Hondo's Bar

Captain America

The NZA

Yeah Cap and Iron Man were better films, but this is why Hulk was my personal favorite:

I loved the Incredible Hulk. It was about as good as a stand alone Hulk movie could get if you ask me. Norton was great and the Hulk looked amazing (incredible?). Probably my all time favorite Hulk design in any medium. Sad to see it seems they are going with a more 'Kirby-esque' design for Avengers.

hulkavengersart.jpg

Is it really that insane of a concept? It's a big aryan dream dude who ironically punches Nazis. I get it. It probably has some explosions and car chases thrown in for variety, along with a chick and some anachronistic ethnic pals, because you can't make a movie without them. All put together by the genius behind Honey, I Shrunk The Kids with post production 3D slathered over it.

I'm sure it's a fun movie. Not fun enough for me to have to sit quietly with a bunch of jerks and not smoke/drink/fuck with the internet while I watch it.

ugh, i dont know what's worse here: gun wanting Millar's jingoistic cheese, or indie logans not allowing himself to see one of marvel's better movies on some weird preconceived shit.

better than batman begins. i said it.

Did I mess up and say something that wasn't true?

Oh, I'll see it. I've seen (almost) all the Marvel movies. I just don't know if I'm gonna see it in the theater, for the reasons I detailed above.

I didn't see Batman Begins in the theater either.

But if they had added an "X" to the movie title somewhere, I prob'ly would have seen it the day after release :2T:

I'm a complicated man.

This movie had some great fan service but the best was

When Steve bumps into Hugh Jackman at the bar.

Didn't spot that. Are you just taunting me?

Fucking amazing movie followed by the single greatest trailer of all time. I went with a random friend and I'm pretty sure he'll never accept an invite to the movies again what with the squealing and violent masturbatory gestures I was making at the screen. Code 13 was a cute touch, as was Dr Zola's introduction.

• Upvote 1

I played this game with sports, and I'm gonna do the same thing here. Let me make sure I have the details of this little fable about injecting young boys with fluids and turning them into hunks correct:

They select him because he's weak, they penetrate him and fill him up with with super jizz. Then, with his "identity" disguised, he secretly battles EVIL in the name of national security.

It's a pubescent, closeted homosexual fantasy about being accepted by mainstream America.

Now ask yourself why you identify with it so much.

You're welcome.

:troll:

• Upvote 1

What? It's possible. Didn't Batman get shot into the past? It's possible that in leaping forward through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home, he'd come to the WWII era and encounter Captain America. And completely beat him in a fight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What? It's possible. Didn't Batman get shot into the past? It's possible that in leaping forward through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home, he'd come to the WWII era and encounter Captain America. And completely beat him in a fight.

You beautiful, ginger bastard, you.

I'm "me-ing" you a +1 in the future since Nick is to proud to give you one now.

nah, old man logan just showed why comics are a younger man's game, is all.

i mean, the truth isn't popular on FB either, but there's still more people in that group than the fanclubs of Peter Bagge & David Lapham combined...he knows what's up.

totally prepared to talk about the film again here, by the by. and how it was better than Batman Begins. ps haku while you're busy being wrong on multiple fronts, it's "too" proud, friend.

so yeah back to the movie

Red Skull getting sucked into the sky/asgard(?) and possible team up w/ Loki in the Avengers? The Abomination never died either so a prison breakout by those two would be pretty sweet. that or they can always go with MODOK....

has there been an actual villain confirmation for the Avengers?

besides a certain someone's bro mentioned in above spoiler?

Edited by axel_napalm

Oh NZA, that's just incorrect. Although I see your stance now: if more people like something, it must be good. I challenge you to stop and take a look at the people around you next time you're in a Wal-Mart.

I'm not even a Dave Lapham fan, for the record, I'm a Stray Bullets fan, and I know you're fanboy ass don't know shit about my boy Peter Bagge outside of that horrible Spider-Man one shot, so I'm just gonna quietly shake my head at your ignorance and let that one slide.

axel, as far as villains in the Avenger's movie, I hold out quiet hope that it will involve this.

sdcc52.jpg

it'll prob'ly just be skrulls

Also (actual spoiler)

isn't Arnim Zola in the Cap'n movie?

i once got a Hate! comic by accident on Free Comic Book Day, and demanded a refund. true story. also: Stray Bullets was boring, and Lapham only wants to write about incest these days because Judd Winnick let that market go. you heard.

also, i <3 wal-mart and it's clientele.

-1 ME DOWN HERE LOGANS, I SHALL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE.

i still have to watch Thor, but i doubt we'd see the infinity gauntlet in play just yet, no? also, trailer to avengers did show loki, i guess trying to make kang modern didnt work out.

:troll:

I love Hate and I hate everything else. I pity you too much to give you a -1, you apparently despise nothing more than a quality book.

I imagine if the gauntlet shows at all, it'll be in the sequel, which would be awesome.

Y'know who should be in The Avengers movie? The Beast and Quicksilver. That would bridge some shit. How much longer does Fox have the rights to the X-Men films? I don't like that they aren't included at all in these Marvel jamborees.

You know you've reached the bottom of the barrel on insults when you start calling out spelling on the Internets. Especially for a man incapable of using the Caps Lock key properly.

And as for the Avengers movie villain, I think the post credit scenes from Thor & Cap (as well as the frickin' promotional poster @ SDCC 2011) make it pretty obvious we'll have

Loki as the main villain.

And not the good kind Ly brings in gallon jugs either.