Hondo's Bar

Recipes

Aartemys

Today I'm going to share with you a recipe to make Pasta with Bacon sauce, wich is really easy to make and fast. It shouldn't take more than half hour to do it. Im not going to go into detail of how to cook pasta, because I dont need to, right NZA?? So I'll focus on the sauce instead.

Here's what you'll need:

2dr5qfq.jpg

- 1 or 2 Onions

- Bacon (170 gr)

- Chili

- Olive Oil

- Your favourite Pasta (I like Gnocchi)

- Crushed tomatoes sauce (400 gr)

- Chili powder

- Koskenlaskija (its some kind of creamy cheese)

1) Put some water to boil the pasta.

2) Chop the Onions and cut the Bacon like so:

1pw3yh.jpg

111qidh.jpg

3) Put the onions and bacon in a teflon casserole with some olive oil and cook it.

35n3r4n.jpg

2uiympl.jpg

4) By this time the water was probably boiling and you added your pasta.

5) When the onion and bacon is cooked, add the crushed tomatoes and a little bit of Chili powder and reduce the intensity of the fire (?!) (Yeah, sorry. Cooking language is not something that I use that often) cook it slowly for a couple of minutes.

30x7dsj.jpg

6) Cut the creamy cheese so it melts easier and throw it in there.

szbrfb.jpg

iz6mps.jpg

7) Its gonna change the color of the sauce and when melted you are done.

34dpftk.jpg

8) Enjoy!

53mmxk.jpg

Oh yes, cover it with more cheese and eat with bread and your favourite beverage.

This food is, like I said, easy, fast and the portion is for 2-3. Dont ask me how many calories or any or that, because I dont know. I just know is fabulous.

• Upvote 1

I'm totally making this. I'm gonna caramelize the onions first, I think. I've had a bit of an obsession with caramelized onions lately. Maybe do them like 80% and then finish them off with the bacon added. I'd have to turn up the heat, but it'll still probably be pretty good.

And more cheese, because I put more cheese on everything. Including the, likely shitty, counterpart to koskenlaskija I can find over here (it's comically expensive).

Today I have for you Pastel de Papa [translation needed]. This food is something that, again, is quite simple to make. It doesn't look really fancy, but it tastes great.

So, here's what we'll need:

11kcto8.jpg

- 6 or 7 Potatoes [about ½ a Kilo]

- An onion or two

- 400 gr of minced meat

- 2 eggs

1) Start putting water to boil and peeling the potatoes to make smashed potatoes.

2) When the water is boiling add the potatoes and the 2 eggs to make hard boiled eggs (its gonna take from 20 to 30 minutes to cook) like so:

10xbrza.jpg

3) Chop the onion and put it together with the meat in a teflon casserole and cook it.

166n1xu.jpg

25qdq2u.jpg

4) Turn on the oven to 225 C (thats 437 F to you americans!)

5) Wait for the eggs and potatoes to be done. In the mean time go and kill some suckers in Team Fortress 2.

6) When everything is done, peel the eggs and chop them. Put in the meat mix and condiment (use your favourite stuff. I put Oregano, chili and so).

10rtz55.jpg

7) When you have the potatoes smashed Hulk style is time to put everything together.

8) Grab a ceramic casserole (those ones that go in the oven) and apply a thin layer of potatoes.

35bfbb8.jpg

9) Then dump the meat and all in there.

2rdjayg.jpg

10) Apply another layer of smashed potatoes, only this time thicker (twice as thick than last time).

4t6al5.jpg

11) Drink.

12) Put some butter above all, and then some cheese so they gratinate.

20rpog0.jpg

28vvsxk.jpg

12) Now put it in the oven for like 10-12 minutes and you're done.

2wh36rs.jpg

13) Add Heinz© Ketchup and enjoy!

rrpp38.jpg

Like I said in the beginning of the post: It doesnt look like much, but it tastes great.

I make something like that, but without the layer of potatoes at the bottom. I call it a shepherd's pie, but it probably isn't that.

Layer of interchangeable meat, layer of interchangeable vegetable, mashed potatoes, cheese. Boom.

Get rid of the cheese, and baby you've got yourself a stew going shepherd's pie.

Ohhh, I forgot about that eggs. Yeah, I don't make mashed potatoes like that either. I'm intrigued by the idea though.

Get rid of the cheese

How about you just go to hell instead? All dishes are improved after being slathered with delicious melted cheese. I'd put it on a popsicle if it didn't make it melt.

Good to know I'm not calling it something completely wrong though. When JZA says he had an enchilada, I imagine it's cottage cheese and baked beans topped with a fried egg.

• 1 month later...

The thing about using a slow cooker is that its incredibly easy and idiot proof. When i make roast i just put a 3 lb. roast, sprinkled with seasoning salt and salt and pepper to taste. 4 cups of water, baby carrots and onions. Then you have to let it cook for about 8 to 9 hours and you will have the most tender and delicious roast you've ever had in your life.

What kind of meat is this? and you don't have to pre-marinade it? pardon for this for being possibly stupid questions.

Boogie: thanks for taking the time to make that write up. I will try that recipe one day. are you sure that bowl is oven safe? lol

• 5 months later...

Easy, rich tasting, but light meal i just made, also super cheap!

Reduced fat crescent roll dough, rolled out in one big flat sheet, seams punched closed, and baked until browned. Let cool and spread 1/2 block fat free cream cheese or nuefatchel and then cover with favorite raw diced veggies (I did broccoli, red and green bell peppers, thinly sliced carrot, and onion) and season (I did garlic, salt, black pepper, and some southwest ms dash). Doug added sliced grilled chicken to his. Yum! The buttery flavor from the cresent and the rich cheese made it more flavorful than just raw veggies.

So...it's like a big cracker?

I wonder if one could make a sort of pizza like this...bake the crescent roll and maybe saute the veggies then toss it on with some of the cream cheese. I like the grilled chicken idea. I'm definitely gonna try something like this week after next.

Here's my own recipe. The guys ask for this at least twice a month and it's super easy to make.

Teriyaki marinade

Thin steak (usually skirt)

Frozen long fine green beans

Marinate the steak in the teriyaki sauce. I like to throw in some soy cause teriyaki is too sweet for my liking. Let this marinate at least thirty minutes but I like to do it for about twleve hours.

Pan fry the steak. Don't overcook. This stuff cooks in a flash.

Retain marinade.

Flash boil the green beans to get them unfrozen, again, not more than five minutes because you aren't trying to cook them, just blanch them.

Fry the green beans with some of the leftover marinade until tender. I like to drain the rest of the sauce and cook mine till they blacken a little but that's personal preference.

Serve!

Edited by FireDownBelow

• 4 weeks later...

Made this last night for supper...super yum.

"Meatball Sub" Bake

2 cans Pillsbury biscuits

20 frozen meatballs

1 C shredded Italian cheese

1 jar pizza sauce

preheat oven to 375

spray a fluted pan with non-stick cooking spray

heat meatballs in microwave for about 1 minute to take the chill off

open canned biscuits and pull them apart. you should have 20 in total

pour a bit of sauce into pan just enough to cover the bottom

grab a biscuit and wrap it around the meatball making a dough ball. place seam side down into pan. repeat with other 19 meatballs and dough pieces.

top with remaining sauce and sprinkle cheese on top.

bake for 30-35 minutes.

• Upvote 1