Hondo's Bar

True Blood

The NZA

True Blood Character Poll  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

yeah, i just finished yesterday and i'm halfway through season 2 (much better than s1, like you guys said). and i have to say, you're totally right that the least interesting thing about the show is

sookie and bill. i've actually been catching myself having to go back because when they're together alone, i tend to stop paying attention and start thinking about chores i have to do or what not.

but jesus christ am i happy that they don't make sookie into a helpless fucking woman with no sense of self-preservation. i fucking HATE when shows/movies do that (human centipede, i'm looking at you)!

yeah, i just finished yesterday and i'm halfway through season 2 (much better than s1, like you guys said). and i have to say, you're totally right that the least interesting thing about the show is

sookie and bill. i've actually been catching myself having to go back because when they're together alone, i tend to stop paying attention and start thinking about chores i have to do or what not.

but jesus christ am i happy that they don't make sookie into a helpless fucking woman with no sense of self-preservation. i fucking HATE when shows/movies do that (human centipede, i'm looking at you)!

hahaha, yeah when you told me you loved

rene's character the best, i was like oh boy... dude's the serial killer who murdered Granny!!!

yeah, I agree Sooookie's not such a helpless woman, she's sassy and a bitch sometimes, which is awesome. Keep watching season is really fun stuff.

Anyone catch the season finale?

IT SUCKED DONKEY BALLS!!! Seriously that episode stank up the joint. I'm not feeling too keen on a fourth season now tbh.

hehe

, I agree to an extent. I mean cool shit happened, but it definitely didnt deliver. I'm hoping my wish of Tara getting the fuck off of the series will come true. I think season 4 will be better though. also I read the Russel will be coming back in ssn 4 at some point, so thats something to look forward to.

Yeah I like the way they

didn't end up killing Russell. The fans would've been pissed. Sookies creepy ass laugh as she poured Talbot down the sink was probably the scariest in this show so far.

Oh and Bill is a bad guy after all! The sneaky fucker! Must admit that was an awesome twist. Should have seen it coming. What the hells up with Sam shooting his own brother? I agree with what Nick said earlier on about him just turning into an asshole overnight. Seems rushed.

I don't want to see

Russel come can so soon. He's a good 'vague but menacing threat somewhere in the far-off' villian like Apocalypse is to the Xmen when done right. Bill going native was cool but, thanks to the 'spoiler sisters' not altogether unexpected. Not that things played out that exact way in the book, apparently.

Sam's whole thing? He's only just met these people, not to mention after numerous attempts to help 'em they fuck him every which way possible. Take it from someone meeting siblings for the first time as adults- blood will only get you so far before you're just another cunt.

Agreed that this was just about the worst season finale in history(Exempting Scrubs because as far as they were concerned it was a series finish and maybe doing a fairytale was their PG-13 version of burning the motherfucker down), but unlike Crim I want to see more.

Ideally Tara will GTFO which is second best to her and her mum both meeting a fucking bullet, Jesus will learn it's uncool to call yourself a witch when you're a dude and start calling himself a 'mage' or a 'warlock', and Hoyt's mum's accidentally guns down her own own little Glee club suitorette.

Oh, and something, anything terrible happens to Jason Stackhouse. His new turn reminds me a lot of Transmetropolitan's Fred Christ.

It has gotten to the stage where I actually like very few of the characters in it now. Not in the way that they're a villain but an interesting one like Russell but I just plain can't fucking stand them.

Bill, Sookie, Tara, Sam, Tommy, Arlene, Jason and Letty May are all thoroughly uninteresting and need to go away and die.

Eric, Russell, Lafayette, maybe Jesus, Hoyssica (geddit?), Pam, Terry, Nan Flanagan, Alcide, Sophie-Ann (beyond loveliness) and maybe Andy Bellefleur for comedic value can all go and form their own spinoff with sexy results. Also find a way to unstove Rene's skull just because.

Regarding the Season 3 finale:

I'm not sure why Crim has so much hate for it. Admittedly it was a bit of a let down after the previous episode, which just rocked the fucking house. My main complaint about it is that it literally gave a cliffhanger for EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER! It's called a finale--give some fucking resolution!

* Agreed that Sookie's laugh as she trash-compacted the remains of Talbot was the creepiest of the series--by far!

* Charred Russel is almost as awesomely funny as non-charred Russel. Eric's vengeance on him was probably one oft he cruelest things to happen on this show.

* I think Bill's throwing Eric in the cement was a great twist. I think we're meant to think Bill is really "evil" but I believed what he said to Sookie about loving her. However, I thought the writers were fuckin' cheap for throwing Eric into the cement only to bring him back five minutes later. Also, how Eric "dealt" w/ Bill's betrayal seemed a bit cavalier--even for Eric.

* How has no one mentioned Angel Godric? WTF? Vampire Angel's!?!?! On second thought, maybe Crim is right and this show HAS jumped the shark... ditto for all things Jason. And aside from crazy vampire rapist/kidnapper, ditto for Tara. These two characters really had some uninteresting story-lines this season.

* However, I'll end on a high (pun!) note--Lafayette! He's gon' learn him some magic next season! I'm on board for that. And his creepy Renee flash was..um..super creepy.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Noone mentioned it because it was fucking retarded. I'd've reacted stronger to Harvey, bunnysuit and all.

I wish

Franklin was still around. Russel's crazy was funny for like, a minute, but the big F was always good for a laugh, not in the least because it's funnier to pretend Crim's this unhinged Aussie Vampire with a blood-slicked grasp on reality

Exactly my point, JZA. For all the mentions of Jason and Tara hatred that plot device was just out of this world fucking lame yet totally glossed over. Way more lame than...

...Jason becoming leader of an inbred shanty town of shape-shifters. Well, OK, maybe both are equal in their lameness...and Franklin got what he deserved. Not really seeing the Crim resemblance though.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Heh. Lopsided spoiler tag is inspirational.

A lotta people here do, so it's not just me. Regarding Tara & Jason, they & their respective stories are so fucking lame their union probably produces Forrest Gump, or something. Tara's probably gonna be gone for the first few eps and come back a few eps into season 4 as /shockhorror/ a vampire hunter, or a Lycan, or who fucking knows what?!

Either way it will be pointless, and if Sam's still around they'll probably fuck.

JZA, if Tara came back mid-S4 as a vampire hunter that'd actually be cool. But I don't see that happening. She'll probably get tracked down by Lafayette and his new witchy ways or something.

Crim, I agree TWD can't air soon enough, but I think you're writing the show off way too easily. I mean, you practically went gay over Russel Edgington a page or so ago. I'm sure this show has plenty more spicy supernatural melodrama to serve up.

Heh. Lopsided spoiler tag is inspirational.

Heh. Fixed now. That's like the Web equivalent of having your fly undone. :yup:

That predicates the possibility that everyone looking was honestly curious about your junk, for it to be a spoiler. Fine, I was

Crim's going to be eating his own words by ep 3/ season 4. The best way I could relay the season finale to a fence-sitting friend who's seen the first two seasons was this: It's like they had this masterful plan all written beautifully, then Jeph Loeb came in with magic markers and drew cocks with the Superman logo all over the pages. When it came time to execute, they interpreted what they could but it mostly came out like arse.

finally saw it.

1) fuckashane, sam's still interesting...JZA might have a point, dude had a long past before getting here (how long has he set up shop there for again?), and honestly, its bad enough that its backwater south, shit keeps happening and i can kinda sympathize with his "not my problem" stance. he totally shot the air/kid's leg at the worse is my bet, unless he's totally shark-jumping.

2) peace, tara. turns out you were smart after all.

3) lafayette the dark (GET IT?) mage will highlight s4.

4) Godrick's not a fucking angel; eric's conscious is tugging at him. i took it as the obvious route, anyway, unless we're looking at the next highlander 2 :ill:

5) bwahaha Jason's now the shaman of inbredvlle. this is what happens when you've got no other angles for a character.

6) bill just got a lot more interesting.

Regarding Sam-

I wanted to say a knee shot'd be the way to go, admittedly harsh to fuck with the kid's livelihood as a racehorse/fight dog but better than the head. Thing is we got no scream to denote he was shot anywhere but, and though I know TB is fond of it's classic 'retconning the cliffhanger' tq I'd hope that it'd move past it. Airshot is just needlessly tease too though.

finally saw it.

1) fuckashane, sam's still interesting...JZA might have a point, dude had a long past before getting here (how long has he set up shop there for again?), and honestly, its bad enough that its backwater south, shit keeps happening and i can kinda sympathize with his "not my problem" stance. he totally shot the air/kid's leg at the worse is my bet, unless he's totally shark-jumping.

2) peace, tara. turns out you were smart after all.

3) lafayette the dark (GET IT?) mage will highlight s4.

4) Godrick's not a fucking angel; eric's conscious is tugging at him. i took it as the obvious route, anyway, unless we're looking at the next highlander 2 :ill:

5) bwahaha Jason's now the shaman of inbredvlle. this is what happens when you've got no other angles for a character.

6) bill just got a lot more interesting.

Re. your comment on Eric's conscience...

...Angel Godric as his conscience makes no sense! Granted, a vampire angel makes about as much sense, but that's what he was supposed to be. Also, if LiteBrite Godric was Eric's conscience then why did he immediately decide on a punishment worse than the "true death" for Russel? Eric even said as the Godric Angel appeared by the cement truck that he thinks the true death might bring Russel peace, and Eric instead wants him to suffer.

Lindsay, what, you no like

cemetery fae teleportation? :D

...Angel Godric as his conscience makes no sense! Granted, a vampire angel makes about as much sense, but that's what he was supposed to be. Also, if LiteBrite Godric was Eric's conscience then why did he immediately decide on a punishment worse than the "true death" for Russel? Eric even said as the Godric Angel appeared by the cement truck that he thinks the true death might bring Russel peace, and Eric instead wants him to suffer.

couldn't he have just not listened to his conscience? i know it's a weird show, but taking "vampire angel" over his jimminy cricket still feels like a jump.

Lindsay, what, you no like

cemetery fae teleportation? :D

j5wf94.jpg

Actually watched it again to see if I would hate it as much the second time round. I didn't but it was still very lacking. The last two season finales were punchy and comprehensively tied up the season in a nice bow with maybe a taster of whats to come in the next season. It just didn't get me all that excited about season 4.