Hondo's Bar

True Blood

The NZA

True Blood Character Poll  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

404px-Truebloodposter.jpg

Thanks to a Japanese scientist's invention of synthetic blood, vampires have progressed from legendary monsters to fellow citizens overnight. And while humans have been safely removed from the menu, many remain apprehensive about these creatures "coming out of the coffin." Religious leaders and government officials around the world have chosen their sides, but in the small Louisiana town of Bon Temps, the jury is still out.

Local waitress Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), however, knows how it feels to be an outcast. "Cursed" with the ability to listen in on people's thoughts, she's also open-minded about the integration of vampires — particularly when it comes to Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer), a handsome 175-year-old living up the road. But as Sookie is drawn into a series of mysteries surrounding Bill's arrival in Bon Temps, that tolerance will be put to the test.

yeah, plot sounds iffy, but 10 episodes in, its holding up pretty well. Once you can suspend your belief of vamps in normal society (Buffy fans will do well here), the show has some fun with other ideas, too.

Louisiana's a fun place to explore/revisit such mythologies, though some've complained about the southern/cajun accents - i for one havent especially minded, Anna Paquin's been at least more consistent than she was as Rogue. The series is also clearly going (at least this season) for the "who's really a monster" angle, which can be fun, but doesnt excuse the vamps either. Personally, the more it gets into their culture, the more i'm interested, though im hoping it covers more original territory as it goes; so far, there's times it echoes the Angel/Buffy thing in that one of them seems to have emotions, while the others are often 2-dimensional horrible creatures, though its managed to keep itself interesting looking at them as well.

Anyway, me & sen have been catching this one after Dexter, just wanted to see if anybody else'd tried it out.

It's crazy you posted this a day after I went on like an 8 hour watching spree after downloading this show. I'm really liking it so far, I was a Buffy fan so it's not hard to get used to the vamp thing. It's not anything to be taken too seriously, I think... I feel like the producers just said something along the lines of "R rated sexy vampire hoodoo" and the writers came up with this. I love the idea of the vampires having their own system of law apart from the humans, and how thats gonna develop with them having come out in society. I haven't watched this last episode yet, but I will tonight :-D

P.S. Maybe I'm just a fangbanger but Stephen Moyer is the sexiest vampire ever!

1219957833_6641.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, id bang 'im.

season finale was a doozy, you kinda saw some of it coming but

the changleing shit next season should be interesting. fucking shame if lafayette's gone, though.

didnt know this was by the writers of six feet under, either.

• 1 month later...

I honestly loved it. I'm infatuated with Vampires... Have been Idk why. Plus the Hollywood versions are so sexy and who wouldn't want to be eternally hot and have super human powers? I do I do.

Anyways... the country accents pissed me off a bit. But once I was passed that I feel in love. And was super happy that I didn't watch it when it started so I had a few to watch in a row. I didn't want to leave my house, but had to because friend duty called.

• 5 months later...

i am too, thus far its definitely moving along better than season 1 did early on, i like the building.

i so called that bitch on being a witch, she was straight chanting in her head! she needs to leave my dog sam alone, though. also: lafayette, the vamp? craziness!

i so called that bitch on being a witch, she was straight chanting in her head! she needs to leave my dog sam alone, though. also: lafayette, the vamp? craziness!

SRSLY!! In regards to

Lafayette

, I really wasn't expecting that from him at all. As for the first part, Cj and I called it, too. That crazy whore!

• 1 month later...

man, this cant be just me, bish, sen & MH on this season, its been really good.

sookie's still dumb as rocks, but the church arc with godrick (assuming everyone survived the blast?) was good, eric's really coming into being a cool character, more interesting this season than bill so far.

tara's still just as dumb, but im watching mainly for my dog Sam. dude knows he's up against basically dionysus/lilith and he's decided not to back down regardless...you know, when he gets out of lockup.

stoopid heart-eating/feeding whore's gotta die, fuck immortality!

man, this cant be just me, bish, sen & MH on this season, its been really good.

sookie's still dumb as rocks, but the church arc with godrick (assuming everyone survived the blast?) was good, eric's really coming into being a cool character, more interesting this season than bill so far.

tara's still just as dumb, but im watching mainly for my dog Sam. dude knows he's up against basically dionysus/lilith and he's decided not to back down regardless...you know, when he gets out of lockup.

stoopid heart-eating/feeding whore's gotta die, fuck immortality!

FUCK YEAH!!

Also,I feel so bad for Andy Bellefleur. If only he would put on a clean shirt, swish some mouthwash, and stop carrying around a beer bottle like it's his replacement badge.... then maybe they would take what he's saying more seriously.

Also, Boogie... I say get it! I recommend it for purchase. Every episode ends on a cliffhanger, and having all the discs at hand to watch straight through is a definite win. <3

• 2 weeks later...

2_fanboy_1.gif

OH SNAP LAST EPISODE CRAZY SHIT

im shocked, they made me like jason stackhouse and give a fuck about terra again. lafayette is the man, bill got chumped, and Sam still fucking owns.

what're we, 2-3 eps left? BITCH IS GOIN DOWN LIKE A LADY OF THE EVEING

she really is good at making me hate her though; its funny how everywhere online, people are complaining how much they despise her - exactly, that's why she's making a good villain. some surprising acting this season, too.

haha nice.

man, sen's right, its like theye decided to make Bill a chump this season, he cant get pinned down by enough broads. i so think this last episode shouldve ended with the bas line of thriller going in the background, though.

now we know how to kill the bitch! i swear, sam better walk away from this and get blowjobs from everyone in town.