Hondo's Bar

Spider-Man 3

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sad to say I won't be able to make it, as my new job has be getting up at 5:00 am, it sucks I know, but well, getting paid is rather important. Hope you all have a good time.

Friday night would have been fine, but yeah.

Go to slep now and wake up to go to the movi then directly to work.

So noone's commented yet? I personally dug it. All the bad press generated about the story suffering from too many stories & incidents, bollocks.

The Osborn's evil version of Alfred really coulda come forward with any knowledge about Norman's death prior to Harry being horribly disfigured. And the team-up was just too awesome for words.

Only weak-point I found in the whole dealy was emo-Parker(everyone reviewing it played this angle up and I thought they were being haters

But I really found myself humming along to something like Panic at the Disco when Pater & Harry fought in Harry's apartment.

). With all the uncertainty surrounding a sequel with the same team, I'll go out and buy a PS3 if it helps sony throw enough money at Raimi, McGuire & co to get 'em all back for more.

Only weak-point I found in the whole dealy was emo-Parker(everyone reviewing it played this angle up and I thought they were being haters

This. Was. Terrible.

This entire scene completely ruined what should have been a moderately acceptable-good movie. Venom was done amazingly, but what with the bad singing, Emo Parker, and the dancing in the streets....

I felt violent. I wanted to get my money back and shove it down this director's throat.

This movie had so much potential. VERY disappointing.

and if they wouldn't have included that TERRIBLE part, the entire movie would have been pretty good. But it detracted from it seriously.

you want more? I can dish out more:

First Parker and Ozborn fight. Parker wins, Ozborn gets amnesia. Fine, I'll bite. THEN, Ozborn gets his shit back together and pulls one of the most brilliant attacks I've seen, proving you don't have to be physical to be evil and vindictive. he gets his ass handed to him. Fine, I'll accept that.

....then, cut to Venom (which was brilliant) and Sandman (which was, suprisingly, good) and you have Parker going to Ozborn for help, AFTER HE ALMOST KILLED HIM, AFTER OZBORN ALMOST KILLED HIM, AND AFTER OZBORN FUCKED HIM OVER WITH MJ). And to make things worse, Ozborn goes for it!

Sorry. That could have been ignored, but coupled with Emo Parker

and the dancing in the street bullshit scene, NOT to mention the Jazz Bar,

and you have 2.5 hours of my life that I'm never getting back.

Arch's a fucking hater. All the macho parker and dancing parker was good cause it showed him losing his humility and getting cocky, and it was done in a fun way only Raimi can pull off. If this one suffers from anything it's for reaching too high and coming up slightly short of its reach. It juggled each enemy (Sandman, "Night Surfer", Venom, and inner conflict) well, giving each dimension. Mary Jane for the first time has a good meaty role written for her, and you can really feel for her and what she's struggling with in her relationship with Peter.

Great movie.

I'm not a hater. I'm being honest.

The Emo Parker and Dancing down Manhattan Parker, which lasted so long it was obnoxious, really detracted from the overall movie. They could have done the same thing without making it look ridiculous.

And the Green Goblin at the end? C'mon! There's NO WAY that could have happened!.

But even then, I'll accept the last part. If Raimi would have cut the Emo-Dancing Parker, the movie would have been good. With it in there, it's just stupid.

I actually found myself wanting the movie to end.

First of all, he was just dressed emo. He was noting acting emo at all.

Secondly, if you're going to show the arc with the symbiote changign his personality, you can take the route Raimi took, or something not entertaining. I think you're taking ti too seriously.

Archived