Hondo's Bar

Welcome back! (again)

The NZA

Back.png

Welcome back to Hondo's!

yeah, i don't like having the place closed down either, and I certainly wasn't expecting about a full week, but here's to hoping it's worth it! few changes around here, as you might've seen, but let's talk about some of them.

First and foremost, about 90% of why i did the upgrade: your posts will now auto-save as you write them, meaning no more losing posts! i've tested it myself (details here), it takes a minute or two but if you leave the page, go back, lose internet etc when you come back & try to post again to said thread, you should now see a "view auto-saved content" line at the bottom of your post, where you can restore your precious writings from. Personally, i've been asking for a feature like this for many years now, so i thought it's creation around the time of our anniversary was something i couldn't afford to miss.

Awards - this section's kinda bare right now, as I've got a few icons to test out for it but i'd like to have hondonians recognized for our post annual awards & such, stay tuned here.

there's a lot of other little things i'm discovering & adding in as we go (we might finally have a functional/updating Member Map soon!), take a look around & lemme know what you think so far - it's not quite done yet, so offer suggestions & help where you can! skins & such are an ongoing effort, don't mind the mess.

and again, welcome back & make yourselves at home.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 'upping' the fact that my account didn't get deleted this time.

Actual things though:

* What's the VIP members section and when will I be able to alienate people further from this position?

* I love all the stats in our profiles now! Pretty sure they're largely meaningless but god I love a good graph and some numbers.

yeah, i was waiting for that to come up...interesting that you discovered it first

i have more control over those settings this time around, so i disabled it. not simply because it's lame, but even as e-peen, it's a form of feedback - gaming it makes it less than useless in my eyes. i mean, it's usually given for material people find funny, which is legit but i kinda wish it also went more to people who created threads or really put effort up, like how aarty did with our last werewolf game. without people putting their daily rep points into themselves, i think we've got more room for using it as something of an actual metric.

as ever, it's just a setting - if there's a strong demand to reverse it, we'll go that way, but i can't honestly see why.

Took ya long enough! I mean...'bout time! I mean...jeesh, what took ya so long! I can't turn off the snark! But boy am I glad that had I lose my connection of my browser crashed, this post would have been autosaved for me :sarcasm:

So what is the reason that we get the emoticons we get in the bar below the reply box? AER the the most frequently used or something?

I don't appreciate your insinuations sir. :arty: I think I realised simply because my posts had a grey 0 next to them and I was simply fascinated by the new up-down thing to begin with. Also I was trying to test the waters and see if we had more than 1 + or - to give in any given day now. On that matter is there a setting to make the rollover occur with a calendar day as opposed to set 24 hours period?

that, im not seeing a setting for it but i can check around later if there's another custom script, as well as jax's request for a member list in that order.

also, jax: i wanna say it grabbed those smileys at random, no idea but just click "show all" and you're good.

shame i couldnt get comics and a few other corners sorted in time, but ill work on it more tonight. my only regret so far is not yet finding an adequate Runescape skin for loggins.

well, it looks like the board used profile pics as the new avatars...not that we can't switch back, mind you (i prolly will myself), just odd that the new design wanted to use one for both. im guessing this was a social networking idea or the like.

god yes, that shit's going away tonight. gonna redo the coding for showing sigs once per page + borders on them, i just have to have all the skin work done first since i need to do it for each & everyone of them too.

i saw a setting for hide all sigs, that might work in the meantime. but please believe they're next to go.

*Cautiously looks about, taking in the changes*

Am I just missing the button that takes you to the last post in a thread, or is it gone? Same with the posts within a 24 hour period button. Nevermind that last, found it.

Liking the preview thing when you put your cursor over someone's username in their post, though.

i saw a setting for hide all sigs, that might work in the meantime. but please believe they're next to go.

Wait, what? That setting is going away? But I like it. Or am I misunderstanding?

ames - pretty sure you share just that thread (though you likely link to whatever page it's on when you do), but if the content's hidden its prolly gonna want people to log in to see it. that's how it worked last time, haven't tested it yet. also, time zone is set to here (EST, i wanna say).

ASC - because nothing on them will ever be worth seeing every freaking page, much less several times. honestly, a number of forums i use dont allow them at all because they're a web 1.0 eyesore, and jax is a perfect example of how obnoxious they are. why am i seeing the same huge images every post?

i gotta put in a great deal of extra work to preserve them for you and a handful of others, when truth is they're a relic that are either off-putting or forgotten about most times - how many gamers here still have "thanks for using mygamercard.net" ones from xbox live tags that died almost a year ago?

Archived