Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

The NZA

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance's Intro Cinematic

Cool stuff. Originally I thought they were using standard Marvel U characters and having Ultimate Marvel characters as unlockables, but now it looks like they're actually mixing and matching. Ultimate Cap and Thor feature alongside standard U Nick Fury in the opening. (can't really tell the difference between standard and Ultimate Spidey and Wolvy, and Doom looks kinda like an amalgam of both versions)

oh my god, that made my night.

regular marvel U fury and wolvy, with ultimate cap and thor...yes, this is how it needs to be. id be happy with that party right there, too.

funny, i was thinking "crap, everyone's got blunt/sharp objects to hit the robots except spidey...wait, he's strong as fuck."

what're you girls lookin' at? :birf2::birf:

• 4 weeks later...

god bless you, activision :misty:

Playable Characters

Blade

Captain America

U.S. Agent

Deadpool

Dr. Strange

Elektra

Ghost Rider

Vengeance

Phantom Rider

Human Torch

Iceman

Invisible Woman

Iron Man

War Machine

Luke Cage

Mr. Fantastic

Spider-Man

Scarlet Spider

Spider-Woman

Storm

The Thing

Thor

Beta Ray Bill

Warbird

Wolverine

Unlockables

Black Panther

Daredevil

Nick Fury

Silver Surfer

PSP Exclusives

Hawkeye

Ronin

NPCs

Black Bolt

Black Widow

Corsair

Clea

Crystal

Colossus

Cyclops

Dum Dum Dugan

Gambit

Gorgon

Hank Pym

Heimdall

Hulk

Jean Grey

Karnak

Lilandra

Gambit

Lockjaw

Namor

Nightcrawler

Odin

Professor Xavier

Emma Frost

Triton

Uatu the Watcher

Vision

Volla

Wong

Villains

Abomination

Arcade

Attuma

Baron Mordo

Blackheart

Bullseye

Crimson Dynamo

Dark Phoenix

Deathbird

Dragon Man

Dr. Doom

Dormammu

Empress S'ybll

Enchantress

Executioner

Fin Fang Foom

Galactus

Gladiator

Grey Gargoyle

Kraken

Kurse

Loki

Mandarin

Mysterio

Mephisto

M.O.D.O.K.

Radioactive Man

Rhino

Scorpion

Shocker

Super-Skrull

Tiger Shark

Titannus

Ulik

Ultron

Winter Soldier

The Wrecking Crew

Ymir

Heroes (Playable Status Unknown)

Siryn

my dreamteam of Fury, DD, Cap & Wolvy is here. We even get Deadpool for backup...i held hopes for Moon Knight, but close enough.

US Agent, War Machine, Scarlet Spider? I dont count those, they're the same thing with a different costume. At least with Beta Ray Bill and Vengeance we're getting slightly different abilities. And if we're going with anti-versions (Beta-Ray, Vengeance, War-Machine, US Agent) then where's Venom at?

And by Phantom Rider are they talking this guy: phantom.jpg

If so, that's awesome. If we only could have traded some of the repaint characters for:

Death's Head dethhed1.jpg

Deathlok

deathlok.jpg

D-Man (Come on, this guy is the Dan Ibiki of the Avengers!)

dman001.jpg

3-D Man

3d-man.jpg

Moon Knight

moon-knight-20060307030418018-000.jpg

Venom

venom06.jpg

Punisher

punisher.jpg

Man-Thing

manthing.jpg

I only hope that they would appear in a possible sequel. And if there is a sequel I want to see the following as unlockable characters...

Devil Dinosaur and Moon Boy

0000337896_1.jpg

Howard the Duck

product_G2629.jpg

Peter Porker Spider-Ham

asm528variant.jpg

haha....man, you went obscure, but yeah idve traded some of the asgardians for them. and im hopin scarlet spidey gets impact webbing and different shit rather than just a coustme change.

im not ruling the punisher out, yet. Im just hoping he's a playable character at osme point. Yeah, its weird seeing him on a team, but id deal with it.

still....i remember beating x-men lengends 2 and thinkn the avengers needed a game like this, i cant tell you how pleased i am to see this lineup.

3-d man? really?

Yeah I went obscure but I mean, they put the idea in my head because Phantom Rider is about as obscure as they can get seeing as they didnt even own that character until halfway through its existence. Yes 3-D Man, it's such a horrible design but I'd love to play as him.

It'll be fun to see a villian version or expansion or something. Green Goblin & Bullseye'd kick arse. See this is where a bare-bone game with purchasable downloads'd be tops. A skeleton crew consisting of say, Cap, Spidey, Wolvey & Hulk with purchasable or downloadable characters & variants'd bring a greater sense of collectability to the whole thing. I think this is for another thread though...

But at innocuos prices(50cents & shit), it'd be just like trading cards. I miss those. And with the space the game applies to a D-man variant costume or the 17 Wolverine variants imagine the maps in both size & texturing. It really would enrich the experience y'know?

yeah, making a game is easy! you just need a stuido, developers, poissibly a mil. Make a thread for your idea(s) so at least someone can google & jack them, mebbe youll see it made one day.

Downloadable content's a fucked up idea, even for a Marvel MMORPG...youd be left thinking, fuck, can i afford to get Thunderbolts at a group rate after i buy the Runaways? I say if this game is as good as the X-Men Legneds series has been, just keep updating it. Again, id love a New Avengers team, Civil War missions and such later on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived