Lost

TulipO

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S6E6: Sundown

The Good: This episode was basically the writers making

Sayid's journey into the darkside complete. Yes, Sayid is Darth Vader. Sayid starts off as a loyal Iraqi soldier. He's then forced (mostly) to torture people. He hated himself for this and cannot forgive himself. His anger and hatred is fueled by the death of the woman he loves. He goes on a killing spree and joins a mysterious, more powerful master in hopes of seeing his love again.

Hello, Star Wars Episodes I & II.

The Bad: No real answers revealed in this episode.

WTF were Richard & Sawyer? One minute the others are so distrustful of Sayid and then the next they take his word as gospel that Jacob's dead and they're OMGFucked! Also, if he's so dangerous why do Dogen and Lennon just let Sayid lounge about the compound after he makes the announcement?

Seems like a big logic fail.

The Awesome:

The aforementioned Sayid is Anakin/Vader storyline on the island. The sideways story was also the best yet. LOCKNESS MONSTER UNLEASHED!

*Edit*

Some wonderful soul posted a list of all the names on the

lighthouse dial

: http://lost.about.com/od/clues/a/cave_wall_numbers.htm

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
link added

S6E7: Dr. Linus

The Good: Jack's chat w/ Richard. Hurley stalling poorly.

Sideway's Ben gets along w/ his dad. Sideways Arzt! Sideways Alex! Pretty much everything Sideways related.

The Bad: I've a sneaky suspicion this is the most we'll ever get in way of explanation about

Richard's immortality. Jacob "touched" him? Uh, huh. This is why Michael couldn't kill himself off island as well? Mmm...I was hoping for more definite answers. I hope to get 'em about Richard, but I kinda doubt we will.

Yet another slow-mo reunion scene on the beach.

Lockness monster's motives are confusing. Why did he kill all at the temple but not on the beach? If he doesn't care about the island then why need someone to "run" it when he leaves? WTF!?!?

The Awesome: William Atherton as

Sideways Ben's principal! The utter loneliness of Ben during that slo-mo reunion scene.

Every scene w/ Miles!

really enjoyed the last episode... however, they better pick up the pace cause there's a lot to cover and it's already on episode, what 7? I saw a commercial saying they had either 7 or 9 episodes left! what?!?

anyway. reviewing some episodes here and there and i'm beginning to think

the nuclear bomb, not the drilling from the darhma folk that jack detonated is what caused the electromagnetic pocket to become unstable....

and speaking of the bomb... i am sure it went off but the "candidates" survived it because they can't get killed? but then that means that juliette, who's name i'm pretty sure wasn't on the list was supposed to be blown to bits. guess they needed some dramatic elements thrown in there...

Edited by spiffytee

spiffy, there's 18 hours total to this season over 16 weeks (first and last episodes are 2 hours each). So technically there's 11 more hours to go, but it will be over the course of 9 episodes (nights). Gee, nothing about this show isn't complicated.

And I definitely think

Jughead went boom. That's what created this "sideways" reality.

I was reading an article somewhere (or was I watching it on TV?) that the writers are not worried that they will not answer all the questions that are being posed and they also do not plan to elaborate after the series is over. If I can find the article, I will post it here...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Richard is roughly

years old. Still pretty damn old. This episode was fantastic and I like how they split from the norm of this season and did a good ol' fashioned flashBACK episode.

So what do y'all think of the explanation Jacob gave of the island? Pretty mindblowing. I still hope we get an explanation as to HOW Jacob and MIB/Flocke became who/what they are. And who/what dictates all these rules they keep mentioning?!?!!?1?!?1 And if he's so damn powerful, why does Jacob need a replacement?

It was a really simple analogy wasn't it.

I think its more important round the characters?

and one of the reasons Jacob needs a replacement, is because

he lets men use their own judgement to see whether or not they are good or bad, case in point, when miles says to ben, that jacob was hoping he was wrong about ben as he killed him. where as MIB sees that man is corrupt.

^^fair enough. he sees his own death as eminent and must seek another guardian. very plausible...

Anyway, here's my take on S6E9: ab Aeterno "from the beginning"

The Good: Hugo Reyes: Speaker for the Dead. Richard's beach rant. Ilyana's extended flashback.

The Bad: Christalmighty, Jacob--enough w/ the metaphors! Give a bruva a straight answer for once! Grr. Shove that wine bottle up yer arse!

The Awesome: All things Ricardo Alpert! MIB gives the same speech about Jacob that Dogen gave Sayid about Smokey--WTF!?!? Hurley totally shutting down whiny Jack's demands on the beach.

Bonus: LOST opening credits set to the Buffy opening credits.

Doc Jensen from ew.com has once again blown mah mind w/ his crazy endgame theories. This one is a doozy:

If Smokey is a collection of dead Island souls, then who is Jacob? Simple! He, too, is the embodiment of dead souls. But whereas Smokey gets the adults, Jacob gets the children. And within his person, Jacob is also guided by two intelligences — two souls that never really got a chance to live, because they were still inside the womb when their mothers died on The Island. Those souls? They are bad fraternal twins, whose mothers died the same day Jughead was detonated:

Daniel Faraday, embryonic son of Eloise Hawking (so yes: TWO Faraday souls, or perhaps one split in half and shared between Smokey and his nemesis)…

And a boy named Jacob, who was the embryonic son of…

Juliet and Sawyer.

Or Jack and Kate.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
link fix

• 2 weeks later...

The island explodes then it fades to Desmond in a a shower talking about this weird dream he had and the camera pulls out to reveal the shower is in a snow globe owned by Hurley who is sitting in a restaurant with Tony Soprano then it fades to black right before Rachel proposes to Ross.

The island explodes then it fades to Desmond in a a shower talking about this weird dream he had and the camera pulls out to reveal the shower is in a snow globe owned by Hurley who is sitting in a restaurant with Tony Soprano then it fades to black right before Rachel proposes to Ross.

My apologies,was unaware a topic already existed on the great show.

That's one heck of an ending you've predicted there!

• 2 weeks later...

No worries, Choose Life.

The flash sideways seem to be pretty well planned out, and are making a lot of sense now.

Yeah, I knew all the sideways haters would have to eat humble pie in the end. This looks like a very promising last few episodes. The last three episodes have been so epic. Smokey is losing his shit, it seems...

^^Damn, that was such a good scene!

And I've already made peace w/ the fact I'll probably have to buy the S6 Blu-Ray set to get ALL the answers, or at least some of the minor ones. Darlton have said as much in their podcasts. One major "minor" mystery they've already mentioned that won't be answered in the show proper is who was dropping the

Dharma food palettes on the island.