Hondo's Bar

Iron Man 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^this. he carried it just like i recall Millar writing it. i loved it when he said "you're not even my biggest problem in the southwest" or whatever, but 616 Fury doesnt even have to say it.

I liked it, but mostly agree with all the negative things people are saying about it. Still, I don't want to see anyone direct an Iron Man movie other than Jon Favreau. Lets get to Cap and Avengers movies already.

Movie needed two things in my opinion:

-An action set piece in the beginning, showing Iron man fighting conventional battles and otherwise "keeping the peace," perhaps

intercut with the montage of Whiplash constructing his ARC reactor

-After the

"repulsor high-five"

at the end, take Rhodey temporarily out of commission some how, and have a more emotional coda to the fight between Tony and Vanko.

Movie needed two things in my opinion:

-An action set piece in the beginning, showing Iron man fighting conventional battles and otherwise "keeping the peace," perhaps

intercut with the montage of Whiplash constructing his ARC reactor

Fuck yes! Get on the phone w/ Favs now and have him do that for the Super Special Director's Cut Blu-Ray.

Oh, and "Gonna Fly Now" needs to be playing in the background! I can see it now, Venko finishing his whips "Getting strooooooong now!" then cut to Tony punching a guy "It won't be looooooong now!"

I'm glad you guys aren't in charge of making movies because the 80s ended a long time ago, and it's time to let them and their clip montages go.

i finally saw it and agree with what everyone else is saying about the fight at the end. the cap shield was a funny scene but nobody in the theater got it so that was weird (then again, this theater erupted in applause after the new twilight trailer so, there's that). also, is black widow getting a movie too because jesus christ, she was awesome. and who wouldn't want to see more scarjo?

i finally saw it and agree with what everyone else is saying about the fight at the end. the cap shield was a funny scene but nobody in the theater got it so that was weird (then again, this theater erupted in applause after the new twilight trailer so, there's that). also, is black widow getting a movie too because jesus christ, she was awesome. and who wouldn't want to see more scarjo?

If the world makes any sense at all she should be in the 2012 Avengers flick they've been working towards (don't get to attached to Black Widow...it's a Whedon pic, she might die). Both Iron Mans, 2008's Incredible Hulk, next year's Thor and Cap movies are all setting the stage for the ensemble film to rival all ensemble films. Edgar Wright has been working for years on Ant-Man without it moving into production, but it looks like the Avengers film is moving forward with or without him.

i looked it up; they're not using O'Grady (iredeemable ant man) but the real one(s), though its still meant to be a comedy and if wiki's to be believed, Wright doesnt seem to want this to be at all like most action superhero flicks.

the cap shield was a funny scene but nobody in the theater got it so that was weird (then again, this theater erupted in applause after the new twilight trailer so, there's that).

oh, man. this is why if its a comic project, i try to go opening night - the fanboy cheering for things like this pleases me. i dont even recall getting the twilight trailer, but i thought it was funny when the Avatar movie one came and ended with kertins yelling "dont fuck this one up, shamalyan!" and she got a few cheers.

not sure if i want a Black Widow movie, based on how Elektra, Catwoman etc have gone down. still excited about Whedon on Avengers, but the big hype that was there when he was attached to Wonder Woman was that someone might finally be able to do a strong female superhero flick. I mean, that Luna brothers book "Ultra" might still get a movie, but that's just sex and the city with capes.

i have to be fair, the twilight trailer looked better than that first movie we saw since there was less sparkling and moping around and more fighting between werewolves and vampires. it's looks like it might be the tween version of underworld.

i have to be fair, the twilight trailer looked better than that first movie we saw since there was less sparkling and moping around and more fighting between werewolves and vampires. it's looks like it might be the tween version of underworld.

I thought Underworld was the tween version of Underworld

Archived