Hondo's Bar

28 Weeks Later...

The trailers for this look pretty good. I wasn't too much of a fan of the first one (I think Danny Boyle is very hit and miss) but I'm considering checking this one out.

I'm not so sure about the plot, they repopulate England and then, whoops!, the same fucking thing happens again! Looks like it could be a decent genre flick, but I'd need to see some pretty glowing reviews before I lay money down. Though I'm sure all the Irishmen on the board can agree that the scene where they carpet bomb London looks like a dream come true. Did I say that out loud?

I knew alls we needed was choppers. The Monk is going the wrong way investing in Ireland's first stretch hummer. He should start importing hellicopters. That's the way to go. And after the job is done and London has been taken care of we can use them to drop fire retardant on unwanted Halloween bonfires in Sallynoggin too. It's a win-win situation.

The new director made this movie called Intaco with Max von Sydow in it that I really liked. Of course, it's the only feature he's made and he made it like a billion years ago, but at least he has a track record.

I'll also hold out for good reviews but consider watching it.

You really should, it was aweome.

This had everything idve wanted from a turbo-zombie film. Great opening, great transition to the present time, and while the themes (military control, rebuilding etc) werent brand new, they were presented in a way that was really intersting...youre watching, and just waiting for things to fall apart, but however predictable, the ride was great getting there, and the ridley scott shakey cam fest actually makes sense during the action scenes here.

i thought it was used well when they were hiding in the car before it got gassed.

also, who else was thinking of "Descent" when they used the night vision in creepy-ass subway scene?

I too was wary of the director change, but after being a bit let down by Spidey 3, this was really great. no complaints come to mind, even the movie's length - if you dug the first one, or just love zombie/horror shit, this one's really worth seeing. This one doesnt dissapoint.

Usually I'm not one for the cliche "movie with a lot of explosions"...but when

they decided to firebomb "sector one" or whatever it was called

, I almost yelled "YEAH! BLOW THAT SHIT UP! KILL IT! SHOOT IT IN THE HEAD! HIS AXE IS ON FIRE" and other things completely unrelated to the movie...it was good times.

I really enjoyed this! Cj and I went with Stilly Friday night, and you know it's gonna be fun when you have him around.

"FOREBODINGGGGG!" haha. I agree with Sen, it got a little slow at certain points, but they never lasted long and it was back to action and zomg blood fun.

Yeah one and the same. One of the better british actors out there.

Fucking pussy leaving his wife to die, but the boy sure can run!

The action was heart pounding in this film, a feature which wasn't lost from the first one, might pull out 28 days later on DVD now and watch that...

I must admit it was

quite ironic that it was the kids father who was chasing them down for the whole film, but it added a creepy factor to it i suppose.

Edited by soldier of fortune

• 15 years later...