Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Gaming Journal

bishopcruz

Injustice got pushed... Bioshock got pushed (technically), dark stalkers got pushed, metros gonna get pushed because thq lost this bankruptcy battle.. So I bought ni no kuni. It's like playing a movie. Can't say much else at this pt... Guess its a sign I should finally start on backloggin

Oh n my boy got a wii u... Gotta say that handheld screen is genius.

Edited by IceManML

Been playing Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale. I made the last payment and

the fucking credits rolled. I was about to throw something. I was expecting a Tom Nook scenario where I just keep getting bigger debts until I've thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Thankfully, I stuck around until afterwards. OH THANK GOD.

I've never been so angry about beating a game before. I was just getting into a nice groove, and I hardly even touched the dungeons.

Holy shit, that's hilarious. I wish I had a video of me waving a hacksaw around the dude's chest once I had triumphantly grabbed it, then just leaving it in there when I decided the hammer was the best tool for the job.

Needless to say, I did not successfully complete this gentleman's heart transplant.

So new Dead Space is kinda lame. I'm having an ok time with it I guess. Has a pretty different feel than the last 2 for sure (people that thought that went actiony are gonna be very disappointed here), and I just realized there aren't save points. Has some sort of crappy checkpoint system. Granted I'm not very far in it, but so far, first impressions aren't great.

I'm going through Dead Space with a friend, and fully expect all future playthroughs to be Co-op as well. It's just a game that screamed that it wasn't made to be played solo, and as such I'm having an okay time. But so far, the combat hasn't been as punchy. We've had a few periods where we were genuinely afraid we were gonna get eaten, but we marshaled on.

That's probably why I'm not digging on it as much, cause the intensity should be the same if not more in solo. I haven't, and probably won't get the chance to try Co-op since I'm just on a rental and not shelling out money for the online pass. Which is a shame since that's where the game is supposed to shine. Kinda wish they gave the option for AI co-op just for the story experience.

I've been playing the hell out of my PS3 now that I have a working one again. I just got my first Platinum trophy playing Infamous 2 and I can't praise that game enough. I've talked about my favorite scene in the game on our podcast, and I have to say the evil ending was a lot more emotionally involved than the good one. 5 out of 5 stars.

It's one of the few games that when I beat it, I booted it back up to start over immediately.

I was pretty much on board for the truck driving through Europe. I didn't expect it to be such an RPG. You can start your own company, make money and buy pretty extensive upgrades. Don't forget to signal!

I regret that you can't just go way offroad. I bet I could make good time going from Brussels to Dusseldorf as the crow flies.