Hondo's Bar

Spider-Man 3

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im assuming you like that pic for the tent-pitching.

Oh my god, you don't get it do you? That's Ace and Gary the Ambiguously Gay Duo

from Saturday Night Live. It's also proof that Alex Ross will whore his work out to whoever asks him. I mean what other artists would be caught dead drawing something like that, even Liefeld would go "I have more integrity than that."

X3 was good if you squinted your eyes and ignored every other line. It had it's moments but it sure as shit will never end up on my DVD shelf.

oh, that makes more sense. and have you seen Liefeld'd site, with his innuendo-webcomic thing? i assure you, he's not above much.

Yeah, i kinda second baytor's X3. I think i was more forgiving intially, but as time went on, the dissapointment came to bear. X2 was magic, 3 coulda been a contender.

The usual fanboy "i aint seen shit yet, but ill bitch" facor only comes into play here on spidey 3 in that im a bit tired of goblins and wanted more venom, but still all kinds of hyped.

Could Ross maybe have done the Ambigously Gay Duo piece 'cause they're fucking awesome? Does that mean his kick ass Space Ghost pieces make him a whore. The man did Marvels. You can all suck a dick.

As for X3 and perhaps where my outburst of fanboy-rage came from, I plopped down $30 for the "Stan Lee Edition" which included a reprint of comics I've already read, the regular edition of the movie (which is available at $9.99 - $14.99 depending on where you shop) and a really nice box. I tried watching it again soon after I bought it and got as far as when Xavier died and couldn't take it anymore.

Raimi knows what he's doing. Spiderman 3 will kick ass. Fuck this Venom bitching. It's like the Green Goblin "power-ranger" argument. No matter what #1 was the tits, #2 was the tight vag and number #3 will be the Vida ass.

Could Ross maybe have done the Ambigously Gay Duo piece 'cause they're fucking awesome? Does that mean his kick ass Space Ghost pieces make him a whore. The man did Marvels. You can all suck a dick.

Yeah no, most of his stuff is done on request and Space Ghost was actually a legitimate serious cartoon back in the day before Cartoon Network turned him into a talk show host. I'm sorry but I cannot help but laugh when he takes those too and puts them in the same type of pose that he does for his Superman drawings, making them look all serious and respectable. It's fucking hilarious.

now, there's an analogy.

Im not taking from marvels, or kingodm come. He does fine work (tho i prefer Fabry for non-superheros...shut it, baytor), im saying his ego taints somethings.

I dont mean to be one of those people who hates tom cruise now cause he's a scientologist or whatever, but shit gets to you. If byrne wrote quality shit, he'd still be a douche of a person. I have a hard time with kanye west's shit now that he's such a fucking crybaby, Ross trashing Kevin Smith and others, going on about Hal, etc....i still love Earth X, but im not reading his commentary, put it that way.

ive pre-emptively decided to boycott spidey 4 (when there is one) if there's no carnage and/or reilly.

man, i thought i made up "wait till your father gets home" in my head or soemthing. I even rememer the theme song.

Pre-talk show space ghost was cool, but all the old hanna-barbara ones merged at some piont in my mind, they all have the same art, plot, villians, sound affects ("thing ring, do your thing!!") etc. Nothing fucks with talk-show Space Ghosts, we gots the whole thing on LL's comp.

....what were we talking about? oh yeah, fuck Kanye.

There will never be a Carnage in Spider-Man movies, at least not a good one. Good Carnage would require an r rating, you'll get like the 90s TV version.

2track, you're absolutely right, that shit was class. THe channel is called Boomerang, I get it at random intervals, don't ask me why but one day it's there, one day it's not.

There will never be a Carnage in Spider-Man movies, at least not a good one. Good Carnage would require an r rating, you'll get like the 90s TV version.

I know, youre right there. And a watered-down carnage with war machine in tow isnt much anyway.

I cant imagine there's much interest in a spidey fan film the likes of Batman: Dead End, since Spidey's hard/expensive to do right and Rami's knocking it out the park anyway, but if there was, itd have to have a CG-animated Carnage with living blood swirls fro a coustume, and an axe for a cock.

ive pre-emptively decided to boycott spidey 4 (when there is one) if there's no carnage and/or reilly.

See, they're already cast the perfect reilly to play brock.

As for Goblins, James Franco is listed as playing "the Night Sufer", not a goblin. His face mask also does not look like a goblin. So, that's something. I see no need for more goblins, but I do see a need for a resolution of the Harry Osbounre conflict. He's gone from being Pete's best friend, swooping in an stealing MJ, not giving a fuck about Spidey, losing his father and thinking it's Spidey's fault, losing MJ, being jealous towards Pete about losing MJ, being given the daunting task of taking over his father's empire out of high school with none of his father's scientific talent, pouring money into Octavian's project, ruining his father's business, almost killing Spidey only to find out it's Pete, his "only friend in the world", discovering his father was the green goblin after talking to his dead father in the mirror, and instead of realizing then why Spidey brought his body back dead, decides to use his father's toy to kill Spidey. You telling me they should just write Franco out of the SP3 script and pretend shit never happened? Fuck that, we need closure on this shit before moving on to Spidey 4.

You telling me they should just write Franco out of the SP3 script and pretend shit never happened? Fuck that, we need closure on this shit before moving on to Spidey 4.

Yes.

Ok, fine, deal with it, for like 20 minutes, then get the goblin-love (i dont care what they call him, he's a goblin from what ive seen) gone so i can gets me more Venom. Baytor knows what im talkin' bout.

Sandman could be cool too tho, but i am slightly cautious about the retconning him as uncle ben's killer - then again, it makes sense if its what pushes Peter to take the symbiote. Anyway, Rami knows best.

Ok, fine, deal with it, for like 20 minutes, then get the goblin-love (i dont care what they call him, he's a goblin from what ive seen) gone so i can gets me more Venom. Baytor knows what im talkin' bout.

Sandman could be cool too tho, but i am slightly cautious about the retconning him as uncle ben's killer - then again, it makes sense if its what pushes Peter to take the symbiote. Anyway, Rami knows best.

Damn straight, the Night Surfer or whatever the fuck he's called really doesn't require that much time, let's kill Franco so we don't have to deal with his bad... acting any...more. Then we can bring Norman back even though he's clearly dead but we'll have Defoe back and thus a good goblin. I also hope that MJ gets the Gwen Stacy death so we don't have to see Dunst anymore. But back to my point.

My origional idea for this movie was to have Sandman be the main villain for most of the movie and Venom come in at the 45 minute mark after Spidey's lost the black costume, kill Sandman and then Spidey vs. Venom for 45 bliss filled minutes. But obviously that isn't this movie, I have faith in Raimi, the only shitty movies that he has done were shitty because of studios telling him what to do (FUCK Liam Neeson, Campbell should have been Darkman!)

Do not speak ill of Darkman. Neeson's shitty attempt at an american accent (most recently heard in "Kinsey") aside Darkman was sweet.

Plus Dr. Giggles was in it. Nobody fucks with Dr. Giggles.

drgiggles_1.jpg

Darkman was indeed awesome, but it could have been so much better with Bruce Campbell in the lead.

• 1 month later...

Archived