Hondo's Bar

Spider-Man 3

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goblin has a sword? and yeah, Danzig should even play himself on screen.

This movie was damn fine. Macho to the point of satire, but i knew that from the book - he's on a roll with the faithful translations, and well done at that...i might have to pick this one up when its out.

shit, are we talking about this over on panch's thread? i cant keep up these days.

• 1 month later...

Alright, so fandango's got midnight screening tickets for Spider-Man 3 on sale, which means the box-office will have then too, whihc would save us $1 each to buy them there.

Unlike other movies we'd done recently, I think this one will sell-out. There are going to add screens for midnight, but I think we should get a feel for those who are coming and buy the tickets all for the same screen soon than later. Whose down? It's Thursday May 3, getting out early Friday morning the 4th. There's multiple source I'm looking at, but looks like its running time is going to either 2 hours and 20 minutes or 2 hours and 36 minutes, plus the trailers will mean we will get out at 2:40am or as late as 3:00am.

Tickets can always be returned before the movie starts, so if you're interested speak up.

Being really smart I was in Walmart yesterday and went to the Spider-Man section (oh yeah) and saw the Spider-Man 3 storybook. Horrah! I thought. I bet this book is just swell. So I had a little flick not really looking at much. Then I saw the last few pages and...well. Yeah. I don't want to be an asshole spoiler or anything but it plays out like this...

So, yeah. I mean the dancing part is pretty swell and all but Paddy McRockman is a dick.

i can never figure that out, even with panch's help. I was sick and my mom picked it up, his cosutme was ripped, and some old lady he'd saved was giggling and pulling it apart, he runs off and fights some guy in a trenchcoat and uh, purple? and that guy hit him with a telephone poll. thats all i remember, except for uh, books where venom showed up that i read later.

My first ever comic and spider-man comic was astonishing spider-man no.35.

It came out in march 1998, i was 12 years old and had just recieved my confirmation, having money was a novelty which gave me a bit of independence. i remembered seeing the comics in the shops, flicking through them but knowing i could'nt get 'em.

But thanks to the Lord our God i picked up that comic, and my life was changed forevermore.

Astonishing Spider-Man is a U.K. comic which reprints three american comics in one issue.

In issue 35.

Were the rebirth of Kaine, where James Johnsmeyer tries to recruit Kaine for "The Game"

two of the comics were about this an amazing issue and a peter parker: spider-man issue aswell i think

the third was part four of the story arc where peter loses his powers.

that comic not only started my love/obsession with comics but also was responsible for my art moving onto the next step, the only other artist to have more of an impact on me was salvador dali.

Thank you Mark Bagley and J.R. Jr.

Jesus weeps. Another Romita acolyte.

It's funny isn't it? First thing I did when I left home and got my own cash was buy Spectacular Spiderman #250- The return of Norman Osborn. I'd read a few incidentals prior to that, a X-Men: Zero Tolerance Ish, but nothing that stuck and nothing I'd actually bought and fully read. I've a copy of it at home somewhere, having found another copy of it recently.

Bish: why you think its gonna go poorly? Did you not see Venom?

Because three comic book villans in one movie generally spells disaster? Look, as much as I thought the first couple of Spidey films could have been paced better, I did enjoy them, a lot. Outside of general awesomeness of the venom cg, let's look at what needs to be acomplished in this movie (this is all shit that has been shown in the trailers, or can be inferred from them):

Peter wants to propose to MJ

Sandman Appears,

Peter finds out that HE was the one who killed Ben, goes out for revenge.

Sandman and Spidey fight

Harry is looking to kick spidey ass and fights peter,

looking at the trailers, this probably happens twice.

Peter has to GET the suit

Harry gets his face fucked up

go all emo

run himself ragged

piss off eddie brock

meet gwen stacy

get on the skids with MJ

Get on the skids with Aunt May

Realize he is a dick because of the symbiote

Get a motivational speech from Aunt May that will be incredibly specific to his current troubles as spidey

Figure out how to ditch the suit

ditch said suit.

Eddie gets suit and goes all psycho

Peter goes back to being regular spidey

Venom seeks unholy revenge and there is a (most likely really cool looking) fight

Resove everything else

That is enough for a season of nonstop 24-paced television, let alone a 2-3 hour movie. It concerns me.

yeah i can see where you're comin' from.

I for one just have faith in raimi , he has'nt steered us wrong yet, he's delivered two of the greatest comic movies ever,

In my opinion his track record deserves the benefit of the doubt

He also gave us Xena: Warrior Princess.

Just sayin :Please:

he can hate him all he wants, just give me 20 minutes of him on-screen and a good fight.

its a lot, granted, but we got done with all the intro/talky-talky shit before. if we dont stop for Macy Gray songs i figure we can get most of that done in about 2 hours, and if they forget to include hte Harry Osborn going to a paintball match stuff, ill be okay with that too.

ps first spidey books i owned myself when i started collecting were Morbius books (gift, heh) and clone saga ones from Panch.

its a lot, granted, but we got done with all the intro/talky-talky shit before. if we dont stop for Macy Gray songs i figure we can get most of that done in about 2 hours, and if they forget to include hte Harry Osborn going to a paintball match stuff, ill be okay with that too.

I'll reserve judgement until I see it, but what was the last 3 major villain comic book movie? Batman and Robin?

Archived