Hondo's Bar

The Avengers

^^Somewhere in reading that post I sincerely stopped giving a fuck about how much moar money millionaires are making w/ this or any other film. How the fuck did we all become so invested in how much these films gross anyway?

Speaking of corporations w/ too much money, Disney owns Marvel, so this could happen...xlarge.jpg

ttly re-posted this pic from Panch in comicbook blargh!

Well, part of it is that everyone knows the success or failure of films effects the decisions made by Hollywood movers and shakers. If you are invested (not financially speaking) in seeing more Marvel studios movies or a Justice League movie happen, this is good news for you.

The other part is that I think a lot of people, especially guys, have a kind of need to be wonky and get into detail about something, probably as a supplement for something evolutionary development as hunter-gatherers and lost in modern like. A lot of guys do it with sports, and get into the details of stats and records and players, etc. If not sports, maybe music or politics or movies or something else. it can often be ridiculous when you step back and look at it, like you said, but...whatever, it is what it is.

Just got back. Holy fucking shit. When Joss Whedon was put on this project I got really worried, I will mention here that I am a tremendous Joss Whedon fan, and even though I loved the Iron Man and Hulk movies I only liked Thor and thought that Captain America wasn't very good at all (still good enough to own, just- I don't know, didn't have me excited at any point.) I was so glad to see that much like Log, this was better than bad. It was good. It was really really fucking good. Everybody got a chance to shine (and Whedon definitely got his money's worth out of the one female hero he had the keys to. I am so glad that the Ant-Man movie has yet to come out, it gives me more of a chance to gird my loins for Wasp's shrewishness) and while I really really like Edward Norton as Bruce Banner, I have to say that I love Mark Ruffalo's Gentleman Hobo take on the character (though I'm not sure that was acting and not just Mark Ruffalo being himself at this point.) It was a nice little Iron Man 2.5 and I finally got a proper Captain America movie! Still not really digging Nick Fury, his main character trait is still being played by Samuel L. Jackson and he's not near gruff and curmudgeonly enough to be Fury. (FUCK ULTIMATE FURY, seriously, aside from his introduction in Ultimate X-Men he's been the most boring character in the whole universe. Being the comics version of Jiff Ramsey does not make him a good character.)

There were just several moments when I shivered. And fuck you Jay, the post-credits pun was the shit.

They had better bring back Coulson as The Vision or something. I figure Black Panther is in the roster for Part 2 seeing how the Avengers initiative map from Iron Man 2 showed one of the hero locations being in Africa. I kind of felt like Rhodesy was the 200-pound gorilla in the room where the big clusterfuck at the end was, I mean did it never occur to Tony to call up his black friend with the way more decked out suit? They could have at least thrown in a vague hint at why he didn't show up, Natalie Portman got one. Ant-Man/Giant Man and Wasp will probably be part 2 roster as well seeing as Edgar Wright may finally be getting this off the ground. I just hope they take a different direction with Pym, he slapped Janet once. ONCE back in the fucking sixties and he's been made out as a horrible wife beating piece of shit ever since. Everybody knows that's Reed Richards' game. I don't mind crazy Pym, he's actually gone crazy more than once. But if we're going to be following the Ultimates for these movies we just need to take a sharp knife and trim off all the Millarness like they did with this one.

Hey man, I'm just glad you dug the film. But seriously, that pun was lazy and clumsy like a narcoleptic Jerry Lewis

From that:

“Stan Lee said, ‘You’re the ultimate Nick Fury,’” he told the website. “Avi Arad, when they bought it, said, ‘Don’t worry, you’re going to be the Nick Fury forever,’ and they lied. [Pause] But that happens to me all the time. That’s when you realize life isn’t fair.”

That's...that's...THAT'S when he realized it!