Hondo's Bar

Music Blargh?

Special K

Nevermind...it's serious. Mother of god.

Ol' Becky Black is a fountain of talent in comparison. She's also trying to make a career out of it, so she deserves harsher criticism.

I have a joke or comment after nearly every line or scene in this song. I can break it down in exhausting detail.

What the hell is that guitarist playing?

Shit's catchy tho.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know where to put this, but it's gotta be somewhere. Not "I <3 Hip hop", because it may imply that I love Li'l Wayne. I do not.

But I love his sudden bout of amnesia.

Would be better if it were edited the other way around, starting with the refusals and ending with the open hostility.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

That was pretty cool.

Warning: slightly drunken self centered babble ahead.

I think people tend to underestimate how difficult it is to make a simple, clean, efficient little beat. I've been casually fucking around with a few programs for a while now, and when all of the tools are presented to you the first instinct is to start doing really complex shit with all these different tracks. That one had 5, maybe even 4 tracks.

It's much harder to do something refined like that than it is to layer a bunch of twinkle drops and shit. It's like the first time I ever made my own map in Build engine. The first instinct is to make a big room and fill it with a ton of enemies. Then you quickly realize that it isn't fun or good, so you learn to use your tools efficiently.

I haven't learned this very well yet, but I've fucked with it enough to recognize when someone has.

So I came here to post this video. I have no idea why it works.

Chi Cheng, bassist for the Deftones, Dead at 42

“Our dearest Family,

This is the hardest thing to write to you. Your love and heart and devotion to Chi was unconditional and amazing. I know that you will always remember him as a giant of a man on stage with a heart for every one of you. He was taken to the emegency [sic] room and at 3 am today his heart just suddenly stopped. He left this world with me singing songs he liked in his ear.

He fought the good fight.You stood by him sending love daily. He knew that he was very loved and never alone. I will write more later. I will be going through the oneloveforchi and any other information may not be reliable. If you have any stories or messages to share please send them to the onelove site. Please hold Mae and Ming and the siblings and especially Chi’s son, Gabriel in your prayers. It is so hard to let go.

With great love and “Much Respect!” Mom J (and Chi)”

HornsUpRocksChiCheng_zpsec413b08.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Happy Birthday Copyright Ruled Invalid

The world's most popular English language song is potentially free from copyright after a federal judge ruled on Tuesday that filmmakers challenging Warner Chappel Music's hold on "Happy Birthday to You" should be granted summary judgment.

According to the opinion on Tuesday from U.S. District Judge George H. King, "Because Summy Co. never acquired the rights to the Happy Birthday lyrics, Defendants, as Summy Co.’s purported successors-in-interest, do not own a valid copyright in the Happy Birthday lyrics."

The ruling means that Warner/Chappell will lose out on $2 million a year in reported revenue on the song. Unless something happens at an appellate court or unless someone else comes forward with a valid claim of ownership to the song, filmmakers like director Jennifer Nelson — who sued in 2013 over demands as much as six figures to license — will no longer have to pay to feature "Happy Birthday" in motion pictures and television shows.

• 2 months later...