Hondo's Bar

Batman: Arkham City

Newtype

My favorite part of that Batman picture is the paragraph "They must be taught to fear one all-powerful demon of the night - and only one"

Barbara Gordon. Cassandra Cain. Batwoman. Nightwing. Robin. Red Robin. Azrael. Damien Wayne. Fucking Batman INC.

Way to shit the bed, Bruce.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Finished this a couple days ago and it kinda makes me wanna change my GOTY vote. Skyrim is great and all, but this was fucking awesome. They completely outdid the original in every possible way, and I thought the story was awesome. The buildups it had made me think it was gonna fall flat at the last second, but the way it all went down was so good. Voice acting was amazing as always also. I may be finding new shit a billion hours into Skyrim, but I don't even think that game beats The Goddamn Batman.

The twist at the end was kind obvious, I had heard that

Azrael was in the game and I was all ready to find out that Hugo Strange was working for the order of St. Dumas and you'd fight Azrael because Batman doesn't kill and blah-blah but just finding out that it was actually Ra's Al Ghul (cause why the fuck else would he be in Arkham City?) was far too obvious

and the story seemed too short. It also sort of bugs me that whole areas are only pertinent if you're playing as Catwoman or Robin (apparently Robin's story is where Black Mask becomes valid and you don't even see Poison Ivy in Batman's section) it also would have been nice to have more Arkham Asylum villains as boss battles (just cause we fought 'em once doesn't mean we don't want to do so again: Bane and Killer Croc made appearances and more Scarecrow is always welcome.)

The control scheme frustrated me a bit as well but that's really just a personal gripe, I wanted Batman to control like Spider-Man or at least have separate buttons for running and jumping. Hopefully Batman: Arkham Commonwealth will improve on this and make my very few gripes go away.

• 6 months later...

'Batman: Arkham City' follow-up to be a Silver Age prequel

The yet-to-be-announced follow-up to 2011's Batman: Arkham City will be a prequel based on the Silver Age of DC's comic books from the 1950s during which the titular hero teamed up with the likes of Superman and founded the Justice League of America, Variety reports.

According to the publication, the Rocksteady Studios title will revolve around Batman's first meeting with the Joker.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is also expected to reteam a number of DC characters through the title in some form, as part of a push to get audiences used to seeing the superheroes in media outside of film. The game, which WBIE declined to comment about, will likely hit during 2013, Variety reports.

This comes as part of a mandate by Time Warner to monetize the superheroes through films, games, televised series', and cartoons.

WBIE published Batman: Arkham Asylum in 2009, followed by its sequel three years later. Its sequel sold 2 million units worldwide in its first week, and reached 6 million within its first month.

XPLgl.jpg

i think this is a really cool direction to take the series in, and only hope they try an all-new aesthetic to match; beefcake UE3 bats would look even wose here (to me), but after seeing some of the skins they did last game, they might just pull it off.

I loved dimaggio's rendition. TheBatman's Joker was great for the direction they took the character in, but that direction wasn't very silver age either.

I just wanted to throw John Dimaggio in there because I think he did a great animated dark Joker. less whimsy, but Red Hood didn't really require whimsy as much as psychopath. I know he does whimsy fine from Jake the Dog and Bender Bending Rodriguez.

Edited by Maldron

• 5 weeks later...