Hondo's Bar

Dark Souls

The NZA

well, la-dee-dah, mr. i had to get some sleep at normal hours

level 32, barely survived the gaping dragon or whatever - blightown is a hoot! i would totally bring my family here.

so glad From got my letters begging them to let me revisit the valley of defilement, ive missed obtrusive camera angles, soul-crushing toxicity and all that falling. :love:

handled my first invader with a backstab. i don't fancy that'll be the norm, but god it felt good. what's the most souls you guys've lost at once? 5k for me so far, thanks again to toxicity. i was searching for a campsite with 25k and just pussed out & ported back the last one; the thought of losing that many right now is petrifying.

productive night! level 36, 2nd bell rung. :bananaman: peace out blightown, we had some good times!

finding decent stuff (i think?) for materials, even came across the hidden covenant thanks to a helpful message! i'm in Demon Ruins though, and kinda stuck at a lava dead-end. there's likely another passage about, but it's late and i just lost some humanity to those #@$%ing bugs...PROTIP: be careful who you kill in this area.

was looking about for the arbitrary road/shortcut back to hubworld or something (i still had a lot to explore down there, been forever since i went back & cutscene implied i very much should), gonna have to wait till monday.

stats are coming along, but my strategy isn't. i need to look up buff spells and a long-range alternative to my weak bow and often limited arrows, shops aren't as plentiful without the nexus.

found my way, but i gotta finally get some sleep. so debating getting the sexy guide for this one; im told it has the art i missed out on from the LE (thanks again mortiis; downloads keep corrupting sadly, gonna try again later though). i dont want anything spoiled, but some routes/maps when im lost in areas like the sewers wouldn't hurt, im told its good for new game+ strategy too. we'll see.

meantime, this guy's pretty helpful if you're stuck. i learned to hold either circle or triangle to slide down ladders, nice.

I was too tired for Blightown. I was fighting the big dudes and kept doing stupid shit and falling off the bridge and got tired of running from the sewers, so I figure 'hey, there must be a bonfire near here' and I just run through everyone, hit a dead end, instinctively double tap and jump...and survive. And BAM, theres the bonfire. Then immediately get a message that my main weapon is gonna break.

So Im saved to a bonfire, somewhere in the middle of who-knows-where, Im afraid to use my main weapon so Im using shit. Things are killing me and I dont know which way leads to the entrance and which way leads deeper.

I did notice that a bunch of those idiot molemen followed me when I jumped and netted me damn near 1000 souls when they plummeted to their deaths, so I may try to figure out a way to exploit that once I get my bearings.

damn, that's harsh. you don't happen to have the repairbox, do you? it's not free even if you do, but being able to repair at campsites felt worth 2k souls to me at the time. not yet sold on armor/weapon mod boxes though.

cannot wait to dive back in tomorrow night. got a gamestop around the corner from me holding 1 copy of the guide - for whatever reason, it's already being scalped for $50+, and the LE for like $100. no idea why on either; both can be found online if you're patient, but yeah, im thinking until the wiki gets its shit together, i wanna know more about builds. if anyone has questions on shit like top-tier weapons and their requirements after the fact, lemme know, ill look shit up!

also, said wiki is putting up maps now, albeit slowly.

I don't have a repairbox, I saw it but forgot it existed. It now seems like a bargain at twice the price.

I'm getting back on in a minute. Gotta be in at 6 tomorrow, so I might get something accomplished before I have to sleep (ok,let' be honest: I won't be getting the recommended amount of sleep tonight).

heh, same happened to me last night, obviously.

looking forward to sorting the online thing - i know they patched some stuff in but some of my summons still fail. also, split servers prolly make it harder to share stuff, which is a shame cause i traded for at least 1 of the rare stones i needed for a trophy in demons souls, be cool to give these axes to someone who'd use em, but the game likes you feeling lonely & oppressed too.

i'm told its 200-300 arrows to take down that red wyvern fuck, and a good 20+ minutes since he has to fly around and pout every goddamn time. tomorrow night, he falls.

early farming guide!

Titanite Shard - purchasable/sewer slugs

Large Titanite Shard- purchasable/sewer slugs/Swamp Leech

Green Titanite Shard - purchasable/Swamp Leech

Titanite Chunks - Knights in New Londo

Titanite Slab - Knights in New Londo

Red Titanite chunk - Octopus Enemies in Lost Izalith

Red Titanite Slab - Octopus Enemies in Lost Izalith

Blue Titanite Chunk- Ice Golem in root basin

Blue Titanite Slab - ?

Demon Titanite - Headless Titanite Demon in Lost Izalith

White Titanite - Tomb of Giants Skeletons

Twinkling Titanite - Clams in Great Hollow

Dragon Scale - Dragons in Dragon Valley

Well thanks to a helpful GOD who killed her in about 30 seconds, I have moved on. All I know is ol' Mildred was up there doing her thing, I'm off target lock and running so I don't drown in lava, and I see some magical rings shooting past me.

I turn around and she's at like 1/4 health.

Thanks Mushisephiroths (or something), you're a peach.

I need to edit out some words of that last post to make it accurate.

I'm not going to bed

I'm past the point of no return now. If I go to sleep, the alarm probably isn't going to do shit.

you dishonorable ninja dog. hang your head in shame.

high-five bro! arent those assists AWESOME

god i wanna be one of them when i grow up. hey whenever you do logoff, help me test a theory? back on your XMB, way on the right above your friends list, up top theres "players youve met" or something, look for who assisted you. just check their profile. they speak japanese, don't they?

Ok...the chick in the cell that upgraded my flask the first time is DEAD. I didn't do it! I swear. I have an alibi. She didn't even hit my sister (but if she did, they would find. A bloody glove. AT MY HOUSE!)

So yeah...is this normal? I go to talk to her, I pick up her gear. Dead as a doornail.

I would like my +2 flask plx.

A buddy turned me on to the grinding spot in the forest.

I think the time has come. 20K souls for they key, which I just bought. I wanna at least be able to one hand my ultra greatsword and still be able to roll without slamming into the ground like a useless cunt.

So...the story will be on hiatus.

Tonight. We grind. In hell! (not really, it's actually a nice place)

Well you've made a terrible mistake. for a lot of games I'm right there with you, but from what I've experienced, it's barely going to make the game any easier. Fuck, it might make it somehow harder. (Why would it make it harder? FUCK YOU, that's why. Spiteful sadists made this game)

Nah man, I'm gonna grind the shit out of ol' Uncle (and his comically exaggerated racist features).

I gotta call it a night. Not much time to play today, stopped at lvl 61.

So I've basically decided this character is essentially a glass cannon, but instead of a cannon he swings a comically large piece of metal. High str/end, a pinch of dex, relatively low vit and everything else is just getting ignored. I'm sure res will get some love at some point.

After deeply hating having to use my Ultra Greatsword in Blightown, it was there that I learned to love it. I just had to get to know it. It's stupid-slow, yeah, but the reach is obscene and it just fucking smashes shit. A little patience, wait for an opening (or don't, my poise is high) and I was one shotting my way through that godforsaken hellhole. Dat forward+R2.../drool. Once I canget the twinkling titanite to upgrade it, awwwww shit.

I realize there are gonna be some bosses that simply won't abide with my slow attack animations, so I've been jacking up an emergency-falchion.

i felt a potshot, but couldn't see the source from his lofty level 80+ cloud. odd.

yeah, i was debating the same today, before losing 13k souls in new londo ruins or whatever they call ghostrapetown these days. i'm level 45 or so, and aimlessly wandering between demon ruins, forest of butterflies-i-cant-reach and hydras-i-cant-get-to, and my friends the ghosts, who mal informed me i only need fuck with if i wanna join his evildick covenant. grinding does sound like a fine idea, and i need to settle on a weapon to beef up - mal doesn't care for this drakesword and its non-scallng, but i have come across anything i liked better yet.

logans using that greatsword means you've been pumping points into endurance and strength, i wanna say i'm @ 20 on both. my thing is, with high dex, i should be putting into the bow but i wanna find a better one, plus i miss having my Kilij. look at that thing! great range, fast, worked in narrow spots, and when built to be quality, it was a base of 158, with moderate STR & DEX bonuses, exactly where i put my points most times. i need to find a replacement this game, something light i can use with a shield or dual when need be. gonna try out some katanas when i find them and hope they go better than last game (curious bout the iado one).

oh yeah, what's poise do again? got this wolf ring that i heard was good, but the best i gather from its bonus is "balance". what rings are you guys wearing?

Yeah, 40 str, 35 end :2T:

Poise makes taking damage not interrupt your attack animations. Meaning I may choose to eat some damage, but bitch you gonna die when this thing hits your fucking head 1/2 a second later.

As for weapons, it's exactly why I'm jacking up the curved sword. You can use the Chaos Bitch soul to pimp out either that or a katana. I liked the animations for the curved a little better.

I'm using the ring that gives me health when something dies aaaaaaannnd, uh...something else. I've only found 2 so far.

And dude...if you wanna grind, just save up the 20K. When it works, I net 6K souls in less than a minute.

You basically just pull the 3 dudes and then chill on the cliff next to the stairs, try to position yourself so they land on your head and fall. If they don't fall, just block or kick 'em off the edge.

The problem is sometimes they'll get stuck in trees or decide to just shoot you with magic at the base of the steps,until eventually they get bored and wander away. I can take the mage dudes 1vs1 now, so I usually just clean'em up real quick when this happens.

Edited by Thelogan