i ♥ hip-hop

The NZA

ok, so nevermind on that detox date, then

MF DOOM fans (where 2T at?!), check this out

MF DOOM - OPERATION: DOOMSDAY. COMPLETE, DELUXE REISSUE COMING THIS SPRING

3da51f3f7a4dd22ee76d93ee378f624a.jpg

• January 18, 2011

COMING SPRING 2011:

MF DOOM - OPERATION: DOOMSDAY (COMPLETE)

The history of MF DOOM's debut album OPERATION: DOOMSDAY is a spotty one - it's been released in at least two different versions on different labels, out of print, bootlegged, and even released once with a cheap scan of the original cover.

This Spring DOOM's own label Metalface Records will be releasing the first complete & remastered version of OPERATION: DOOMSDAY, containing the original album, alternate versions, b-sides and instrumentals - 51 tracks total - with all new artwork and two deluxe, metal formats:

LUNCH BOX 2/CD and METAL 4/LP BOX each containing a 32-page lyric book, and set of 10 cards with images of the Operation Doomsday MCs.

Stones Throw will have an advance sale on these two formats. Complete photos and pre-sale will be announced soon. The artwork, which we previewed last year, was created by Jason Jagel and Jeff Jank, who also designed Doom's 2005 album MM FOOD.

Also see:

MF DOOM AUSTRALIA TOUR 2011

MF DOOM HOE CAKES POSTER

MADVILLAIN PREVIEWS NEW MATERIAL AVALANCHE/VICTORY LAP

doomsday-box-2.jpgmetalbox-open.jpg

finally, something i wanted to try out: this week's NZA's recommended underground hip-hop joint you should try out -

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGxPyvm5qhk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGxPyvm5qhk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGxPyvm5qhk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

post your thoughts, ill try to take feedback into account with recommendations.

Detox - told you.

MF Doom - cool, but honestly who would buy that? I barely understand films doing it. Borderline obscure/underground hip-hop album? No thanks. Still, you'd be the coolest kid in school with that lunchbox... or the 'hippest' hipster (that's like being the smartest retard, right).

Whoever that was - interesting. I never understood how you don't smoke weed, Nick. You listen to the music of stoners. Not saying it was bad, though.

Edited by Panch

maaan, id rock that lunchbox. but id rather have the action figure and comic his old shit came with, expensive as fuck now

first, Lil B/BASED GOD got his wish from Kanye:

lC6vR.jpg

gRWAv.jpg

rejoice, hakus

thumbnail_8.jpg

"They petitioned for it when there was a stall on the release date, so it’s something that I think is very controversial…there’s some very controversial records on the album. It’s that good, old-fashioned, Lupe Fiasco, ‘Food & Liquor’ flow that you’re used to. And then it’s me breaking barriers—there’s some club records on there. A lot of fans said, ‘Lupe Fiasco is underrated. Lupe don’t get the respect due he should get or the commercial respect that he’s due."

i'm gonna jump the gun and say this hype/delays means it ain't gonna deliver :yup: love to be wrong though

today's underground-ish track (less weed-rap...alright, panch kinda has a point :LOL: )

oh, and this is classic "no love for yayo" shit:

ps0sZ.gif

was in the mood for some classic west coast shit lately (they're not really doing anything i dig at the moment - Game started out strong but is kinda slipping, and "teach me how to dougie" is more of that bay area madness), so of course that means Chronic, Doggystyle and the rest of the ones you couldn't go to a party mid-90s and not hear. It occured to me i never actually listened to D.O.C.'s "No one can do it better" (this dude wrote a lotta shit for Dre, Cube, etc) and i always meant to follow up with one of the guys that stoodout from the Dogg Pound for me, Daz (now Daz Dillinger):

he went on to produce some quality stuff, some forgettable efforts like All Eyez On Me by some low-tier rapper. i forge the name; lemme go PM panch.

for DoJ:

5351019971_7d3b914f47.jpg

5351020091_f788cf2e9b.jpg

anyway, tonight's selections:

classic.

one of my favorite tracks from one of the earliest artists i got into.

another dude you'll prolly hear more from in the future.

(skip to verse 2, Game over RZA beat is fun)

i love this stuff.

i posted this album prior - dug the instrumentals more, but this was cool.

just chill music. panch might've nailed some of this with "weed rap".

Co$- Through The Flames Ft. Blu

Soul Khan - Shot Glass Magnified Ft. Sene(Remix)

Phil Ade- Miss Temptation

Schyler Chaise - Lighter Salute (#5)

Vado - Night Rider Ft. Cory Gunz

H.O.P.E. - Compton's Finest Ft. Kendrick Lamar

got put onto a lotta other shit tonight!

maaan, id rock that lunchbox. but id rather have the action figure and comic his old shit came with, expensive as fuck now

The MF DOOM lunchbox is genius in concept yet disappointingly "meh" in execution. will DL tracks once NZA posts a link though. :D

rejoice, hakus

thumbnail_8.jpg

i'm gonna jump the gun and say this hype/delays means it ain't gonna deliver :yup: love to be wrong though

I only just heard "Show Goes On" today. Sampling Modest Mouse's "Float On"? Brilliant! Yeah, lyrics are a bit "eh," but I've never been a stickler for those. And I agree w/ Panch that the cover is tighter than a pair of jeans on a Kardashian.

Also DL'd GK's Apollo Kids and will listen to that bit of Wu-ness soon.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
  • Upvote 1

I must get this black materia album.

In other more prevalent news. Been listening to Phrenology and Tipping Point a lot lately. The Roots ♥

Agree w/ Nick, those are pretty much my top 2 Roots albums. Seed (v2.0) is one of my favorite songs. Not Roots songs. Or hip-hop songs. One of my fave songs, full stop.

We're all clear that I love that song, right? :D

• Upvote 1

been wanting to do a tribute to Mos Def around here...his last album, The Ecstatic, was one of his best in years. i still bump Black on Both Sides and his effort with Kweli, Blackstar, all the time, both classics. Here's some tracks:

*edit ahahaha Ghostface troll set himself up a blog

Ayo whattup this Deini the Wally Champ namsayin aka Stapleton’s Finest. Ayo I aint really got no problems wit the nigga Wizz Kalifrah nahmeans. Matter fact I aint really know who the nigga was til bout 5 minutes ago n shit namsayin. But yo jus so i aint step on this nigga toes or nothin like that…cos the god sincerely wish the little nigga the utmost success n alla that but yo Imma hafta keep it really 100 wit yalls. This Roll Up shit kinda soft namsayin. By that a nigga mean you could probably rock a cryin baby to sleep wit this shit nahmeans. This some shit for the nurseries n shit namsayin. Ayo a nigga listen to this shit at the wrong time n he liable to start hangin one them posters wit the little babies dressed like animals n vegetables n shit on they walls. A nigga might go cop one them calendars wit the kittens dressed up like they firemen n hang that shit in the hallway namsayin. Ayo this shit be like the shit yall hear in Calgon commercials n shit. Shit sounds like it was produced by muthafuckin Yanni or some shit. Nigga soundin like he gon get muthafuckin Enya n Barbra Streisand to jump on the remix n shit. This like some shit they play in the room when bitches be givin birth n shit. What niggas supposed to do with this shit light candles n soak in a tub by they fuckin selves n shit? Nahmeans. Bitches gon think they can slap a nigga around if they hear a nigga knockin this shit voluntarily n shit. Word bond. A nigga gon grow titties listenin to this kinds a shit. Ayo muthafuckin Lubriderm called n wanna know if they can bottle ya soft ass song nigga. Muthafuckin Hostess wanna know if they can use ya soft ass song to fill Twinkies n shit. Fuck outta here wit this shit nigga. Ayo word bond Staten island niggas dont play this shit son nahmeans. Word. Ayo we punch the sidewalk when we happy nigga. Thats a good day nigga! Ayo we eat broken glass when we in a good mood nigga! Thats real talk. Niggas be shootin at each other when we be sayin hi to each other to keep niggas sharp. We test each others reflexes n keep niggas on they toes n shit nahmeans! Thats love nigga. Thats real family values muthafucka! Yall soft serve niggas dont know nothin bout that. This some shit for niggas to braid they other niggas hair to. Word.

Aight peace.

Just gave Ghostface Killah's Apollo Kids a listen and my initial, one-word reaction is Damn! Seriously, I'm no Wu-expert like Nza and Panch claim to be, but I think a new bar has been set for Wu-Tang w/ this album. Production and lyrics are tight as long dreads on this one. Your move, RZA, Meth, Red. . .

And to all tha ho'z--for christsakes, respect the man's tour bus!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSE5TfquGW4

• Upvote 1