Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

oh, Archimedes, you attention-whore...why wont anyone claim you? i cant even get my roomates to show you love, and youre clearly some hybrid cat from a lab in the future, where theyve somehow weeded out the bad cat traits.

Its ok. If i can sell you as a christmas gift to my momma, at least you wont be far, buddy. Here's hoping you somehow like annoying small shit-dogs, too.

Cute cat. Before you ask, no. I've already got one.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Hollywood cartoon legend Joseph Barbera, half of the famed Hanna-Barbera team, died on Monday at age 95, the Warner Bros. film studio said in a statement.

Barbera founded Hanna-Barbera with William Hanna and their company was responsible for producing such memorable cartoon characters as the Stone Age family in "The Flintstones," the space age clan of "The Jetsons" and ghost-hunting dog Scooby-Doo.

I like Unlce Remus' Jax's new avatar.

Actually speaking of my Uncle Remus, what the fuck is the problem with his dialect? So, it's offensive you say!?

It sucks that Disney are still too chicken shit to re-release "Song of the South" in the US. If he represents the whole uncle-tom-selling-it-for-the-white-man view of the blacks then what the fuck does the Snoop-dizzle-mah-nizzle-1800-Dial-AT&T view do?

If anything those stories were superb as without taking the dialect of the people who told them and translating them onto the page the voices of these people may have been forgotten. Tar baby? You're reading too far into it. If anything that makes these stupid fucking pinkos who want to ban it racists.

When I have kids are they gonna miss out on the joys of Br'er Rabbit and Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah?

Fuck no.

Like my Uncle Nick always says:

"Who cares if you can't buy it? It's free to download anyway"

I like Unlce Remus' Jax's new avatar.

Actually speaking of my Uncle Remus, what the fuck is the problem with his dialect? So, it's offensive you say!?

It sucks that Disney are still too chicken shit to re-release "Song of the South" in the US. If he represents the whole uncle-tom-selling-it-for-the-white-man view of the blacks then what the fuck does the Snoop-dizzle-mah-nizzle-1800-Dial-AT&T view do?

If anything those stories were superb as without taking the dialect of the people who told them and translating them onto the page the voices of these people may have been forgotten. Tar baby? You're reading too far into it. If anything that makes these stupid fucking pinkos who want to ban it racists.

When I have kids are they gonna miss out on the joys of Br'er Rabbit and Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah?

Fuck no.

Like my Uncle Nick always says:

"Who cares if you can't buy it? It's free to download anyway"

Thanks for the props on my avatar. Just wanted to make a few comments.

No one is trying to ban Song of the South. Disney is choosing not to release it cause they think it would do more harm to their image than it'd be worth in revenue. They've heard more requests for it's release than demands for it's nonrelease, btu teh fact is they're probably wise to do so. Disney's public image has been on consistantly shaky ground for over a decade for many different reasons, not the least of which that they are pure undiluted evil.

I like Song of the South. I have fond memories of reading about Ber Bear and Ber Rabbit and watching the movie as a child, but this is not unexpected.

No, without further ado...you're planning on having kids?! Oh man, that is a sitcom waiting to happen!