Hondo's Bar

Final Fantasy XIII

The NZA

i played a good way into it, its just my opinion that the storyline didnt grip me.... i didnt feel as if i could love any of the characters as i did with seven or eight... maybe i've just set the bar too high

How could you love any of those whiny heroin sheek trendy fuckers in Final Fantasy 8? How can you love ANYTHING that has Zell in it?! :blink:

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could you love any of those whiny heroin sheek trendy fuckers in Final Fantasy 8? How can you love ANYTHING that has Zell in it?! :blink:

For the same reason you love the unfunny mess that is CTRL ALT DEL, you ass. *rolls eyes*

Edited by Maldron

I uh... um, I think you were trying to quote me not Bish. And the word "love" was never paraded around, I simply enjoy them like I enjoy french fries and listening to Bob Segar. It's not like I praise them as anything more than a casual indulgence.

Ah, don't know how that happened. Weird.

Regardless, different people have different tastes.

STILL LESS ANNOYING THAN ZELL, THOUGH STILL QUITE ANNOYING!

THEN WHAT DO YOU SAY TO QUINA, VAAN, AND ANY OF THE OTHER LARGE ASSORTMENT OF THROWAWAY LOSERS THAT HAVE MADE THEMSELVES PRESENT IN PRACTICALLY EVERY FINAL FANTASY TITLE EVER? ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO HOLD A SINGLE INCARNATION ABOVE THE OTHERS AS BEING BAD ENOUGH TO RUIN THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE WHILE LETTING EVERY LAST OTHER VERSION GET AWAY SCOTT FREE?

Edited by Maldron

TAKE THAT PS3!!!! YOU ALMOST HAD ME, YOU FILTHY BASTARDS. BUT NOW THAT FFXIII IS BEING RELEASED ON THE XBOX, YOU'LL NEVER GET YOUR GRUBBY HANDS ON!!!

MUAHAHAHAHA! PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!

Not making you sound desperate to claw some ground back for M$ or anything. Regardless, i don't see this as too much of a blow for me personally, because i never intended on buying the ps3 for XIII alone. I bought it because its a better piece of kit than a 360. Exclusives or non exclusives bother me not. Either way, i reckon the ps3 version will run smoother. Only ps3/360 shared game i've played that hasn't run smoother on the ps3 has been the orange box.

honestly, the (id imagine) cost of production, this shoudlnt really've been too surprising, in retrospect. The whole "white engine" thing was kinda murky though. And with HD installs coming to 360, we get to wait & see who gets continuous installs vs disc-swapping. Truth be told, im surprised Sony was able to keep a big-budget monster like MGS4.

The trailer's footage tells me this one's clearly still a long ways off, though. That said, here's to hoping sony's got something big to unveil tomorrow - id wager an FF VII remake'd get them back on a lot of people's want lists. I dont know that a single E3 could handle 2 megatons though, so im guessing some Kingdom Hearts nonsense, but i guess we'll see.

THEN WHAT DO YOU SAY TO QUINA, VAAN, AND ANY OF THE OTHER LARGE ASSORTMENT OF THROWAWAY LOSERS THAT HAVE MADE THEMSELVES PRESENT IN PRACTICALLY EVERY FINAL FANTASY TITLE EVER? ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO HOLD A SINGLE INCARNATION ABOVE THE OTHERS AS BEING BAD ENOUGH TO RUIN THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE WHILE LETTING EVERY LAST OTHER VERSION GET AWAY SCOTT FREE?

You leave Quina out of this! He... er... it, was the goods!

And no, I'm not holding Zell as one single incarnation out of an otherwise awesome cast. I mean 10 had Auron, and Kimahri, and Lulu. Nine had Steiner, and Vivi, and Freya. I haven't played 12 so I don't know on that one. But what was 8's saving grace? Irvine? Squall? Come on, that's weak sausage Mick.

Edited by Iambaytor

You leave Quina out of this! He... er... it, was the goods!

And no, I'm not holding Zell as one single incarnation out of an otherwise awesome cast. I mean 10 had Auron, and Kimahri, and Lulu. Nine had Steiner, and Vivi, and Freya. I haven't played 12 so I don't know on that one. But what was 8's saving grace? Irvine? Squall? Come on, that's weak sausage Mick.

I loved Quina, mind you, but I'm not gonna pretend he wasn't made to annoy the fuck out of folks.

For VIII, Laguna, Kiros, and Ward, obviously. Seriously. They were awesome.

12's redeeming character was Balthier, but he suffers from being the only character worth having in the middle of a story that seems to barely want him.

Edited by Maldron

3 secondary characters were your saving grace? Come on they were about as much main characters as Seifer or Edea was.

Please, they were central to the plot and you got to play as them. Not to mention they were cool. You're gonna tell me that I can't pick Aramant as a character in IX because I don't get him in disk one? We're talking about playable characters whose personality help them stand above the rest. I'm not playing "Let Baytor get away with changing the rules to his liking." :p

And for that matter, Edea was a central character to the entire story. :/ Not only did she raise every last one of the main characters, she started S.E.E.D. and played the part of the main villain for the first two disks. Or one disk. It was a long time ago.

I swear, it's all about Sony and not about SquareEnix. They're a company that wants to be in the black. The online 360 community is more happy that Sony doesn't have exclusivity than they are that they're getting to play a game. Fucking vultures, I swear.

Vaan sucked. I liked Penelo, though I'd admit she didn't add anything to the story.

Please, they were central to the plot and you got to play as them. Not to mention they were cool. You're gonna tell me that I can't pick Aramant as a character in IX because I don't get him in disk one? We're talking about playable characters whose personality help them stand above the rest. I'm not playing "Let Baytor get away with changing the rules to his liking." :p

And for that matter, Edea was a central character to the entire story. :/ Not only did she raise every last one of the main characters, she started S.E.E.D. and played the part of the main villain for the first two disks. Or one disk. It was a long time ago.

If Banon, Vicks, Wedge, the ghost, and General Leo from VI don't count then neither did they

Things like this make my day.

ff13.jpg

The recent announcement by Square-Enix that Final Fantasy XIII would remain a Playstation 3 exclusive in Japan marks the death of the Xbox 360 in the Land of the Rising Sun. Even more startling is that Square managed to announce this at Micosoft’s own press conference, only confirming Square’s commitment to the Playstation 3 brand and its desire to see the Xbox 360 flounder.

On a related note, the massive development costs for the Final Fantasy XIII project have forced Square to announce an inferior Xbox 360 port in North America and Europe. Spanning 6 DVDs, Final Fantasy XIII will release on the Xbox 360 but only because Sony doesn’t care about the franchise enough to subsidize its enormous development costs.

As always, in the end Sony wins and Microsoft loses. Tomorrow, it begins.

and if SDF doesnt do it for you, just sign here.