Hondo's Bar

Dark Souls

The NZA

haha, i was just thinking the same - so many NPCs im gonna take out when it's time to finish out this playthrough. i hear some are pretty tough, too.

and nah, i think abandoning covenants is just fine, its when you do shit like slay the leader of them that you've sinned, i wanna say...i should go look this up. also logans, not sure if you care about a plat or not, but if you do, make sure you revisit shit and grab up all you can while you still have the ability to warp!

Alrighty, I'm at the moment of truth. I went and killed all the NPC's that came to mind and turned in all the lord souls.

If it was just a boss fight behind that door, I woulda done it tonight, but it looks to be a level, so I'll do it tomorrow.

I've decided I don't care about plat enough to grind out all those weapons. I'll see what I get in this playthrough and maybe I'll go mop up the rest on a second. I kinda doubt it though. I've got Batman and Elder Scrolls callin' my name.

I'm thinking I'll make my other character PvP focused. Gear seems to almost make more of a difference than level, and I know what to use and how to get it now. I could be that overpowered asshole/bestbuddy with insane gear that invades/helps you at level 20. Sounds fun.

yeah, which is kinda funny since at least the first playthrough of Demons' almost felt the opposite, but then i had a great sword.

and i absolutely look forward to joining the Darkwraiths for some PVP, hopefully i dont catch too many more of these cheap-ass fog ring + stone sword guys, be nice if they patched something in for that.

also: i totally get taking time off, especially with a release schedule this insane. i imagine it gets exhausting, and i likely will get back to RE4 or something when i get my first ending for a bit. i keep hearing the levels after my Andor Londo don't hold up as well, hoping that's not my experience.

I beat it about an hour ago, screwed around with NG+ for a little bit. It was nice to FUCK that Asylum Demon right in his ass when he first appears (instead of running through the door like a bitch).

I also discovered the wonders of the Crystal Ring Shield before I beat the game, it made the last boss a total joke. Talk about an overpowered weapon. It's L2 throws the shield and does damage based on how much damage the weapon in your right hand does. I just equipped a Black Knight Greatsword +5. Did about 1200 damage a pop. 4 hits. Game over. Absurd.

props to newt! Anor was no joke, for me. still gotta go back to beat that one headless guy.

logans - thats exactly how i heard it done elsewhere, sounds broken as fuck. given that said shield's crystal, can it be repaired?

also, regarding NG+: i'm told everyone's got mad HP, but do they hit way harder too? mal said it wasnt nearly as bad as NG+ on demons so im curious.

Yeah, it can be repaired.

I'm honestly not seeing a whole hell of a lot of difference in NG+ right now. I'm still fresh out of the asylum though. The few skeletons I killed did seem to do slightly more damage. I'm sure the difference will be more apparent once I get outside the starting zone.

aw man, im well behind - took out Painted World and Catacombs last night. went five feet into Tomb of Giants, promptly fell the fuck off. gonna be more careful next time.

gonna try for some stone farming & other trophywork in this playthrough so the next one'll be smoother, might be a bit. almost 100 hours in and not even done with the first run, haha.

looks dope. which miracles regen? also, be careful - i was reading the #1 or 2 dude in the book of the guilty is like SL 10 but equipped to hell & back. there was accusations of hacking as apparently there's some exploit on 360 to edit the stats (but not your SL) from the gamesave? anyway, ive been owned in P2P a few times but it's mostly been legit - goddamn that fog ring though.

still level grinding, as well as chunk farming down in lower new londo ruins. got my iaito to +15 but im still having to really work to survive a mob of 4 darkwraiths, likely since i locked myself out of most pyro spells good & well this playthrough. gonna have to do 4 kings & start those last dungeons on monday - what SL were you guys when you tied up your first game? im thinking of making my next play easier by knocking out as many of the stone trophies as i can this time, and humanity farming to make like every accessible campsite +20 estus.

You can still get raped, yeah. You can't just run around being stupid. I suspect that there may be some scaling involved, because otherwise there would have been one-shots a'plenty. I dies once and lost almost 5 million souls and 90 humanity in Londo Ruins. I was like "eh". :2T:

There were very little serious threats though if I played smart like I was supposed to. NG+ still provides a challenge, I suspect at any level. You start to get severely diminished returns after, say, 50 in each stat.

One fun thing to do with duping: I got invaded while I still had the dragon helm on once, I just quickly equipped Prism Stones and vomited rainbows all over him. I think he was in shock. he just stood there. Did some emotes. Let me march around and do it until the game started to lag, and then quickly murdered me.

you cant make stories like that up. i love it.

guy on another board said he got invaded, swung a few times & basically chip damage, and the guy starting doing the "are you not entertained?!" pose and shit - he gave up, unequipped his armor & turned his back to the guy. dude rolled towards him, fell off a cliff & died. shit mustve been surreal.

New patch notes:

修正対応する主な内容は以下の通りです。

【修正改善される主な項目】

・一部の魔法、効果の見直し

「魔法の盾」、「強い魔法の盾」

「緩やかな平和の歩み」などのスロウ効果

「霧の指輪」

「鉄の体」

・属性武器に対する、能力武器のバランスの見直し

・その他の武器/防具/魔法 の調整

「呪術の火」の魔法威力修正の調整 など

・マッチング、マルチプレイ条件の調整

・マルチプレイでボスを倒した時のホストの入手ソウル量の調整(全額入手)

・「ひび割れた赤い瞳のオーブ」を使用して侵入に失敗した時、使用回数が減らないように修正

・敵を倒した時のソウル取得量を調整

・敵を倒した時のアイテムドロップの調整

一部ボスが「人間性」および「帰還の骨片」をドロップ

ドロップ率が特に低かった強化素材および誓約アイテムのドロップ率調整

・人間性によるアイテム発見力上昇効果の調整

・ショップラインナップの調整

不死の商人(男)

「底なしの木箱」 を追加

不死の商人(女)

「普通の矢」、「大きな矢」、「木の矢」、「ノーマルボルト」、「ヘビーボルト」、「ウッドボルト」 を追加

鍛冶屋アンドレイ

ゼナのドーナル

火継ぎの祭祀場に移動後、「万能鍵」 を追加

巨人鍛冶屋

「普通の矢」、「大きな矢」、「羽根矢」、「ノーマルボルト」、「ヘビーボルト」、「スナイパーボルト」、

「楔石の欠片」、「楔石の大欠片」、「緑楔の大欠片」、「光る楔石」、

「武器の鍛治箱」、「防具の鍛治箱」、「修理箱」 を追加

鍛冶屋バモス

「普通の矢」、「大きな矢」、「木の矢」、「ノーマルボルト」、「ヘビーボルト」、「ウッドボルト」、

「楔石の欠片」、「武器の鍛治箱」、「防具の鍛治箱」、「修理箱」 を追加

癒し手イングウァード

「一時の呪い」 を追加

・誓約「太陽の戦士」の誓約条件を下方調整 (信仰+マルチプレイ成功回数×5≧50 ⇒ 信仰+マルチプレイ成功回数×5≧25)

・免罪の必要ソウルを下方調整 (レベル×2000 ⇒ レベル×500)

・装備重量基準値の調整

・ロックオン、およびロック切替の調整

・ハングアップするケースの修正

・レベルアップメニューのソウル表示の変更

・特定の操作で魔法やアイテムが無限使用できる現象の修正

・攻撃の発動が1秒ほど遅れることがある現象の修正

・2周目で、「アストラのソラール」のイベントが進行しない現象の修正

・「王の探究者フラムト」に楔石を食べさせることで、楔石の所持数が99個を超えた場合、所持数が0となる不具合の修正

・特定の場所でマップにハマってしまう現象の、進行不能回避

・海外版の変更に伴い、英語で表示される演出字幕の一部の変更

【最新アップデートファイルver1.04の適用方法】

一度ゲームを終了し、オンラインに接続されていることを確認の上、再度ゲームを起動してください。

ゲーム起動時に自動的に最新のアップデートファイルがダウンロードされ、適用されます。

この度はアップデートファイル配信までに時間を要し、またご案内が遅くなりましたこと、心よりお詫び申し上げます。

http://darksouls.fromsoftware.jp/online/

Sweet!

A more in depth translation

Translated by Brett (twitch.tv/thebrett)

Taken from in-game testing / jp wiki notes (http://w.livedoor.jp/project_dark)

Magic Changes:

Pyro Glove nerfed from 270 to 230.

You can see resonance signs now.

Vow of Silence range increased.

Homing Soul Mass and other pursuit style spells nerfed.

Magic Shield and Strong Magic Shield duration lowered.

Tranquil Walk of Peace and other Slow duration reduced to ~10 secs. Effect supposedly changed from 100% encumberance to 50%.

Iron Flesh effectiveness nerfed.

Status Changes:

Initial weight increased

Humanity Item drop rate increased from 10 to 210

Medium roll recovery faster? (unclear and unconfirmed)

Equipment Changes:

Reported some weapon scaling gets improved at higher normal upgrades (+15 uchi dex scaling goes to A)

Some scaling reported as changing from A to S with higher upgrades

Normal upgrade path buffed by ~10%

Lightning path nerfed slightly (~5%)

Grant scaling changed?

Gold-hemmed nerfed, still un-upgraded

Dust skirt nerfed hard

Silver Knights, Sun, Hollow Soldier's Shield and other medium shield stability nerfed to ~70 at max upgrades to improve Great Shield viability.

Crystal Ring Shield scaling drastically nerfed. Does around ~200 +-50

Dragon Greatsword buffed from 360 to 390.

Combat Changes:

Lock-on acquisition range increased.

Lock-on changing/switching got easier.

Ring of Fog users can now be locked on.

PVE Changes:

Damage reduced on some mobs?

HP lowered on some mobs?

Bosses drop Humanity and Homeward Bones

Ghosts and Skeletons give souls now.

Twinkling Titanite drop rate improved.

Some mobs may have added drops (Pyromancer dropping Lantern? Unconfirmed).

Online Changes:

You can see resonance signs.

Some invasion restrictions possibly changed? Darkwraith upperlimit confirmed as unchanged.

Amount of souls the Master of the game gains changed.

Cracked Eye Orbs no longer get consumed on failure. Confirmed

Other Changes:

Official Guide nerfed.

Lowered requirements for Sunbro covenenant (requirements moved from 50 to 25. 3/4 assists should do the trick)

Fixed some freeze issues

Lvl up screen displays souls needed properly now

Dragon-head glitch, snuggly, and magic shield glitches fixed.

Fixed a bug where your inputs come out 1 second later.

Fixed a bug where the second solaire event wont progress.

Fixed a bug where feeding frampt a titanite stone then going over 99 resulted in having zero.

Fixed some specific map areas where you'd get stuck or be unable to progress.

Changed some english subtitles on the overseas port.

Merchant stock updates:

Male Undead Merchant: Also sells bottomless box

Female Undead Merchant: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts

Andrei: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts

Domnhal of Xena: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Master Key

Giant Blacksmith (Fapsmith): Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Small Titanite Shards, Large Tit Shards, Twinkling (8000 per, inf amount), Green Shards, Repair box, upgrade boxes

Vamos: Arrows / Crossbolts, Small Tit, Large tit, Repair box / upgrade boxes

Inglwood: Sells Transient Curses

Forest soul farming spot still nets lotsa souls. Doesn't seem like it has been nerfed, although the mage in that area was hitting the shit out of me.

Also text changes:

The bonfire was lit -> Bonfire lit

You Defeated -> Victory Achieved

You Regained -> Retrieval

so yeah, biggest nerfing i saw might've been poise on havel's armor, and that crystal shield trick is now worthless. cocky pyros reigned in, dex builds with scaling weapons see big pluses (finally!) also, unlimited selling of twinkling titanite, and dropping the ridiculous faith req of sunlight covenant from 50 to 25 are big deals. buying master key should be cool too.

dragon head glitch for infinite souls/items is of course dropped, so if you're gonna level/put together spending money, do it before this goes live in the US. No word on if/when 360 patch, ive been hearing awful things about samesave modding for lvl 1 with 99 all stats too.

Crystal Cave can suck a dick. i must've used like 50+ of those sounding stones trying to get that blue titamite slab, didn't happen. died cursed while trying to cut off Seath's tail, gonna make it happen tomorrow.

patch still wasn't live yet.