Hondo's Bar

True Blood

The NZA

True Blood Character Poll  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Latest episode broken down into pros and cons. Lots o' spoilers. Hits the nail on the head in pretty much everything especially the

Meloniness. He was just awesome.

All in all, plot wise it was a slow ep, but it did have some really entertaining stuff in it.

Pam's backstory has been a long time coming. Hopefully more develops, but I have a feeling it'll come at the expense of Tara time

Nothing surprising in that ep.

Edgingtons being brought back to health. My moneys on the wolves or fundamentalist vamps breaking him out. He didn't look like he had enough strength to walk let alone bust through concrete and silver chains.

The Authority were a bit of a let down. I was expecting a bunch of besuited yuppy vampires but the whole religious aspect to them is kinda lame.

I almost groaned out loud when Tara did her whole "Ah'll never furgive ya'll" thing. Tara burning with inner resentment and bitterness over something awful that happened to her by/to those she loved? Nah never. That's never been done before. I was foolishly hoping they'd throw us a curveball and have her enjoy being a vampire and realising she's been a whining cunt since episode 1 season 1.

I'm liking Terrys Iraq post-traumatic storyline but I'll be very pissed off if it turns out he or someone in his squad was a pyromancer or somesuch. Not everyone needs a supernatural angle for fucks sake!

Not only do the terrible fake Southern accents become worse each season, they're apparently getting worse by each episode.A

Arlene: I've gawt keyds.

WTF is a keyd? And why do you have more than one?

I liked crazy vampire Tara. I hope she kills Sookie. She's officially my least favorite character on the show now. That awful speech she gave Lafayete to talk him out of staking Tara put her in that spot for me.

The Authority stuff was meh. Kudos on the closing song though. Too bad they used an awful pseudo-goth cover rather than the original. I guess Mellancamp's version was too peppy?

I agree w/ Crim in that a non-supernatural storyline for Terry would welcome, but not likely knowing these writers. Also, it looks like they're gonna drag out Debs murder as well.

And the writing on this is just getting plain bad. "Sam, I'm in the middle of doing a horrible job tending your wounds, but let suddenly leave the room to go check on my daughter as to leave you alone so something dramatic can happen to you while you're alone."

Edgington's make-up was gruesome. I can't wait to see what shit he starts. I guess these Sanguanistas were the ones that freed him and are feeding him.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 2 weeks later...

i think im gonna let this seaosn pass then check back with kertins/you guys to see if i missed anything worth seeing.

Unless Russel starts kicking ass, my short answer is: no. Five episodes in to this season and I'm wondering why I even bother watching. And I love how they ran out of supernatural things to turn people in to/torment people with, so they had to go to Middle Eastern mythology. Next season Ezekial Silverstein's deli opens in Bon Temps and Alciede is given a cursed pastrami sandwich that causes him to turn in to a golem.

Agreed^. The writing in this is getting... ridiculous.

They're gonna get that poor guy killed who's helping them find Russel. And he won't even get to see the big apple! /GROAN

And while Terry's story is getting a bit crazy, it's still the most interesting. And it looks like they are gonna retread Jason's vampire hating stuff.

Ugh there are too many fucking plots to keep up with.

My complaint isn't necessarily too many plotlines, it's too many uninteresting and poorly written and paced plotlines...

Faerie club? Yawn.

Iraqi smoke monster? WTF?

Masked rednecks kill shifters? Trite and random.

Lafayette don't like bein' no witch! Didn't we do that last season?

Jason find out vamps killed his parents and hates vamps? Been there, done that.

Tara comes to grips w/ being a vampire? I liked it better the first time when the vamp was Jessica.

The only plotline keeping me tuned in is this Sanganista movement and the return of Russel. And they're really kind of handling that clumsily. Let's see where it goes though. Maybe it'll get better. :???:

• 2 weeks later...

Can't blame folks for sleeping on this season. Last ep was fun, but still disappointing

You can't kill Meloni yet! Motherfucker didn't get a chance to shine as much as he should have. He was the coolest character this season so far! Although "Peace is for Pussies" is probably the best line of the show yet.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, Brundel Sam had a flawless finish there. But the rest of the show outside of the Authority compound was just so boring. And they don't even know what to do w/ Lafayette anymore. He's been a glorified waitress the last three episode.

Billith vs. Eric would be the only reason I'd likely watch next season now that Russel is gone. Well, also for possible Pam/Tara lez action.

It's like they had 2 different writers for bill and Tara and were like "Y'all are switching places this season". I'm actually tolerating Tara.

Lafayette had some great moments though, despite no storyline (which, to be fair, was wrapped up).

There's alot of things I could've done without this season though, too many to list (too obvious to list I'm sure too). I don't like the major story cliffhangers at the end of a season, but if they have a whole season to flesh that story out more, then I'll come back. We didn't even find out who the fuck Worlo (sp? I dont care) was. I mean, we did a little, but that part felt really unfinished, so I hope they at least revisit that.