Hondo's Bar

i ♥ hip-hop

The NZA

e1Pbhl.jpg

Slaughterhouse (Buddens, Royce etc) and Yelawolf officially signed to Shady records, so you'll be hearing more of them soon.

and now for your daily GFK troll, @ the single i put up yesterday so hot no one could comment on it yet:

Ayo whattup its the Great White Shark aka Brother Starks nahmean! Ayo the god was high atop his throne on Olympus when a nigga seen the bat signal up in the clouds nahmeans. Ayo the gargoyles that sit in a nigga palace begin to utter the words BROTHER STARKS BROTHER STARKS YA PEOPLES AWAIT YOU NIGGA NAHMEANS…n yo a nigga hop upon his pegasus wieldin a lightnin bolt nahmeans. Thats real nigga shit. These faggot next generation niggas aint be doin no colossal shit like that namsayin. Nah these niggas hop out they little bunk beds they be sharin with they brothers or sisters n be callin niggas for rides namsayin. But ayo bein that this some fly shit that the brotha Rae cooked up for yalls on his stove n shit a nigga had to bless this joint n make the shit real official namsayin. Word yo n me n the brotha Rae was workin on a joint project together last year namsayin. Lotta yall niggas aint know nothin bout that tho nahmean. Ayo the shit was gon be called Iron Chef nahmeans. Word yo IRON CHEF. N yo this shit gon blow yalls wigs back but the joint was originally gon be called Watch The Thrones nahmeans. Thats Watch The THRONES namsayin. N yo yalls niggas already know that the nigga Ye n that nigga Jay got they album comin out with a similar title n shit. But yo me n the chef had that little title first nahmeans. Word but yalls already know the god a nigga that like to appropriate correct grammars n shit when he be doin his thing. Hence the usage of plurals n shit. Meanwhile the niggas Ye n Jigga be on some singular shit namasayin. Now I aint sayin they on no homo shit but how 2 niggas gon share 1 throne nahmeans? Ayo the gods had 1 throne a piece but these niggas on some stingy shit only coppin 1 throne namsayin. Niggas gon sit on that muthafucka side by side? Word bond. Or like how that gon look when yall know that that nigga Jay gon definitely be sittin in that muthafucka. Meanwhile the nigga Ye gon be standin next to that shit? Nah yall do yalls own algebra but Im tellin yalls niggas that some peculiar shit right there namsayin. Word bond. So yo me n the nigga Chef we done recorded bout 200 or so joints n we was only gon pick the the best 8 joints namsayin. Cos the shit was gon be a EP nahmeans. But we knew that if we did 200 joints that they wasnt all gon be fire. But if niggas chopped the heads off the less potent joints we was gon have some quality shit. Word yo the shit we put together was some phantom of the opera meets Tron shit. Which yall already know sound kinda familiar nahmeans. Yo the god aint even gon say it. But yall know that HAM shit sound a lot like what a nigga be talkin bout right now nahmeans. But yo niggas had lightning bolts n thunder sounds n shit. Word yo n the nigga RZA cooked up a beat that had 30 baboons on the hook! From Angola n shit. Word yo nigga had baboons from Angola in the booth screamin n boxin each other n shit. Shit was wild son. Matter fact them PETA niggas show up n confiscated the monkeys n shit. Niggas sent a cease n desist joint to prevent niggas from usin the joint n shit. But thats neither here nor there. And bein that the nigga Andre Harrell got his little relationship wit Jay n Ye n them niggas of a higher precedence than my shit with Rae the niggas got the jump on niggas wit they shit. But ya know…niggas aint mad or nothin so we wish niggas prosperity n shit. Word. Yall have that title. The Iron Chef joint tho yalls niggas cant conceptualize no shit like that. Nah cos yalls would be some shit like ‘Ye-Z’. That muthafucka aint got no special ring to it namsayin. Word yo I aint even gon say no more.

Aight peace.

Oh my god! So fuckin' hilarious! That dude is perfect. Wow! As for the joint? I was feeling it, but got frustrated when the link to download was acting up. Shits already difficult on my phone, but when i tried for 30 mins and nothing, I just gave up. The pic with Rae and the kid on the phone was priceless! That pic stole the show anyways.

MAN, IT'S ABOUT TIME ROYCE GOT HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS AND JOINED SHADY! Dude came up with slim in the rap game, but separated himself cause he wanted to do it on his own. Years later, Em's a multi-millionare and Royce is mixtaping it up. Nothing wrong with wanting to make it on your own, but Em extended his hand before and Royce spit on him. For a small time they had beef (well to be fair, Slim never dissed him, it was mostly D-12. I think the problem was Royce was pissed that those wack asses were making money and he, with amazing skill, was struggling). Whatever, this makes me VERY HAPPY! Now they can make Bad Meets Evil 2!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AauzjuDh3c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AauzjuDh3c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AauzjuDh3c?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by Panch

new Timbaland/Missy joint, it's alright, i was just looking for something since i couldnt get up jumps the boogie outta my head.

also, since Yelawolf isnt so well known here (old freestyles of his flow like a white Twista, i swear), i thought id post something of his:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-FIBHClo5w?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-FIBHClo5w?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-FIBHClo5w?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

man, that DJ Khaled "Welcome to my hood" team effort thing sounds just as bad as the last one...i wish he'd release whatever he was supposed to be doing with Ye, so i could support a mainstream local dude.

New Timbo/Missy joint? Eh. Yelawolf featuring Rae? Tight. While I had heard of Yelawolf I never actually heard a verse, let alone, a song from the guy. I think he'll work on Shady.

Man, Khaled is wack. He's the poor man's Funk Flex. Annoying really.

Shaolinwutang.png

1. Shaolin VS Wu-Tang

2. Every Soldier In The Hood ft. METHOD MAN

3. Silver Rings ft. GHOSTFACE,

4. Ferryboat Killaz

5. The Scroll

6. Masters Of Our Fate ft. BLACK THOUGHT

7. Rich And BlackL ft. NAS

8. Butter Knives

9. Crane Style ft. BUSTA RHYMES,

10. Chop Chop Ninja ft. INSPECTAH DECK, ESTELLE

11. From The Hills ft. METHOD MAN, RAHEEM DEVAUGHN

12. Last Train To Scotland ft. LLOYD BANKS

13. Rock N Roll ft. JIM JONES, GHOSTFACE, KOBE

14. Molasses ft. RICK ROSS, GHOSTFACE

15. Dart School

16. Snake Pond

17. Wu Chant (Outro)

Black Thought, Nas...this might balance out Ross/Jones' appearances. questionable uncited GZA (rae said he was in on it) but still...March 8th!

haven't bothered to sit through all of Teflon Don, so i could be wrong - but what he's got is production, not lyrics/flow, by me anyway. he and Jones stand out cause yeah, Rae fucks with whoever, but they look well out of their weight division here is all.

jada's hood, this dude's a gimmick, anymore of his cocaine cowboys impersonation and ima give up even trying. he can hang better than jones, sure, but fuck the trends, Rae's still doing him a favor. Given that this RZA-less album is his attempt to branch out a bit, its not like i wasn't expecting some lesser MCs, and to be fair, there's much worse names out right now that could be here i guess. here's hoping he does alright.

i hope that's not the final album cover, though. I'm fond of what they did with Chamber Music:

6154L%2ByCfPL._SS400_.jpg

ps hahaha

aLFdE.jpg

some quick history before i catch more wood @ Shaolin vs Wu-Tang, on the concept behind it & RZA's absence (interview with Rae from '07, mind):

HipHopDX: Is it true that the entire clan is down with the idea to exclude RZA?

Rae: I really don't like when people try to sit here and say we trying to assassinate RZA's character. At the end of the day, RZA ain't doing no production on it, because he's not with it. It's like we representing what we representing, and he representing what he representing. So it's not to incriminate him but it's just to teach him a lesson, and let him know that that "Yo, you The Abbot and all that but we the backbone, so watch what we do. We gonna show you how to make a crazier album," that's all. RZA is being selfish right now with his ears and he gotta understand: as an artist coming up under the family, it ain't no higher team. And he's still caught up in his ways, so therefore we have decided to move forward and do a project. He can be mad or whatever whatever, it is what it is. It's just to let the world know that we not having it and we not going out like no "yes men" niggas, so that's what it is.

HipHopDX: One of the most remarkable things about the Clan is how well you all understood each other creatively, on so many levels. When did that understanding start to break down with RZA?

Rae: You know a lot of shit been going on for years, we just haven't really been exploding off of it because we have a lot of respect for one another. At the end of the day, we all brothers still. But by the same token, if I feel like my brother is fucking up and he ain't on point the way he supposed to be and he not listening anymore, then it's like "You know what? You gotta sit in the corner for a little while and do what the fuck you feel like you gonna do." I'm so surprised you can sit here and try to speak for all of us, and you know we all don't feel like you feel. But you disregarding brothers' feelings and you just can't do that, that aint what it's about. It's about us coming together for one common cause and working together. I don't work for RZA- I come together to do business with RZA and when the hands are pointed at you from mad different people saying, "Yo, step your game up my nigga," and you're not stepping it up, then we've got a problem.

i hope it works. again, i'm a huge RZA stan fan but his work from Kill Bill/etc on hasn't been as consistent for classic Wu efforts, and 8 Diagrams looks like it was the tipping point. This album could be great for not only getting more producers/MCs involved in the mix, but i'm hoping it gets RZA back to grimy-minded production. I love his soundtrack work and books during these last few years, but i'd rather get another effort like The W out of him as well.

hakus - that's not fair; Ja cant afford facebook. you see a page or so back when his twitter got hacked? sad shit.

and please dude; im so hood, i got graffiti on my bidet

Panch - for real though, dude makes a fair point. i know we've talked about this, but Rae's hustling hard to keep the Wu relevant, and even in Tao of Wu RZA was talking about how much the rest of the clan hated doing tours with Rage Against the Machine and performing at non-hip hop shows, so the cracks were there since at least that point, i think...ive read a bit about royalty/production cut disagreements but i wanna say that got ironed out. even listening some of his Wu Wednesday stuff tells me he's still more soundtrack minded than where the clan clearly wants him to be.

what i like about this whole effort is that Rae's not shitting on him; he's clearly wanting dude to come back around and do what he does. its kinda respectful in a way, if that makes sense? i mean, i know i keep referencing this track (so good) but its weird when the most RZA-esque Wu joint ive heard in recent times was actually by J Dilla (RIP).

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zG991SknA8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zG991SknA8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zG991SknA8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

i'd wanted to talk about sampling some more sometime...but here's some fun tracks panch'll recognize to highlight where some of the more popular hip-hop beats have found their inspiration:

DJ Riz - Live from Brooklyn 1

DJ Riz - Live from Brooklyn 2

really fun if you haven't heard them, just short samples of classic R&B/soul/etc joints to show you what they originally sounded like. sure, you knew puffy/others were just speeding up the tempo, but there's a few in here that might surprise you.

Oh man! My favorite! I listened to the living crap outta those! It got so crazy that I got to the point were can tell you which song was coming next. Ariel and I were so obsessed with finding some of the harder ones. It was hard be he found 'em.

• Upvote 1

id love to see a list/breakdown, there's still a few i cant place.

think i posted this before when Distant Relatives got announced, but if not, here it is again:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ExoaDv6uTM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ExoaDv6uTM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ExoaDv6uTM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

sorry hakus;