Hondo's Bar

Questionably Content

• 3 weeks later...

Truly, Lundgren was a kickass Punisher and his version of Frank Castle actually did spend a little time getting kicked around. However, Ray Stevenson's Punisher glares at danger with bemused anger until it either runs away or forces him to beat it into a bloody pulp with a cue ball in a sock.

Edited by Iambaytor

Truly, Lundgren was a kickass Punisher and his version of Frank Castle actually did spend a little time getting kicked around. However, Ray Stevenson's Punisher glares at danger with bemused anger until it either runs away or forces him to beat it into a bloody pulp with a cue ball in a sock.

:love:

Now that is what I call a ringing fucking endorsement. Can't wait to see this one on DVD now!

yup, baytor's got me torrent searching as we speak.

i still vote Lundgren over Jane (again, moreso for the story than the part itself) but i see his take on it being punisher: year one. i just wish less of that was spent playing with fire hydrants, or awful foreshadowing like his kid did.

"put this on dad, it's gonna be great after those guys go back in time to run over more of our family...hypothetically."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've done The Pink Panther 2, Friday the 13th, Valkyrie, Taken, and Slumdog Millionaire. Watchmen and Last House on the Left (and hopefully Let the Right One In) forthcoming when I get some fucking time. Maybe a Twilight review if I'm feeling masochistic later.

"Picture if you took Harry Callahan, John Rambo, Jason Bourne, and Jack Bauer and combined them into one single person. Well Liam Neeson would descend from the rafters and fucking kill that person."

Brilliant line!

A bit harsh on Valkyrie though; I didn't think it was THAT bad. I need to put my review up. I've been slacking on them lately...

that was a good review, i forgot how tricky overdone tricky dick came off - also, rorscarch's (sp) voice was far, far less a forced-gravitas than bats which is worth noting.

im not sure why you're slashing prices, sadly. anyway, taken and gran torino are still towards the top of my queue.

...not yet.

so uh, feast 2 was good, then? i read your pink panther one, be kind!

Feast 2 was good, Feast 3 was better but the ending is likely to piss you off. Still you can never go wrong with lots of over the top violence, nudity, and Clu Gulager (a name you'll know well if you're a true western fan) cursing like a sailor.

EDIT: Last House on the Left review is live

Edited by Iambaytor

OK, for the next Hondo's awards, Baytor needs to be nominated in the Most Obsessed category for his pathological fixation with the production value, guest star casting, acting, writing, marketing, and all other dimensions of the CW series, Smallville. It's like you can only understand something in how it is similar to Smallville.

Edited by Reverend Jax

OK, for the next Hondo's awards, Baytor needs to be nominated in the Most Obsessed category for his pathological fixation with the production value, guest star casting, acting, writing, marketing, and all other dimensions of the CW series, Smallville. It's like you can only understand something in how it is similar to Smallville.

I've been nipple-deep in tween bullshit since I reviewed Quarantine. And Smallville is the only series of its ilk that I've been able to stomach past the first commercial break so I can't very well compare it to the Gilmore Girls now can I? Also, the comparison was fair. (Plus fucking everyone has been on that show in the past)

Also I own the first 5 seasons on DVD... I can only say in my own defense that I watched the first season and just started grabbing box sets without watching them first.