Hondo's Bar

Captain America

The NZA

• 2 weeks later...
John Krasinski: Captain America Role Is His To Lose

john-krasinski-date-400a020107.jpg

Insiders at the Marvel compound tell Fox 411 that he is close to landing the superhero gig of his life. John, who plays Jim on "The Office," has appeared in front of producers repeatedly since the start of the new year and since rumors began in February.

"John has read 4 times and is doing screen tests," our source tells us. "He has screen tested 2 times so far. It's very likely that he will be the new Captain America. He is a favorite among the key decision makers and has been asked to come back for more this week."

At this point, Krasinski is the main focus at Marvel.

"The big bosses are having him read with multiple actresses up for the female leads. They want to lock down the role and then they will narrow down everyone else."

Unfortunately, "The Office" star is not the chosen one for many comic fans who work for Marvel.

"It's a surprise and we are bracing ourselves for 'that guy from 'The Office'' to land Captain America. They are not really looking at the other guys, so it's time to get ready to work with him."

"If John gets offered the role, the pay will not be outrageous but it would be a multi-film deal. Marvel has big plans to tie the movies together and John would have parts in all of them since the first Captain America will be an origin story. The movie will break down how Steve Rogers becomes Captain America."

facepalm-1.jpg

I don't understand what your image below the article is.

I like Krasinski, but did Marvel use all their casting brilliance on Robert Downey Jr? I mean, this isn't Fox or Sony casting this, it's Marvel. Maybe I can't see what they see, and if he spends a year weightlifting it could work, btu he's still not be my first choice.

its a montage of classic facepalms, embodying captain kirk's. fairly appropriate; ima write this off as another bullshit rumor, though ive heard it before....Thor looks nailed down, Cap still does not.

*if this turns out to be the next "HEATH LEDGER AS THE JOKER? THAT"S STOOPID moment, i reserve the right to fully endorse this decision in 2011.

its a montage of classic facepalms, embodying captain kirk's. fairly appropriate; ima write this off as another bullshit rumor, though ive heard it before....Thor looks nailed down, Cap still does not.

*if this turns out to be the next "HEATH LEDGER AS THE JOKER? THAT"S STOOPID moment, i reserve the right to fully endorse this decision in 2011.

IT'S FUCKING PICARD!!! :D

i dont know what's worse; people still reading AICN or wanting wrestlers cast for anything.

at least something gives me hope.

The Captain America Movie Gets One Role Right

skull%201%20and%20skull%202-thumb-640x415.jpg

I've tried to ignore the Captain America casting rumor mill, mainly because it's so disheartening and stupid. I mean, when the trade presses report that the Jonas brothers and Dane Cook tried for the role of Steve Rogers -- and that The Office's John Krasinski was the front runner for a while -- what the hell can I do? Ignore it until something is confirmed, and pray that something isn't horrible and/or moronic.

But here's a rumor about the Cap movie that's actually good news -- Hugo Weaving is supposedly in final talks to play the Red Skull. Not only is Weaving a fine actor, he has a very, very large skull, which should help the Red Skull make-up/prosthesis considerably. that's a cost-conscious casting decision right there. I mean, look at him up there. The man is half forehead. (Via /Film)

Ryan Phillipe's name is being thrown around at the moment, Krasinski and all the bad ideas mentioned in that horrible list have apparently been passed on. If this were ten years ago I'd say give it to Casper Van Dien, but he's too old, fat, and obscure for the part at this point.

If this were ten years ago I'd say give it to Casper Van Dien, but he's too old, fat, and obscure for the part at this point.

I can just see Cap saying "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself. Welcome to the Roughnecks!" But yeah, we would have been good. I was telling Nick yesterday it should be Hulk Hogan. Strong, patriotic and blonde, he's perfect! :sad:

you guys are thinking of Thor.

No. But I am thinkin' Nick's likely going a wee bit poof. I'm postin' lezbian GaGa prison videos and you're over here postin' pics of some dude. Maybe all those posts in "hot chicks" are just an attempt to cover up something...

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

rbcym9.jpg

Chris Evans offered role of Captain America (exclusive)

131274-evans_america_341x182 Chris Evans is one step closer to the role of Captain America.

Sources tell us the actor, who once donned superhero garb in two "Fantastic Four" movies, has been offered the role of Captain America.

Marvel has not confirmed the development and CAA, which reps the actor, declined to comment.

Evans' offer would include starring in up to three "America" movies plus "The Avengers" movies and appearances in several other Marvel movies. While an offer to star in "America" may seem like something you don't have to mull over too long, one possible complication is that Evans is committed to co-starring in the Anna Faris romantic comedy "What's Your Number?" Both are scheduled to shoot this summer.

The role of Captain America and his alter ego Steve Rogers has been one of the most heavily scrutinized parts by the industry, the media and the comic book fandom in recent memory.

Evans wasn’t in the initial round of actors being considered, which for the most part leaned to the newcomer side. Michael Cassidy, Patrick Flueger, Scott Porter, Wilson Blethel and Mike Vogel, on top of John Krasinski and Chace Crawford, were those testing and reading. Garrett Hedlund was also someone Marvel was interested in.

Evans, who did not screen test, already has a relationship with Marvel, having starred as Johnny Storm, the fire-covered superhero in the two “Fantastic Four” movies that Fox released in 2005 and 2007. There is some question whether fans would be accepting of an actor who already played a Marvel superhero just a few years ago, but given that the movies were not well embraced, with no one faulting the actors, Evans might have a clean slate with moviegoers.

Joe Johnston is directing “America,” which shoots in England.

Evans, also repped by 3 Arts Entertainment, has the DC Comics adaptation “The Losers” in the can and also appears in “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World,” Edgar Wright’s adaptation of the popular Oni Press graphic novel series.

source. honestly, johnny storm's not the worst call on this crappy list so far.

Evans could play the part well, there were a lot of things wrong with the fantastic four movies but he and Michael Chiklis were not among them. He's got the acting chops and he's the best call I've seen so far. He has to die his hair though, nobody gets away with leaving their hair the wrong color no matter how good the movie is (I'm looking at you Daniel Craig)

• Like 1