Hondo's Bar

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Genroh

Mega Man is too boring for a fighting game?

SPOnG: The character roster means a lot to everyone playing the Marvel vs Capcom series, so you must get an awful lot of requests. My big question in this regard is Mega Man. You have Zero, but not the original. Where is he?

Ryota Niitsuma: I assume you’re talking about the original Mega Man. There was a Mega Man slot for this game - we had room for a character from that series. But when it came to the propriety of that character being in a fighting game, Mega Man has some problems.

If we were to adapt the original Mega Man character into a fighting game he would have to have a lot more extra moves and abilities, and that would then create a different Mega Man entirely. You couldn’t retain his original character as he is. So we looked into other Mega Mans, and decided that Zero had the best list of moves already in existence when it comes to fitting into a fighting game.

[...]

SPOnG: Is there a chance for rage-quitters to repent their actions after being sent into the chaos that is rage-quitter matchmaking? What if they see the light?

Ryota Niitsuma: It’s actually top secret to reveal the conditions in which you go to hell [laughs]! But we do have a means of repentance so if you don’t do it for a while you get to come out from this. If you don’t do it on purpose anyway, you’ll never end up in that place. So my advice in that regard would be to not bother [laughs].

Ryota Niitsuma: :fuckoff: to :megaman: .

Frank West was about finished, then cut.

Producer Ryota Niitsuma has explained that Frank was cut from the game's roster at a late stage, despite the work that had already been put into his character.

"As for Frank West, he was actually in the process quite deep, and in one of our high quality CG trailers he was actually part of it," Niitsuma told VideoGamer.com at the end of last week. "But we've taken him out, due to the fact that we've foreseen some extra work involved, just from the nature of his moves. We felt we could direct our resources to better use, so we've taken Frank out."

:thwack:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There better be more chars... Theyre significantly less chars than the last 1... upsetting. There's no telling with consoles connected to the internet now and consoles have been known to go beyond arcades in their ports; theres def a possibility of shuma gorath and iceman (sigh)

I'm absolutely luving Lei-Lei and Sentinel tho. That's gonna be mad sick... and broken -_-;

I love how theyre using everyones ORIGINAL music however... there's never been a remix to sentinel's or Lei-Lei's music.

Shuma and Jill will be available 4 weeks after the game comes out.

They will be $10 to anyone who didn't buy the Special Edition. Buying the SE only gives you the two for free (plus the metal case, 12 page comic and 1-month of marvel digital comics). Everyone will be able to get them.

Galactus boss fight footage.

EDIT: Well the CapCops took it down. There are livestreams online though as we speak. (Herald Akuma and Dormammu are beastly!)

Also confirmed Akuma, Sentinel, Hsien-Ko and Taskmaster (in that order) must be unlocked before you can use them. (that explains why they were the last reveals).

Archived