Hondo's Bar

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

IT_S_ALWAYS_SUNNY_IN_PHILADELPHIA_001.jpg

This is the funniest goddamn show i think ive seen since Arrested Development.

Seriously, nothing's sacred; every episode has fun with another social taboo. The first season alone has some fine highlights, between picking up chicks at abortion rallies, the isreali/palestine conflict as played out with irish pubs, and of course, "Charlie got molested".

Theyve added Devito to the cast now (im towards the end of the 2nd season, all but caught up) and i think a personal favorite was "The gang goes on welfare"; holy shit, that had a lotta class moments. Anyone else into this? I cant wait for the next season, wiki says Sep. 13th. Its also crazy how cheap this show is done for.

If only baytor or somebody'd recommended this earlier! Thanks LL.

Nick you late to the game motherfucker, I should take a brick to your manberries for taking this fucking long. Have you missed the quotes in my sig?

Seriously though this show is fucking incredible I found it funnier than Arrested Development (and I LOVED Arrested Development) Charlie is my hero. Being a televangelist, answering the door in a nazi officer uniform whilst eating a banana, and the one where his supposed bastard son showed up was great.

Watch this show or else!

in nicks defense, i've been trying to find seeds for IASIP for over a year so he could finally witness the fitness, but my pirating knowledge is limited to mininova and isohunt so i couldn't find shit.

i loves me some charlie. although the whole cast holds their own which is hard to find these days. thank you fx.

Edited by La Lindsay

I've seen like two episodes of this, the one where they get a gun for the bar, and another one...I forget. It's pretty good, but Arrested Development good, but I set my DVR to record the new season and would like to watch the old seasons. I guess the difference between FX and Fox as that the 'O' eats good shows.

I've seen like two episodes of this, the one where they get a gun for the bar, and another one...I forget. It's pretty good, but Arrested Development good, but I set my DVR to record the new season and would like to watch the old seasons. I guess the difference between FX and Fox as that the 'O' eats good shows.

I'm going to assume you meant "but NOT Arrested Development" good. The gun episode was good but not great, it's one of my least favorite. The one where they find the Nazi outfit, Charlie got molested, and the one where they sell beer to teenagers are my personal favorites.

Particularly for Charlie's best line in the whole show, "Oh, this is CLASSIC Tammy."

I need not say the "A" word to describe this show simply because it is just too apparent.

You just can't go wrong.

From episode: The Gang runs for Office

Dennis: I think you might be dyslexic.

Charlie: Read the script once.

Dennis: Okay, you want me to read the script?

Charlie: Yes.

Dennis: All right.

Charlie: And... action

Dennis: I'll read the words you wrote. "Hello, fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot..." What? "Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadelphia, so do."

PS -

I love Charlie (Charlie Day)

always-sunny-charlie-day3.jpg

and Mac (Rob McElhenney)

always-sunny-rob-mcelhenney2.jpg

:wink:

Edited by Senshik

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

you know, i keep forgeting that this season only had like 10 episodes. what a shame. :misty:

i fucking want to marry charlie but since he's already married to the waitress lady in real life, i'm gonna marry Mac instead cuz he's got that hotness about him. :drool: facial hair/dark hair thing. :D

• 7 months later...

Yeah, I announced this in our regular Sunny thread, but I have no problem pimping the 4th season in it's own thread. Speaking of pimping, I think The Gang Gets Whacked from season 3 is my favorite episode. I was watching it again yesterday when I decided to make an animated gif of the slapping scene for my avatar.

The second season ended with the revelation that

Frank was Charlie's father

and season three ended with

a bum winning the bar in a dance marathon

. While the show was truly high quality from the first episode (alot of shows need a little time to get into a good groove, not so with Sunny), I think the show has gotten progressively better. I'm really psyched for this season. I'm a bit disappointed that there will only be 13 episodes. We went from 7 to 10 to 15 episodes for the first 3 seasons, and now we're getting 2 less than last season.

PS Season 3 coming out on DVD Sept 9th.

• 3 weeks later...