17. UNCANNY AVENGERS #1 UNCANNY VAR NOW $3.99
  18. UNCANNY AVENGERS #1 YOUNG BABY VAR NOW $3.99

EIGHTEEN VARIANTS

THERE'S EVEN A VARIANT OF A VARIANT

INCEPTION-LEVEL MARKETING

WE NEED TO GO DEEPER(in your wallet)

MEANWHILE AT DC

cDQ49.jpg

Pfft. Wolvie - 1, Cap - 0. Argument over. Little Jimmy knows Cap's fighting style very well, and he doesn't have as many moral qualms. Cap is clever, so he might figure out a way to temporarily restrain him, but that's probably about the best he could hope for.

yeah, last 2 fights went poorly for cap.

wolverine origins: severs cap's femoral artery, fight has to stop so he can receive medical attention

AvX: wolvy nearly eviscirates him in his first swipe, hank has to push him out of an airlock

i love cap, but he teams up with :wolvy: way better than he squares off against him. last i can recall him winning was millar (?) during ultimate war, where he said "james?" and logan went "barou?!" like scooby-doo and then shot him with a machine gun that put wolvy to sleep or something

i love cap, but he teams up with :wolvy: way better than he squares off against him. last i can recall him winning was millar (?) during ultimate war, where he said "james?" and logan went "barou?!" like scooby-doo and then shot him with a machine gun that put wolvy to sleep or something

That was Ultimate Xmen V Ultimates, It's collected as part of the Ultimate Xmen run. *checks bookshelf* indeed Millar, and you're right. the trade's called Ultimate War. Apologies. It sounded like you were talking about some Loeb X-over shit.

• 2 weeks later...

man i cant remember when Zeck was a regular on anything, maybe loggins will.

baytor - i know mask is prolly more iconic but sock monkey has this cult following for years now...i honestly think the latter prolly brings them in more money, easily. Tony Millionaire is awesome man, if for nothing else that Drinky Crow.

He did the first _ issues of the first Secret Wars series which captivated me as a kid but he must have had trouble even then because he was then replaced by Bob Layton who following on from the sweet forms of Zeck jolted the visual senses of at least one ten year old. I recently .read a blog entry by Shooter where he described Layton as butchering Secret Wars.

Zeck had a big hand in kickstarting the Punisher's career. His artwork in the initial mini series was astounding but once again the fifth and final issue was drawn by someone else.

haha, poor Layton. i still want a TPB of Secret Wars 1.

see the earliest i remember Punisher getting a valid go was that Eye for an Eye trade i have somewhere, with his origin & Jim Lee on the art. ive got older issues (i love the random shit - "Punisher vs US navy", or that one with the cover ripped off from Stallone's supermarket fight in Cobra, etc) but i got the 80s fucked up in my head and thought that mini was what finally got him going? i forget.