Hondo's Bar

Parkour

The NZA

I think you're all being hard on DoJ, he is many things, but he is not intentionally deceitful, if you look at the thread subtitle, it mentions playgrounds, that is clearly where the confusion arrised.

If I hadn't already given my FHD away, this would totally take it. Jeez, man.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

heh...i might need my ankles though

in all seriousness, im looking at a workout duads gave me a while back that stressed more core shit...ive become more interested in this kind of a build than a typical bodybuilder. the lean, flexible kind've muscle that can be used for anaerobic (hauling ass) kinds of application.

• 7 years later...

Jackie Chan is even more amazing when you learn he did nothing to protect himself during his stunts. That bit where he slides down the string of lights and falls through the plate glass? Every part of that was real: the electricity, the glass, etc. It's why he has sustained more serious injuries than Wolverine.

He's right though. Spider-man is perhaps the worst hero to do a parkour movie about: Daredevil, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, you've got something. Spider-man sticks to walls and hangs upside down from lamp posts, he doesn't do parkour because he doesn't need to.

I never said anything about parkour. Jackie Chan's stunts incorporate parkour, but that dude is an athlete and acrobat. If you're telling me that, in their prime, Sam Raimi and Chan couldn't have come up with some spectacular close combat bits with Spidey then I don't even.

yeah, i love chan & would be all over whatever weirdness raimi would've had in store for him - i just wouldn't want it limited to a character that it didn't fit is all

i'd love to do a thread on badass guys doing their own stunts, including chan and pioneers like yakima canutt