Hondo's Bar

Next gen: 360 vs PS3?

The NZA

Next gen systems  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I went out and bought myself a 360. Now I can spend drunken nights playing Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball at Skeet while he calls me Daddy through that swanky headset.

I wanna set it up but there's alot of wires. Fucking wires. I got that Live Arcade thingee for free :blink: and then I picked up NBA 2k7 just so I can show my love for Brian Scalabrine.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it doesn't have wireless standard, you need an adaptor for that, and MS makes it pricey. In either case, you're probably better off running a cable to your router to get a direct connection.

Trust me, wireless gaming performance sucks ASS compared to wired.

As far as Ultimate Alliance:

DO that, we need to set up a 4 player hondos coop game of that shit over Xbox Live. I call deadpool though.

Cool.

I went ahead and hooked it straight up. I got my XboX live shit on the go now. So when I send out friend requests I just put in your name, right? (Sorry about all the stupid questions but as I said, I suck at computer stuff)

I sent a tester out to Skeeter2099 so I guess if that one works I'll add you up too. I'm pretty broke 'til next week (I just bought this fucking 360 as well as having to Christmas shop for everyone else) but I'll be definitly picking up Ultimate Aliance. Gimme Cap!

Cool.

I went ahead and hooked it straight up. I got my XboX live shit on the go now. So when I send out friend requests I just put in your name, right? (Sorry about all the stupid questions but as I said, I suck at computer stuff)

I sent a tester out to Skeeter2099 so I guess if that one works I'll add you up too. I'm pretty broke 'til next week (I just bought this fucking 360 as well as having to Christmas shop for everyone else) but I'll be definitly picking up Ultimate Aliance. Gimme Cap!

Sonova!!

Well in failing to call Cap I'll take SpiderWoman or Strange.

I been loving up Crystal Quest, same sorta dealy, but I got the arcade unplugged pack last night which has Geometry Wars, Texas Hold'em(no idea- I figured nutsacks but no-- Poker.) Wik(funfunfun), Koliki-something-or-other(I fell in love with the demo) and a couple others.

Sony loses the Virtua Fighter 5 exclusive:

From 1up

Virtua Fighter 5 Confirmed for Xbox 360

The slow death of the third-party exclusive.

By Luke Smith, 12/21/2006

When SEGA announced Virtua Fighter 5 for PlayStation 3 last May, people believed it would be one of the third party exclusives that drove consumers to pick up Sony's console. Today, SEGA announced that Virtua Fighter 5 would also come to Microsoft's Xbox 360.

The game will be available in late-Summer 2007, which considering the February release date for the game on PlayStation 3, probably means the game is exclusive to the platform for six months -- expect VF5 on 360 no sooner than August.

This isn't the first game we've seen announced for PS3 end up a multiplatform title (cough, Assassin's Creed, cough) and it won't be the last.

SEGA hinted at the move to multiplatform with VF5 in an interview that appeared in our Virtua Fighter 5 cover story. Here's the exchange:

1UP: One thing that's interesting is that the PS3 is undoubtedly going to be big in Japan, but in North America and Europe the Xbox 360 has a pretty sizeable head start, not to mention an installed-base advantage. Have you considered the financial benefits to bringing the game to the system (the 360) with the bigger installed-base in North America? I've heard that Lindbergh is closer in design to 360 due to the PC-style architecture of the systems. I don't know if this is true or not, but I'm interested in knowing your opinion on this.

NS: Regarding the rumor that you heard that Lindbergh and Xbox 360 hardware are closer, that's not actually true. The PS3 is closer because of the same video chip, which is why we decided to create VF5 on PS3. However, we think that the 360 is a great piece of hardware, so there is a chance that we will create something on 360. It's not that we want to concentrate only on PlayStation 3. As to whether we've got anything scheduled at this point, we don't have anything that we can announce at this time.

See those three magical words "at this time." Remember them, you've read them before and you'll read them again.

I am happy as all hell. I love me my VF, and this game was going to be one of the ones I would have been sad to miss. Now I just hope for a MGS4 announcement.

I read Kojima said that it could be ported, that itd work, despite what some haters were saying about the 360's capabilities vs PS3.

Thing is, its not his call....id say if Konami doesnt like their sales on the PS3's (depends on how many are in homes by the game's release, is my bet), then i woudlnt be surprised by a port, and again, would be happy as well.

But i expect Sony to fight to keep this one, its a system-seller. And if it does get ported, i hope you/we dont mind waiting for it, too.

• 2 weeks later...

...eh? i thought bluray was the new format their games were gonna start using... :zzz:

but yeah, $600 is what we got. i hear there's a $500 one that bishop's outlined the differences on somehwere, but ive never seen that one, it must be limited release.

no no, i like the 360 being on top. my argument with panch & you aside, i dig the system. it needs more games to really get me on board, but its done good with this year head-start, way more than it was looking at this time last year. good online network, good support. those #'s might be slightly off, as it just hit 10 mil from an article i read.

Im content with the Wii in 2nd, i just want to see the #'s keep coming, for fear of nintendo dropping out of the hardware game one day ( :FHD: ) and also i like seeing innovation rewarded.

So yeah, id like PS3 to stay at the bottom. By this time next year, after MGS4, RE5 and the like, who knows.

Archived