Hondo's Bar

Iron Man 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Combining Iron Man villains is a bad idea, he only has like 4 to begin with. With Obediah Stane/Iron Monger out of the way and Whiplash coming that only leaves Crimson Dynamo and Mandarin and I think Mandarin is the 200 pound gorilla in the room (I refuse to watch a Mandarin that's played by anyone other than Nicholas Cage in full Fu Manchu make-up). Without those two we've got, uh... that evil War Machine that was all gigantic and stuff and... MODOK maybe?

Combining Iron Man villains is a bad idea, he only has like 4 to begin with. With Obediah Stane/Iron Monger out of the way and Whiplash coming that only leaves Crimson Dynamo and Mandarin and I think Mandarin is the 200 pound gorilla in the room (I refuse to watch a Mandarin that's played by anyone other than Nicholas Cage in full Fu Manchu make-up). Without those two we've got, uh... that evil War Machine that was all gigantic and stuff and... MODOK maybe?

FinFangFoom.jpg

FIN FANG FOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Never read it. I hear it's indefinitely delayed. Some dude at the shop was saying that Favreau was discouraged by some shit reviews of the first two issues, so he didn't want to finish it. I can't find anything that confirms this, so at this point I consider it completely made-up.

I say the villain for the 3rd movie should be Iron Man's two greatest nemesis (nemesisis? Nemisi?).

martini.jpg

Gin and Vermouth

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watching Scarlett on screen with the hair and all the tight outfits just made me want to fucka hole in the seat in front of me. THe rest of the movie was alright, pretty much just more of the first with some extra black Cheadle thrown in. Also, the post-credit giveaway?

Mjolnir in a crater in the new mexico desert. Who fucking cares?

Also, after the Cap'n America shield easter egg from the first movie, I guess they decided to be less subtle this time and actually show us a cross-sectioned version of it.

Mickey Rourke was cool, Sam Rockwell was predictably unlikeable. I like that it seems to want to cover both scenarios of Iron Man V War Machine,

in which it's either a misunderstanding or someone is controlling one of the sets of armour

, and also that it touches on that other big issue for Tony Stark.

Watching Scarlett on screen with the hair and all the tight outfits just made me want to fucka hole in the seat in front of me. THe rest of the movie was alright, pretty much just more of the first with some extra black Cheadle thrown in. Also, the post-credit giveaway?

Mjolnir in a crater in the new mexico desert. Who fucking cares?

Also, after the Cap'n America shield easter egg from the first movie, I guess they decided to be less subtle this time and actually show us a cross-sectioned version of it.

Mickey Rourke was cool, Sam Rockwell was predictably unlikeable. I like that it seems to want to cover both scenarios of Iron Man V War Machine,

in which it's either a misunderstanding or someone is controlling one of the sets of armour

, and also that it touches on that other big issue for Tony Stark.

u saw it already?

Also what shield easter egg in the first movie?

Archived