Hondo's Bar

Dark Souls

The NZA

man, getting Seath's tail was another task i made harder than it shoulda been, i bet. once that's out of the way, he's not a problem - i just gotta make sure i get Priscilla's and the gaping dragons on next game. finally got the goddamn blue slab after watching a video or two and using more sounding stones, not looking forward to doing that again.

i think im off to Demon's Ruins then Izalith tomorrow if i have time, that sunlight maggot helm still looks like the way to go for the Tomb of the Giants. oh yeah, i managed to hit Logan in the archives, so there's one more person i gotta wait till NG+ to purchase from, makes a total of 3 this palythrough :???:

was watching Epicnamebro's videos on some boss fights, thought this one was hilarious right after the 4 minute mark.

still looking forward to the patch, and my plan is to pick up all the miracles/sorceries/pyro shit i can, plus make every trophy weapon i can this play (since a few are gonna need red, white and blue slabs from NG+ natch). really trying to set it up so i can beat this one, get back to Uncharted 3, then return to it for my next 1.5 play & plat.

*edit OH SHIT FROM WHAT YOU DOIN OVER THERE SON

Edited by The NZA
FROM potentially delivering like domino's

i swear epic is a student of the church of Mitchberg, but yeah, he's really good and gave me some good pointers on some bosses. he says his next run through will be a low-level dex build, can't wait to see what he sorts out. i never even thought to shoot Priscilla with arrows so i could see her, for one.

so glad to see Dark Souls comics starting up...Demons had so many great ones, i posted em all in that thread.

and yeah, man, fuck the drop rate pre-patch: i spent like an hour and a half farming Channelers in Duke's whatever for their rare trident, with covetous ring on + some humanity, and fuckin' nothing - wasted day, few levels gained aside. looking forward to monday to finally move on & revisit this area once the patch drops, hopefully next week. i was worried about needing souvenirs of reprisal for that covenant's spell, but with what ive read about how my build will work once scaling is fixed, im thinking invading people like a dick might be great.

sunbro!

got the trident on my first try today, woo hoo! grabbed ember and got the fuck out of dodge. since the patch is bringing twinkling, i put what i had into the dragonslayer bow, totally worth it. even found the greatshield in the woods, so i'm mostly good for drops - time to move onto the remaining stages. besides being pressed for time (and spending too much of it grinding), i think im putting off the endgame cause while i really do wanna get back to Uncharted 3 (which kertins, of course, already beat) as well as Sonic, im really eager to see how things look post-patch, hoping next week but given that it's Namco, who knows?

Thank you for contacting Namco Bandai's Customer Support Department.

The upcoming update for Dark Souls for both platforms is currently going through the localization process at this time. We're working to include all of the fixes and changes from the updates. Unfortunately, we do not have a determined date for the release of the Dark Souls update for the North American region at this time. Please continue checking the official website and the Facebook page for Dark Souls periodically for any details once they become available: http://www.preparetodie.com or http://www.facebook.com/darksouls

Regards,

Namco Bandai Games America Customer Support

OEJO4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

1.05 PATCH IS OUT!! plat incoming!

gotta see what they ended up doing with my elite knight set, i know iron flesh got borked which i only really used on 4 kings the last time or so, crystal ring shield and infinite soul glitches are no doubt gone. i hear there's summons all over now, even at high levels - including red summons for gentlemen duels! cant wait.

list of changes

• 4 weeks later...

:LOL: aw, motherfuck that guy. looking back at it pre-patch, most of my matches were fair - dudes bowed and shit. that guy...he'dve made me break stuff.

there was one tricky fuck that got me on the way to the gargoyles fight in stage 1, he just perched up right across from the 2nd ladder going up - totally forgot you could stand there, lit me up good and even if id made it, i had almost no angles to hit him at unless idve kept climbing.

awesome video though.

Cheapest encounter I had was going down that stairway to Lost Izalith, after the Capra's. When you get about 3/4 of the way down, it pulls a couple of Tauros demons. The guy was hiding behind where the last centipede pops out and came at me right as I was dealing with the first Tauros.

I don't remember how that turned out, I like to think I survived.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<embed allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" base="." flashvars="" height="288" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:726349" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512"></embed>

2Wp0B.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...