Hondo's Bar

i ♥ hip-hop

The NZA

needed more bad lil wayne similes; ODB lyrics are to be studied only by future generations.

redman answers all his math questions with the classic: "I scored 1.1 on my SAT/And still push a whip with a right and left AC"

never even heard the vanilla ice on em diss, that's....something.

and now something different:

Who is Cocaine 80s you ask, well it's a collective including: No I.D., Common, Steve Wyreman, Rob Kinelski, Kevin Randolph, James Fauntleroy, Makeba and many more." The feature single is the track Summer Madness performed by Common.

hah, nice track axels.

enjoying EL-P tonight, shit's kinda hard...some of you would dig it, ill put up tracks another time. meanwhile: stay classy, BET.

<br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjju49_211626225543_webcam" target="_blank">211626225543</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/yardie4lifever2" target="_blank">yardie4lifever2</a></i>

nice! i'm literally going through Fantastic Damage right now, then onto I'll sleep when you're dead.

which is funny, cause ive yet to get into any Jux or Aesop at all. if you got any favorites, feel free to post em, man!

Definitive Jux is the label, a lot of the guys seem to have the same sort of flow, a bit like Sage Francis (who I also like). It's really hard to explain, but you'll probably recognize it when you hear enough. It's like a genre in and of itself. The following aren't necessarily examples of that, it's really more of a broad feel.

"A homophobic rapper, unaware of the graphic nature of phallic symbols" A lot of great lines in that one.

And another EL-P favorite, even though you've already heard it.

• Upvote 1

good post. i'm keeping both EL-P albums, good shit when you're in the mood. and yeah, i think it was actually Jax that put me onto Sage Francis a while back, good stuff.

trying to kill my massive hip-hop backlog...logans, which of these Saul Williams albums are his best? ive got amethyst rock star, not in my name, (self-titled) and inevitable rise & fall of niggy. thoughts?

speaking of NO I.D. (godfather of chicago hip-hop, Kanye's mentor), dude's officially producing Common's next album. this is a time for rejoicing.

on the note of great producers, some quality Alchemist love.

ps FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

e6ad78e878a6408e9e8a69818203b6f1_7.jpg

21d8pqxVu4L._SS500_.jpg

^ tonight i'm bumping Shabazz Palaces - Black Up, experimental hip-hop that's hard to recommend on here until i get a better feel for what'd work for some of you guys. as it stands, i'd only pitch it to DoJ to try out & see his thoughts at the moment. for reference, the MC hails from Diggable Planets (cool like that, etc).

following that: Cocaine 80's (NO I.D. mixtape, impressions forthcoming), a Tyler summer mix and Wacka Flocka Flame - Flockaveli (chopped & screwed) just to see if i like it that way, that style made me like shit i wouldn't otherwise like say Mike Jones (WHO?!)

in news more people give a fuck about - Outkast comin back?!

Hip Hop Wired is here to exclusively report that Outkast's Big Boi & Andre 3000 will both have solo albums out by the end of 2011 & the duo will also release an album under Outkast by early 2012. HHW claims their "Rock solid industry source" has had "close contact with one of the members of the group," and man I surely hope this is all true.

dre 3k has been kinda coasting since about '03 or so, but again any of you that slept on Boi's Sir Lucious Left Foot last year missed out. i need more of both of them, and so do you.

*edit oh shit, this Cocaine 80s tape goes. check this out & get hyped about the upcoming Common/NO I.D. album with me:

i love these summer tracks.

...ya'll are missing out, sleeping on this no ID shit. 2nd favorite track off Cocaine 80's, i'll -1 myself on this post if you don't feel this one:

another good track:

also, Wu-Tang's Legendary Weapons (follow-up to '09's Chamber Music) leaked! track listing:

1. Start the Show (feat. Raekwon and RZA)

2. Laced Cheeba (feat. Ghostface, Sean Price and Trife Diesel)

3. Diesel Fluid (feat. Method Man, Trife Diesel and Cappadonna)

4. Played By The Game

5. The Black Diamonds (feat. Ghostface, Roc Marciano and Killa Sin)

6. Legendary Weapons (Ghostface, AZ and M.O.P.)

7. Never Feel This Pain (feat. Inspectah Deck, U-God and Tre Williams)

8. Angels Got Wings

9. Drunk Tongue (feat. Killa Sin)

10. 225 Rounds (feat. U-God, Cappadonna, Bronze Nazareth and RZA)

11. Meteor Hammer (feat. Ghostface, Action Bronson and Termanology)

12. Live Through Death

13. Only the Rugged Survive (feat. RZA)

14. Outro

FTOFA.gif

• Upvote 1

...well, no -1's on that last post, so i know shit was golden. :2T:

fun Rhymefest diss track on Charles Hamilton

trying out some more Aesop Rock (with mixed results) and Lil B tonight. crazy mix.

ps haha @ ross

ibIjj6.gif

also, WTF, weezy

tumblr_lnvpyh6w231qkmx5mo1_500.jpg