Hondo's Bar

Dark Souls

The NZA

I gotta call it a night. Not much time to play today, stopped at lvl 61.

psh! 61.

stopped at 62 :2T:

okay, so, for maldrons (logans if you get it): now that i have enough faith to use the sword of atoria or whatever - which scales with dex & str - it ups my attack higher than the drake sword, but i have to hit things more times, both armored & non. what gives? really trying to sort out which weapon to run with (again, i need fast and scaling high to dex, some to str ideally), so until then, the only thing im modding is my large bow. my shield recovers stamina, which i dig, and im dressed like a wraith from the nice armor by the dragon-god's cousin in demon's ruins. also, whered you find your ninja gear, mal?

tomorrow/this week: hydra falls, i sort out a plan for that goddamn butterfly, and try my hand at sen's fortress.

huh...nice! pretty decent speed/range, and unlike the iato i'm looking at, it swings horizontal (better for crowd control). gonna check them both out tonight to see their #'s at +10 or with fire/lit; for my build, they don't have to be powerful like a black knight weapon - i'm chaining combos as quick as i can, so if the attack is anywhere around/right below 300, i'm doing good damage.

thanks man.

Lightning Spear dropped off a mimic in Sen's Fortress,it's currently my new favorite weapon.

I'm not one-shotting the snake guys like I was with the ultra greatsword, but I'm also taking a fraction of the risk. I may have to poke them a few times but at least I can do it with my shield up. It also seems to randomly apply a lightning DoT, which is nice.

It also doesn't seem to scale, so I don't expect to use it for too terribly long. it's kicking ass right now though.

yeah, i need to get my ass to Blighttown already, this sword is straight booty. my bow does more damage. speaking of, i need that dark or whatever bow brings S rank to dex. also, got the 2nd ember to the blacksmith so im ready for +15s when i get my shit.

took down Mothra easy enough, got the key, and then owned by the guy at the bottom of the staircase in undead burg, he dies soon. staying at SL 65 since mal says 60s is the sweet spot for assists/assisting, which i need to do for DAT PLAT at some point anyway. i need more time on the weekends.

*edit: taking mal's video:

anyone else not even give a fuck that whips appear useless to armored foes, and kinda wanna castlevania your way around with a leveled one as a secondary weapon? so considering this, and playing bloody tears in the background.

saw this @ GAF - maybe worth trying?

HOW TO EASILY CO-OP WITH FRIENDS

I'm not sure if many have figured this out yet, but I haven't really seen it posted here.

I was watching a stream of some dude playing Dark Souls the other day and he was constantly summoning his friend into his boss fights/areas. I asked him how he did it and he happily told me. Apparently, whenever you drop your White Soapstone, it's placed on a random server. If you drop it again, it's placed on a server different than the one it was before. So a buddy of mine thought we'd try out this guy's method of summoning his friend. My friend would drop his soapstone, and wait about 20 second, and drop it again until I told him I seen it, which I did eventually, every time. Sometimes it took five minutes, one time it took around 11 minutes, but that's because the first two times I seen his stone, he dropped another one before I told him I seen it, so the summon would fail.

TL;DR: Drop Soapstone near buddy every 20-30 seconds. Buddy should see it eventually when it lands on his server. Summon him up

if you yet live, you're certainly not playing it wrong

see, mal tied it up & talked about creating a female cleric - no idea how they manage with mostly healing shit, but i guess you just stat them to hit things too. i gotta say though, the naked run sounds awesome. im honestly not seeing the huge disadvantage: 11's across the board stat-wise sounds like a fantastic start, and cant you get better weapons/armor pretty quick? armor i wanna say a corpse somewhere about has on it, grab yourself a bow/arrows, get the drake sword and you're good to go within the first few hours, i'm thinking.

gonna go fight a big wolf, then either catacombs or new londo ruins because mal says avoid sen's fortress, for whatever reason.

Sen's Fortress wasn't much of a problem once I learned the traps (check out the basement while you're there...good times). Enemies are slow and predictable, including the boss.

As far as the deprived goes, ya, you get stuff pretty quick. When I talk of running around naked though, I was talking about my main. :2T:

I have a massive, jacked up shield that weighs a ton, and I use heavy weapons. I discovered I'm much more formidable when I can pounce like a puma and casually stroll out of an enemies range instead of clonking around in armor.

BUT, I just got a ring that practically doubles my carry weight, so I'm no longer a nudist.

that iron golem was a pain in my dick.

he shouldn'tve been that hard, really - he advertises the shit out of his moves. but i sat forever wanting to use my new lightning spear, which is great on damage but absolutely whiffs like crazy when you roll between his legs & try taking a few shots on his heels. worse yet, if you hit it once too many times, you sit there wide open when he goes for a devastating grab - all this before my awful luck with falling off cliffs (thanks From, next time let's fight on a telephone wire).

switched back to Drake+2 (you heard, maldrons) and it went a whole lot better, just keeping the camera & he focused on the center of the bridge or so. id really like to put more than +5 into this Iaito & see what i make of it (same issue - scaling with dex puts it numerical higher than the drake, but i have to hit things more times...), just wanna make sure i use the right stones to get the upgrade trophies out first, ive found a bunch of random ones wandering about. speaking of, who do i give this fancy ascension one to?

looking forward to this coveted warp ability when i tie up Londo, then finally back to the Catacombs and Londo Ruins for all the stuff i left there like rare weapons, spells and covenants. also: mal, where'd you end up grinding out those many levels for your needed faith? i know you said you found a better spot, id like to see what beats 6k in a minute or two (granted if its taking me 30k to level now, it prolly took you forever).

ps ah, read logan's post again - fuck, i missed the basement of sen's entirely! i made a shortcut down, just gotta go back later. where was i supposed to fall/jump?

Falling off the edge with the Iron Golem was my problem too. That's a personal problem, the boss was cake. Same with the invisible slut at the end of the painted world. I spent like 2 hours on her because I'd do stupid shit, when she's really not very hard at all.

After falling through a series of floors and randomly running around in the catacombs, I stumbled across that Pinwheel boss, who I promptly raped. Then I went on to The Valley of the Giants and immediately fell in a pit and started at the first bonfire. I just said "fuck this shit" and left. I guess I missed a bunch?

1.) What is this "warping" business?

2.) Are the "rare" weapons the ones you make with the souls, or ones that drop? Are they the ones that are yellow when you pick 'em up?

3.) Where do you get more of the temp curses you need to fight the ghosts in Londo Ruins? I bought the 4 from the shady dude in the sewer, found 1, but they don't seem to last that long.

4.) What trophies do you need faith for? Don't you just buy the spells?

i will not

okay, so between the wiki getting its shit sorted & my guide, it looks like im almost sorted. still got some stone mining/farming i think, gonna go for as many rare weapons & spells as i can before beating it though...i should prolly get better at fighting these big knights in groups in ando first though.

still, did some research on armor options, as far as getting the most while wearing the least; came up with a few interesting builds. the first is just me in a ninja suit with Elite Knight Armor +10 (unless i missed something, i think it's the best for its weight class). prolly gonna mix & match from the 1st tier to the 2nd, the 3rd with the stone stuff likely needs someone who put way more into endurance like logans (and if that's the case, there's certainly heavier shit that offers more, id imagine)

EKA+10 94 DEF 11.7 lbs

Shadow mask+5 DEF 14 .9 lbs

Shadow arms/legs+5 DEF 20(e) 1.4 lbs (e)

= 148 DEF, 15.4 lbs

EKA+10 94 DEF 11.7 lbs

omstein helm 32 DEF 5.5 lbs

omstein guant 24 at 4

leggings 40 at 7

= 193 DEF, 28.2 lbs

EKA+10 94 DEF 11.7 lbs

omstein helm 32 DEF 5.5 lbs

stone gauntlets & leggins 54 at 10.8

= 234 DEF, 38.8 lbs