Hondo's Bar

Restaurants you like

Lycaon

huh. i wouldn't call myself a tea afficinado (i havent had enough kinds/am not very picky), but that looks cool...ill try to check that out next time im down by bish/gun's place, thanks for that man.

i usually drink flower tea from cheap asian markets, got hooked on that at dim sun restaurants.

• 4 months later...

Ben & my regular haunts these days are...

Wings Your Way -- The week we found it, we ate there four times in a row! Click on the link & read up on the menu...it's worth a chuckle... My fave dish is the Dick Cheney followed by the Art's Funky Chicken.

Tio Juan's Margaritas is our local Mexican place. One of my favorite things is that they make their salsa inhouse so depending on who made it is how spicy it will be. Last night's salsa was liquid fire but oh so tasty!!!

The Barley House is our spot when we want to have a few beers. They bring complimentary hummus & pretzels to the table and their Curry Pumpkin Apple Bisque is so so so good!

Another decent Mexican place is Shorty's Mexican Roadhouse which is like a Chevy's and it's a few towns over. When Margarita's is full and I'm in the mood for free chips & salsa, we usually end up over there!

Now, if you want real authentic Mexican the likes of which I can compare to eating in Homestead, I recommend La Carreta Mexican Restaurant. It's actually down the street from Shorty's. Now, it's not to be confused with the delicious Cuban restaurant of the same name in Miami (that's the main reason why I went to said restaurant in the first place!!!). The food: excellent. The staff: almost 100% Hispanic. The verdict: YUM!

When we're in the mood for Irish we head up to The Holy Grail which is about an hour's drive from home, but the ambiance is awesome and the place used to be a Catholic Church so it still has the stained glass windows and the booths are pews...the Shepherd's Pie is to die for!!!

Sea Siam for Pad Thai, Special Fried Rice, and Sushi (their sushi is AMAZING)

Wing Stop (Best Garlic Parmesan Wings and phenomenal Bleu Cheese)

Casita Tejas in Homestead has delicioso Mexican Food.

The French Bistro in Pinecrest has awesome Milanesas (thin sliced breaded steak) with white rice and Parmesan cheese.

Just a few....

Wing Stop (Best Garlic Parmesan Wings and phenomenal Bleu Cheese)

I ate there for the first time a day before I moved from Miami...I weep in memory. And yes, the garlic parm is awesome!!

Casita Tejas in Homestead has delicioso Mexican Food.

Oh Yum! That's the restaurant I meant when I compared La Carreta to restaurants in Homestead. I dated someone for a bit whose mother lived in Florida City and we would eat at Casita Tejas alot. I like it better than El Toro Taco...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sushi axiom is great.

For steak, I like the silver fox, but be willing to drop a small fortune.

For a cheap joint, I'm all about fuzzys tacos. Do they have those else where? Baha tacos and margaritas, yum!

Can't say I'm familiar with any of those establishments.

One of the best steak joints I've ever visited was called Texas Roadhouse, they're a chain but they're only slightly more expensive than Applebees (Amber and I both got good sized meals, I had a steak and ribs) for about $50 and I was in awe of how good the food was and how much you got.

The one with the peanuts everywhere? Yeah, love that place...they closed down all the ones in Miami and we really can't go there anyway because of Ben's allergy...

A few years back, though...I used to go there with my parents all the time. I loved that when there was a birthday, they would get on the loudspeaker and say, "Attention Roadhouse, So&So is celebrating their birthday...can I get a YEE HAW!" and the whole restaurant would yell back, "YEE HAW!!" -- good times...

Tried this place called Boucherie in New Orleans last weekend and it was excellent! Menu was reasonably priced for the level of food and service. We had drinks, so that pumped the bill up by about $30 though. But it was a "special" night for me and the gf, and well worth the money especially considering we had an appetizer and desert as well. I will dine there again and definitely recommend this place if you're ever visiting the NOLA!

Well ly, come up and we can go to a couple of them. One that I love that's in your area is magnolia cafe. Also ciscos Mexican and the nutty brown cafe. Do you know any of those?

Don't know when I'd be able to, but that would be nice. ^_^

Been to Magnolia's, and I think I did security at an event at Nutty Brown a while back. Not familiar with the other. Next time you're in the area, you should try Dario's.

Magnolias is pretty badass. I took Ray and Siege there once. I learned that if you are indecisive or curious about a particular dish, they will bring you a sample. CARLO took advantage of this.

I would also recommend Kirby Lane and Threadgills.

Archived