Hondo's Bar

28 Weeks Later...

28%20DAYS.jpg

IMDB has few & far between details; wiki says:

A sequel, 28 Weeks Later, is currently in production. The title implies that it would take place several months after the first film. Rowan Joffe is in talks to write the script, and Danny Boyle and Alex Garland will take a producing role along side Andrew Macdonald. According to the listing on the Internet Movie Database, the plot will revolve around the idea of Americans arriving about six months after the incidents in the original film and attempting to revitalize an empty Britain. The cast of the original film are being reported as not returning for this film.

What's everyone think? its a different director, but im optimistic till it looks otherwise.

There were parts in 28 days that made it so good... The brutal scenes where cillian murphy pushes his thumbs into the prv's eye sockets, the drive past the gigantic wind turbines, first scene that included the shot in the London bridge, the soundtrack, etc, etc. I thought Boyle did a great job in directing it.

I bought this Boyle Double pack (28 Days/The Beach) in WS Unrated SE.

Great movies both of them. I think Boyle is a refreshing director with a "reality" feel to his films. They are grainy, raw and the cinematography is spectacular.

I loved 28 days. It had a constant chase and run element to it, the spec. effects were cool, and the atmosphere in which it was filmed macabre.

Pick this one up, great Zombie, suspense, thriller, horror hybrid.

With that said, I think that a sequel would do very well, and could be done quite well actually, as there is plenty of material to reinvent a post-apocalypse survival film that would be both entertaining and suspenseful.

Can't wait to hear more as pre-production takes place.

Could be cool.

Edited by MusicManiac

I think it could be good, the senario doesn't really let them recreate the first movie, so hopefully they'll try and do something like Aliens did with Alien. Up the tempo, get a bit bigger and not worry if it resembles the original movie. Could be good, could be bad, but with a few notable exceptions, zombies make for solid cinema.

I think it could be good, the senario doesn't really let them recreate the first movie, so hopefully they'll try and do something like Aliens did with Alien. Up the tempo, get a bit bigger and not worry if it resembles the original movie. Could be good, could be bad, but with a few notable exceptions, zombies make for solid cinema.

I got a funny mental image of them trying to find a way to somehow incorporate Bill Paxton.

Anyway does anybody know if this story is even gonna be about Jim and... shit what the other two's names? Or is it gonna pull a Romero and be about an entirely different group of people in England?

As for the origional I thought it was brilliant, the only part that pissed me off was they called it one of the most origional zombie movies of all time when most of the concepts were the same as many other zombie films.

that, and techincally, its not even a zombie film: rage virus, as i understood it, meant they were alive, not undead. i know its a techincality, but still.

i get the impression theyre talking a whole new direction/cast of characters, IMDB only had like one name rumored to be part of it, as i recall.

personally? the original was great, i think it got a lotta credit not cause it was new or innovative, but cause it did what hadnt been done n years 's all, we were still wading through shit like "i still know what you did the other day" and calling supsense slashers horror; if i recall correctly, it was a neglected genre at the time.

The film starts six months after the Rage virus has spread throughout the city of London. The United States Army has restored order and is repopulating the quarantined city, when a carrier of the Rage virus enters London and unknowingly re-ignites the spread of the deadly infection, wreaking havoc on the entire population.

I don't know if SiBob already posted stuff about this, but I had to say something! ZOMBIES!!!!!!

I loved "28 Days Later" :werewolf:

I will watch the second version.... I hope it is good.

I am a sucker for ALL zombie/undead movies..... it is hard I'm sure to make a movie of something that has been done SO many times before. :ghost:

I can watch the remake of "Dawn of the Dead" over and over.... it's still funny every time....yet creepy.

Anyway.......do NOT rent or buy "Hood of the Dead" PURE CRAP!

Someone gave a cheap camcorder to a junior high kid and said, "Here, go talk your big brother into being an actor and tell him to talk his other friends into being zombies! It'll be cool YO!"

• 2 weeks later...

If this goes all "Hollywood" (read: the murderer of decent indy flicks through shitty fucking sequels) I will personally kill whoever is responsible for it.

28 days later was a masterpiece and ideally i don't really want a sequel at all but i guess when these studios are in sequel mode there's no stopping them.

Pardon my cynicism but im really not looking forward to this.