Hondo's Bar

The Star Trek Discussion Thread

Seen as trek fandom is reaching the point of epidemic around here lately though this would be appropriate. Mods feel free to shunt this to a more suitable forum if you want.

You should know im having a geek attack right now cos nobody i know discusses ST with me cos they all hate it/know nothing of it. Star wars fans feel free to hurl abuse this way. It'll just cement your reputation as the Jocks of the sci-fi world.

Some topics to get the ball rolling:

Janeways cameo in the last movie.

The new movie (whenever they get off their asses and make it)

some of the cooler stories on fanfiction.net

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen as trek fandom is reaching the point of epidemic around here lately though this would be appropriate. Mods feel free to shunt this to a more suitable forum if you want.

You should know im having a geek attack right now cos nobody i know discusses ST with me cos they all hate it/know nothing of it. Star wars fans feel free to hurl abuse this way. It'll just cement your reputation as the Jocks of the sci-fi world.

:bananaman: for this thread!

Some topics to get the ball rolling:

Janeways cameo in the last movie.

I always love cameos, especially in Star Trek movies. I found it amazing they promoted her so quickly! I guess they figured 7 years stranded in the Delta Quadrant and all the dangers she and her crew had to brave was enough to merit the promotion.

The new movie (whenever they get off their asses and make it)

Anymore news about the rumor that Gary Sinise might play young Bones? Also anything on who might play Kirk or Spock? I hope William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy are both still alive when they start filming, I think they should both be in the movie in some form, even if it's just a few scenes flashbacking the entire movie.

I read on wikipedia that matt damon was loosely connected to the role of Kirk. Leonard nimoy was offered a cameo but shatner was "upset" he hadnt been offered a cameo.

Maybe they will offer it soon enough. Of course will he be able to do it? He is currently busy with the ABC series Boston Legal.

Ah yes....DS9, we watched that too...

Saw a bit of Voyager as well...

Mom made me watch Enterprise only for Scott Bacula, but he was never like he was in "Quantum Leap" so we lost interest quickly...

As far as uniforms are concerned, I loved Deanna's uniform's best...

Ah yes....DS9, we watched that too...

Saw a bit of Voyager as well...

Mom made me watch Enterprise only for Scott Bacula, but he was never like he was in "Quantum Leap" so we lost interest quickly...

Enterprise was a complete disappointment from the beginning. No wonder it only lasted 4 seasons.

As far as uniforms are concerned, I loved Deanna's uniform's best...

I always thought Deanna was hot.

OMG!!! I LOVE this Family Guy spoof scene of TNG! What makes it so much funnier is the voices are THE REAL ACTORS! It really is Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, and Michael Dorn doing the voices in this scene (I checked the credits).

Okay, so in your opinions, who was the hottest & why...you need to state your case!

Nyota Uhura

uhura.jpg

Deanna Troi

troi10.jpg

Beverly Crusher

sta539.gif

Jadzia Dax

200px-JadziaDax2374.jpg

Kira Nerys

kira27.jpg

Kathryn Janeway

capt_kathryn_janeway.jpg

B'Elanna Torres

Torres.jpg

Kes

200px-Kes_2374.jpg

Seven of Nine

jeri_ryan_in_start_trek_voyager.jpg

T'Pol

250px-Jolene_Blalock.jpg

Hoshi Sato

ST-HoshiSato.JPG

Edited by Aartemys

Don't forget the bubbly Ezri Dax (after poor jadzia bit the dust, prooving the rule once again that any woman Worf is involved with must die horribly).

Not necessarily. If you recall, the last couple of seasons of Star Trek: TNG, Worf and Deanna Troi had somewhat of a relationship going on, and last I checked, she hasn't bit the big one yet! :D