Hondo's Bar

Fixing Fight Club: The Poll

archangel

Fight Club Changes  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK folks, here it is. D-Day. No more putting up with this bullshit. The choices are simple, the answer choices concise. Do we keep the status quo, or do we go with change?

You know my answer.

Also, for those of you who vote 'yes' to the second question, please nominate someone and we'll hold a mini election for that spot.

Thanks.

I nominate DoJ and Crimson

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Acalis doesn't back me because he, as usual decides to gleam the inner tubing of the other person who would be up against me in order to win favour...

What happened to your love affair with DA8 man?

I just feel Crimson has what it takes, and as he is a fellow Hondonian Trekkie, damn straight I'd vote for him!

There was never a love affair. You automatically assume that just cuz I didn't jump up with everyone else and said "DA8 SUCKS!" that it makes me his supporter? Is this another case of "if you're not with us, you're with the terrorists"? I am my own person thank you very much.

If it was up to me, I'd rather have Arc stay on the reins, but he has better things to do than to worry about FC really, and so I will respect that. Frankly if you honestly think you can run FC better than anyone, then more power to you.

I don't care whether or not you were with da8, its the fact that you gleamed his ass so much with the whole "oh here's an avatar for you, now can i suckle from your teets" kinda shit you had going on, and dont give me this "he's a fellow trekkie" bullshit, on Every occasion there's been the slightest little dig at me for the past while you've been the first one in there to hop on it and fhd whoever did it, and its fucking childish and patethic...

I don't care whether or not you were with da8, its the fact that you gleamed his ass so much with the whole "oh here's an avatar for you, now can i suckle from your teets" kinda shit you had going on, and dont give me this "he's a fellow trekkie" bullshit, on Every occasion there's been the slightest little dig at me for the past while you've been the first one in there to hop on it and fhd whoever did it, and its fucking childish and patethic...

There's already a thread for this sort of thing. You wanna continue to bitch and moan, then go ahead and do it there. You know the thread, I am sure.

for the first i voted "no"...now wait gimme a chance to explain.

i voted no cos he's only mod of syndrome, if we remove his modship i'm afraid he'll bring his "extremely funny retardation"

to the rest of the forum. frankly if he can't moderate anything else in fight club but syndrome, then really there's no reason why we can't bring fight club back to what it used to be...a critically acclaimed crap shack :civilwar:

but if he is removed, i'm for an election.

i've no problem with crimson or doj gettin' it

That's the purpose of my 'Operation Quarantine' that I've discussed with a few other mods. If he were to try that, we would simply quarentine him to a designated thread in either FC or Crap Shack, whichever seems more appropriate (we'd have to talk it over with Acal and 2Track, but It's probably going to be FC).

From that point on, he can stay in FC all he wants. If he gets too uppity, we restrict him to a single thread until he learns to behave or leaves, whichever happens first.

No, no, no. that's not how it works.

for one, you dont have communication with all the mods - some arent even here. the super mods, ray-ray and jax, havent signed onto this, neither have i. we cant restrict people to a single thread; that's not even possible. you're sort of making up rules now.

Im with ASC; i dont see the point in this campaign. How is he "ruining" an entire forum, from his one sub-forum? Why cant people click on "ignore user"? I get that he's an ego about him, and the cock-jokes've worn thin, and you wanna take him down a notch by outsing his modship. I clearly get that. What i dont get is a) how you dont see ASC's valid point that'd youd be basically martyring him and subject to a lot more of the same, but all over, and b) youre basically opening precedence to all but ban someone who the lot of you just dont like. If we didnt do that with MM, we're not starting here.

Last i checked, the guy cant even edit. He can just post, same as the rest of you, and will continue to do as he's given attention, via your sigs, this campaign, etc. Its cool to have a new villian to unite against, but behavior restrictions for cock-talk in fight club? this is getting silly.

jesus christ, i gotta go talk to arc again about this shit? how is this one forum, the one that in theory should be the easiest to run, the one you people choose to make so high maintenance?

I remember recalling that the premise of syndrome (it could have been the arena but im nearly certain in thinking it was syndrome) was the fact that the mod was an interchangable thing, if he wasn't doing his bit, he could be replaced by means of a poll or whatever...

The fact that da8 hasn't done jack shit other than copy and paste snippets from the book fight club or movie quotes in the last month or so implies he really hasn't done his job.

which is why I also said my view is an extreeme one, and as such, best left to the lot of you to decide the niceties on (or you would have known if you'd read suggestion).

The taking down of his ego is necessary, seeing as the ego inflation is what led to this problem in the first place. And while the end of MM was very annoying, it was no where NEAR as bad as what DA8 has managed to do in FC.

As for the martyr bit: you have to have a following to be a martyr. If not, you're just crucified. Last I checked, aside from Acal, no one even deals with this guy, let alone likes him.

as for editing, he's edited Skeet's post before, so I think he does have editing power.

As for ASC's point: it's the same one you brought up at Flannigan's. Yes, he could try to be vindictive and flood the entire forum. Then what? Not many are going to stand for it. The ignore option only goes so far, and nobody likes a spammer. Eventually he'll have to force your hand, or Jax's, or even MH's. Eventually, the other mods will get sick of seeing the graffitti in their forums. No one likes censorship here, Nick: me least of all, considering I have the minority oppinion around here. But you HAVE to draw certain lines somewhere, or risk having pure anarchy.

If DA8 wants to post, fine, post: he's as relevant to me as Sam is. Less so, if that were at all possible. But the moment he takes his trash out of FC and starts infecting other forums, you're going to have an uprising here. That, or people will stop posting.

So the question then becomes how do you best handle this? Reasoning with him clearly doesn't work, neither does ignoring. Containment would work, but it's psuedo-banning and you're against it. What then? Demoding him seems to be the popular oppinion, but there's still the chance that he'll flood out of FC.

And even then, if he hasn't done it yet (considering there hasn't been a new post in FC in about the time the boycott began) after his self-acclaimed 'victory', I doubt he'll do it after he's de-moded.

Fact is, that was the second biggest mistake (the first being Skeeter bringing him back). Seeing as we can't ban him, we can at least de-mod him and hope he either adjusts or leaves.

but arch he only has mod powers in syndrome.

the fact that all of fight club has dried up recently is as much our fault as his.

infact i'd say it's more our fault.

nobody has started an interesting new thread in fight club recently, therefore no good new posts.

and really when you think about it,music for the masses is pretty dead lately also, and he was nowhere that.

actually on a broader and more worrying scale, i've noticed that hondo's as a whole has less posts than usual.

but that's for another thread.

anyway back to da8, i say we just leave him in his hole and try and put this energy into creating some good new threads.

OK folks, here it is. D-Day. No more putting up with this bullshit. The choices are simple, the answer choices concise. Do we keep the status quo, or do we go with change?

You know my answer.

Also, for those of you who vote 'yes' to the second question, please nominate someone and we'll hold a mini election for that spot.

Thanks.

I nominate DoJ and Crimson

Naturally i voted yes to both.

Me and DoJ? I can understand Doj being mod but me? I mean thank you very much of course but what makes you think i'd be any good at it?

Because his 'hole' is festering the entire subforum.

Go into FC and what do you see? DA8 plastered all over the place. Before, he would go to two, maybe three different threads in the subforum. Then some idiot gave him modship of a subforum and the floodgates were loosed. There is not a single thread in FC where a person can go without having to deal with his bullshit, hence why people left.

Also, Music has always been (at least since I've been here) one of the more quiet forums, not as bad as sports but still not that lively. Compared to FC, Music was always slow. FC was, actually, a much livelier place even during the lull following Skeet's acquisition from arc. But completely dead? Never.

That's all because of one person, one person who though his modship only extends to that tiny subforum believes it to be a pass to run all of FC, and run it he has: into a bloody hole. The Titanic didn't sink this fast.

He has to be demoted. After that, we'll see how he reacts. But deal a blow to his ego first, and right the wrong that should never have happened.

Archived