Thor, Blade, Elektra, The Thing, Ghost Rider and Dr. Strange. A few of the villains that will be wreaking havoc are the infamous Dr. Doom, Galactus and Scorpion. But on the side of the Super Heroes are Silver Surfer and Nick Fury. Keep checking back on www.marvelultimatealliance.com for a continual update of which characters from the Marvel universe have been selected to be part of the over 140 characters in the Marvel™: Ultimate Alliance game!

shoulda figured Fury and Surfer were alternates...ah well. :ohface:

but!

Be the Voice of Bruce Banner or Jean Grey!

09 May 2006

Marvel™: Ultimate Alliance brings you the once in a lifetime opportunity to be the voice of Bruce Banner or Jean Grey in the game! Simply come back to the website on Friday, May 26th to submit your audition online or for details on how to submit by mail. The voiceover contest includes great prizes for the winners! Audition on the website anytime between May 26th and mid-July and YOU could be the next Bruce Banner or Jean Grey!

so i think that makes our chances for seeing Hulk - if even as a villian fight - a lot better.

Wallpapers

Archived