Hondo's Bar

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Genroh

Eh, most people see Moon Knight is generic (and really how do you advocate bug-fuck craziness in a fighting game?) but Iron Fist (and Power Man for that matter) should be obvious choices. Ghost Rider and Daredevil would make for interesting plays as well. Part of me hopes that Shuma Gorath and Blackheart are still about just for nostalgia's sake, but it's at least good to see that Capcom has finally moved past Onslaught.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from the confirmed/leaked list of characters to be there are some major characters that are missing (such as Iceman, Gambit, Rogue, Storm)

The game looks beautiful but w.t.f. mate.... oh and I know that the game is hardly finished but Iron man SERIOUSLY needs another Super move. and by god they better give Cap his Final Justice before I run over an innocent old lady in my rental car for 10000 pts @_@

I luv the new combo system making aircombos a team thing tho I hate the bounceofftheground combo system in general (wtf is that?)

But these graphix??? cant knock it at all homez..

Dr. Doom, Super Skrull, Chun-Li and Trish

<div style="width: 480px;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=701929"/><param'>http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=701929"/><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=701929" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object><div style="font-size: 10px; font-family: Verdana; text-align: center; width: 480px; padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; background-color: black; height: 32px;"><div><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com" title="GameTrailers.com">Video Games</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com/game/marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of/13062" title="Marvel vs Capcom 3: FTW">Marvel vs Capcom 3: FTW</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-10-marvel-vs/701929" title="SDCC 10: New Character Reveal Trailer HD">SDCC 10: New Character Reveal Trailer HD</a></div><div style="padding-top: 3px;"><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/" title="XBox 360">XBox 360</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://ps3.gametrailers.com/" title="PS3">Playstation 3</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://wii.gametrailers.com/" title="Wii">Nintendo Wii</a></div></div></div>

From the games producer, Ryota Niitsuma

• Ryota Niitsuma confirmed that these characters will NOT be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Phoenix Wright, Emma Frost, Daredevil, Gene from God Hand, Ghost Rider and Punisher.

• Ghost Rider was on the list of potential characters up until the end, but didn't make the cut and Punisher wasn't included because he was too similar to Chris Redfield. They developers were careful about not having characters who would overlap too much.

• Niitsuma didn't rule out more Comic-Con MvC3 announcements — although he said this before Thor and Amaterasu were confirmed.

• The current character select screen is not completely indicative of what the final character screen will look like. So counting the available slots won't get you far.

• Each stage is tied to at least some of the characters in the game. Later, Niitsuma was asked if that means Mega Man will be in the game because of the Mega Man Legends stage. He said he wouldn't go back on what he said previously, but fans will have to wait and see.

• Air dashing will be as similar to MvC2 as possible. Not every character will have one, but it will be close to what was in the previous game as far as how many fighters can perform it.

• An arcade version isn't planned, but if the reception to the game is good, an arcade release might pan out.

• Ryota recommended Ryu and Captain America as good characters to start off to learn the basics, but said that you should choose fighters based on if you like them and if their style of play fits you. He added that the game isn't that difficult to learn, so you should be OK using most of the roster.

• The 'Take You For a Ride' song might be returning. It's a popular tune and they did a few new arrangements on it, so we'll see if it ends up in the game.

• Capcom realizes the timer is running out quickly on players in these early builds, usually before they can K.O. someone — but the game is still being balanced and they're aware of this issue. Basically, if it continues to be a problem as the game progresses, expect a change.

• Trish is an advanced character and isn't recommended for beginning players.

Also...

500x_shirt.jpg

Spider-Man and Viewtiful Joe silhouettes at 00:23-00:26.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

She seems pretty God Tier (corny pun totally intended).

Horrible English voice dub...

Fair point on the Punisher. Shame about Ghost Rider though, that would have made for an awesome character. I can understand no Daredevil or Emma Frost and as awesome as it would've been I can understand no Phoenix Wright. But goddamn it they could've given us Gene, I mean sure they gave us the other 2 Clover Studios main characters but Gene was practically made for this and he could've offset someone like say Iron Fist.

Returning characters I still want to see:

Blackheart (I guess Dormammu will be filling this role)

Cyclops

Juggernaut

Magneto

Sentinel (otherwise, how will I be able to win?)

Shuma-Gorath (This and Blackheart are most likely not happening)

Spider-Man (they're starting to make me nervous with this)

Storm

Thanos

Venom

Akuma (a given)

B.B. Hood

Cammy

Captain Commando

Dhalsim

Guile

Bison (for him... it was tuesday)

Mega Man

Servbot (I couldn't give less of a fuck about Tron Bonne or the rest of the MM:Legends crew but dammit I'll be sad if I don't get to play as LEGO Man again)

Strider (I've a feeling him, Hayato, and Jin probably aren't going to make it this time around.)

New characters I want to see:

Sir Arthur from Ghost and Goblins

Maximo from Maximo

Ryu, Katt, Rand, or Garr from Breath of Fire

Iron Fist

Luke Cage

Dr. Strange (No less than 3 of his villains have appeared in his series now, it's time to put up)

Silver Surfer

Sentry

Green Goblin

Ronin

Moon Knight

Mack the Knife (AKA Mummy Commando) from Captain Commando

Samonosuke from Onimusha

Frank West from Dead Rising

Mayor Mike Haggar from Final Fight

Zero

Characters I want but I know I'll never see:

Machine Man

Howard the Duck

Man-Thing

Norimaro

M-11 from Agents of Atlas (Any of the Agents of Atlas really)

Nick Fury

i'll admit, i thought panch was crazy at first, but at this point, the lack of :panch: is kinda alarming...DO YOUR JOB! anyway, my kingdom for a Moon Knight.

i too get the point @ punisher, but if it was easy enough last time to just put in bone-claw :wolvy:, why is basically a skin change discouraged? i mean, kids love a huge roster, and the work's already done, just like with Frank West.

Ghost Rider would've been badass indeed. sad about Godhand/Killer 7 but i was so surprised to see Ammy, im content as it is (Los' video looked awesome!). really assuming Mega Man & some of your list are givens, but i guess we don't know yet...ima raise hell if Strider gets dropped, though. still...you gotta be happy about Super Skrull, right? it's...it's kind've like you're getting the FF, only, not.

I suppose Super Skrull is the economic way of getting Fantastic Four in this game, so I support it. And Killer 7 hasn't been vetoed, of course it's still got less of a shot than say Slapstick or ROM the Space Knight of getting into the game.

If you check my last post, in the video (00:23) the Marvel silhouettes clearly shows Spider-Man in his taunt pose and (at 00:26) Viewtiful Joe.

Viewtiful Joe is there and that is Spider-Man's taunt pose, but I still don't think it's enough to say it's Spidey outright. I need to see a screen shot, game play, something! Why are they being so secretive with some characters?

"Ryota Niitsuma confirmed that these characters will NOT be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Phoenix Wright, Emma Frost, Daredevil, Gene from God Hand, Ghost Rider and Punisher."

Fuck you Capcom, I really wanted Daredevil in this, and Ghost Rider should of been in there too. Right now on Marvel side I am not too thrilled only new guy is Deadpool and Thor. I hope no one else from MvC2 makes it, I want a new fucking roster this time. Also since I am here, what you guys going to main? So far my team looks like Doom, Chris, and Hulk or Doom, Chris or Dante (I really don't want to play with him but the man looks like my play style).

Well, the end of that string of Japanese Characters translates to sutikku•foo(as in four not food) so does that mean that some or all of the Fantastic Four will be in the game too? With Galactus being the boss, and Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer and Super Skrull also looped in, we're gonna get a game that's really heavy on the FF storyline.

I dunno, maybe I'm missing something.

Having the Fantastic Four as well as The Super Skrull would be redundant so I doubt they'll appear. Good to see Silver Surfer finally made it though. Hoping this means that Thanos will return as well. How will the Galactus battle work? Will you be battling his shoes or are they just going to greatly reduce him in size until he barely resembles to the character he's supposed to like the Sentinel? (Also, I'm still holding out for Sentinel's return. Or else I'll never beat this game. Never)

Comic-con details round up.

• Capcom is thinking about doing a demo for MvC3, but they're not sure what form it would take at this point.

• Seth Killian said the whole cast is almost finalized at this point, but there could be a switch or two.

• It was stated again that the Fantastic Four will not be playable characters.

• Balance issues will not plague Marvel vs. Capcom 3, like they did MvC2.

• Every character in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will have their own ending in story mode. These endings will feature other characters from the Marvel and Capcom franchises — even people that aren't playable like Ghost Rider and Man-Thing.

• Amaterasu can change her weapon to alter her attacks depending on what she wants to do. She also has a Hyper move that slows down time and makes it possible to land some combos that wouldn't be possible otherwise.

• Felicia currently has the smallest hitbox in the game, even smaller than Amaterasu, so she can walk under certain Hyper moves and attacks.

• Chun-Li has low stamina right now, but her Lightning Legs are great and she has an outstanding rush down game.

• Character themes will be returning. There will be new songs and updated old favorites in the game. Music has a very techno/dance feel to it so far. Some character themes are recycled from older Marvel and Street Fighter games.

• Depending on the characters you choose, they'll say different things to each other — basically, there is team recognition. If you pick a squad made up of The Avengers, there's specific dialogue related to that.

Seth said it's too early to say for sure if alternative costumes will be in MvC3, but he thought it was a good idea. [Editor's note: Coupled with other statements previously made, this more than likely means they'll be in the game.]

Goddamn it Seth! There better be a Beta Ray Bill alt for Thor if you're going to start throwing info/rumors like that.

New Dante vid from Comic-con.

All character leak lists thus far are WRONG.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived